• 50(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2013-09-08, 20:43)zoltan Wrote:
(2013-09-08, 18:34)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-09-08, 15:52)zoltan Wrote: Ok, I cut a 5 min sample from the file using avidemux, but I tested the sample and it plays correctly without problems.
I then tried to play the entire file and I had the problem again.

Parhaps avidemux has "fixed" a problem in the file.
You can try uploading it with a different hoster. Dropbox is good for sharing files.

I'm uploading to dropbox. I'll give you the link in about two hours.
Thanks

EDIT: here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/alr84z9bj7n2f5...iD-UPZ.avi

Did you test that file?
Possible to update openelec 3.1.7 frodo with RBEJ´s newest build would it work ok just to move the 4 files to update like I do with Frodo updates?
(2013-09-12, 16:48)chrlau5 Wrote: Possible to update openelec 3.1.7 frodo with RBEJ´s newest build would it work ok just to move the 4 files to update like I do with Frodo updates?

Yup! You can downgrade back the same way if you want, as well.
(2013-09-12, 16:31)zoltan Wrote:
(2013-09-08, 20:43)zoltan Wrote: https://www.dropbox.com/s/alr84z9bj7n2f5...iD-UPZ.avi

Did you test that file?

Yes. Playing now. Been playing for 15 minutes and no buffering. Sound is in sync, and it's playing fine.

What build are you using? If you bring up codec info ('o' key) what do the buffering number say?
Mine sit solidly on "B 99%" and "af:37%" (plus or minus a few percent) and "vf:100%" (flickering with 99%), which means all buffers are full.
The problems I reported earlier with live tv almost never working is not related to low voltage I have teste that today and measuered Volt around 4.92-5.05 V all time.

I now think that live is working until first reboot. I have same issue on RASPBMC, openelec official versions, RBEJ versions.

Addon mediaportal issue or XBMC issue? only XBMC seems to crash and then opens again right after.
do a library scan and test, some power supplies drop voltage under load
@sraue: FYI, Gotham master builds of OpenELEC are seg faulting when rebooting or powering off from the Power Menu - I first noticed this behaviour over a week ago:

Code:
rpi512:~ # DISPLAY=:0.0 /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin
killall: LCDd: no process killed
killall: hd-idle: no process killed
hwclock: can't open '/dev/misc/rtc': No such file or directory
<Select "Reboot" from Power Menu>
Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./Lib/threading.py", line 551, in __bootstrap_inner
  File "./resources/lib/modules/system.py", line 1329, in run
AttributeError: 'updateThread' object has no attribute 'oe'

Segmentation fault
rpi512:~ # echo $?

Not sure what the killall and hwclock messages are about, they appear prior to entering the Power Menu and may also require investigation.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-09-11, 22:57)rbej Wrote: Updated Gotham Branch

- updated Xbmc Gotham

- updated PVR add-on

- remove "Avoid audio codec when in passthrough modes" patch

- add "Speed improvement for opening the movies library" patch

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej

Hmm, my RPi doesn't boot anymore after updating, no rainbow splash, nothing.

The SD looks OK checking it on my PC but I'll try copying the bootcode.bin, fixup.dat and start.elf from 3rdparty/bootloader in the update archive, SYSTEM from target and KERNEL renamed to kernel.img from target in case one of the files got corrupted, as I am overclocking.

EDIT: Yep, that fixed it so I guess it must have gotten corrupted.

OK, so testing I managed to get it to lock up with a sound looping when stopping TV (and I remembered to switch debug logging on this time) so maybe this will show something useful, or maybe it's just my overclock isn't stable. top currently shows tvheadend using 18-20% and xbmc 9-10% but the log hasn't changed since 17:48 (a few minutes ago). I'll decrease my core_freq from 450 to 333 as I've got a vague feeling I had less problems either with just arm_freq=1000 or maybe also with core_freq=333 but if I still have these problems, I'll disable the core overclock completely and see how it goes with just the arm overclock. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=57866

As for the amplification/gain control, I found 30db is about right to get TV, stereo video files and multi-channel movie files around the same volume (this is with the main volume at -10db to leave some room for increasing it for individual files, although it might be better to set it to 0db and use the TV remote to adjust the volume). I think with 20db amplification, TV and stereo video files were OK but movies were a bit quiet still. However, when starting TV there's a loud sound at the start before it settles down, so I guess the automatic gain has nothing to go on at this point and defaults to max 30db before analysing the content and realising it needs to reduce it, so maybe a 1-2s window could be added before the gain becomes active, so that it won't do this? This doesn't happen when switching channels, only when first starting TV.

The Boost Centre Channel when Downmixing option isn't working as it should for me unfortunately and actually seems to make the dialogue quieter when activated. It may be that it's decreasing the L and R channels to boost the Centre channel and a lot of the dialogue might be coming from L or R rather than Centre, such as when the speaker is off to the side of the main character or there's a back and forth conversation between two characters, so unless there's a way to leave the L and R volumes as they are whilst boosting the Centre channel for the dialogue that does come from there (which might be the most important dialogue but we still need to be able to hear what the other characters are saying), I don't think it's going to work. I've only tested with one film (The Hobbit) so far but if that doesn't have all the dialogue on the Center then it's reasonable to assume that other major films won't either.

I'm still seeing the Boost Volume on Downmix in the video files pop-up/blade menu with it showing as disabled, despite it being enabled in System. It might be this menu entry doesn't do anything but it still shouldn't be there. I think this is just a matter of skins needing updating though, as it affects xTV-SAF and Confluence Modified but not Confluence, which shows the Update Library option instead (which the other skins are missing).
(2013-09-12, 17:43)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-09-12, 16:31)zoltan Wrote:
(2013-09-08, 20:43)zoltan Wrote: https://www.dropbox.com/s/alr84z9bj7n2f5...iD-UPZ.avi

Did you test that file?

Yes. Playing now. Been playing for 15 minutes and no buffering. Sound is in sync, and it's playing fine.

What build are you using? If you bring up codec info ('o' key) what do the buffering number say?
Mine sit solidly on "B 99%" and "af:37%" (plus or minus a few percent) and "vf:100%" (flickering with 99%), which means all buffers are full.

I'm using rbej gotham build 01/09/2013 but I tried also with frodo build 02/09/2013 and with rbej frodo final and it's the same.

When I play the file I have theese numbers:
af=27-28% stable
B and vf increase to 100% then decrease to 0% and hte video freezes. Then increase again to 100% and the video plays while B and vf decrease again and so on.
vq parameter is 0% stable.

When I play the 5 min sample I cut from this video I have:
af=27-28% stable
B and vf=99-100% stable
vq=6-7% stable
no playback problems.
(2013-09-12, 19:54)zoltan Wrote: I'm using rbej gotham build 01/09/2013 but I tried also with frodo build 02/09/2013 and with rbej frodo final and it's the same.

af=27-28% stable
B and vf increase to 100% then decrease to 0% and hte video freezes. Then increase again to 100% and the video plays while B and vf decrease again and so on.

When I play the 5 min sample I cut from this video i Have:
af=27-28% stable
B and vf=99-100% stable
vq=6-7% stable
no playback problems.

Might be worth trying rbej's gotham build from yesterday. Might also be worth playing the file locally (e.g. from usb or sdcard).
Can anyone else test this file?
(2013-09-12, 19:57)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-09-12, 19:54)zoltan Wrote: I'm using rbej gotham build 01/09/2013 but I tried also with frodo build 02/09/2013 and with rbej frodo final and it's the same.

af=27-28% stable

af=27-28% stable
B and vf=99-100% stable
vq=6-7% stable
no playback problems.

Might be worth trying rbej's gotham build from yesterday. Might also be worth playing the file locally (e.g. from usb or sdcard).

With latest rbej gotham build it's the same.
I tried to play the file from SD card and it plays perfectly (as the sample before)!
It's strange: I play 720p videos without any problem!
Theese files are stored on my 1st gen wdtvlive usb hdd.
(2013-09-11, 17:06)popcornmix Wrote: I've also added https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3233 which gives a useful speedup when entering the movies library.
Might be worth a new build.

Looks like this (AWESOME!) patch breaks Skin.Widgets for skins that offer it (like Confluence Modified): the Recommended TV Shows/Movies section doesn't get refreshed any more after playback; but only if the Movies list (and/or TV Shows list) has been opened at least once...

Builds before 'Rbej-Version-Frodo-Branch(11.09.2013)' (including the 'first' release of that build on that day) are fine...

Anyone able to confirm?
(2013-09-12, 20:21)zoltan Wrote:
(2013-09-12, 19:57)popcornmix Wrote:

af=27-28% stable

af=27-28% stable
B and vf=99-100% stable
vq=6-7% stable
no playback problems.

With latest rbej gotham build it's the same.
I tried to play the file from SD card and it plays perfectly (as the sample before)!
It's strange: I play 720p videos without any problem!
Theese files are stored on my 1st gen wdtvlive usb hdd.
I tried to open the file with avidemux and then save it and now it plays perfectly...
(2013-09-12, 19:57)popcornmix Wrote: Might be worth trying rbej's gotham build from yesterday. Might also be worth playing the file locally (e.g. from usb or sdcard).

I just tested the file over SMB with Gotham master built overnight and it played fine (the first couple of minutes of minutes anyway, I couldn't take any more).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-09-12, 20:26)kreeturez Wrote: Looks like this (AWESOME!) patch breaks Skin.Widgets for skins that offer it (like Confluence Modified): the Recommended TV Shows/Movies section doesn't get refreshed any more after playback; but only if the Movies list (and/or TV Shows list) has been opened at least once...

Builds before 'Rbej-Version-Frodo-Branch(11.09.2013)' (including the 'first' release of that build on that day) are fine...

Anyone able to confirm?

Can't confirm with an rbej build, but I just tried my own Gotham build with and without this patch and I see no difference in behaviour of this widget, no matter if I enter the Movies library beforehand or not.

I'm not really familiar with this widget, so when you say it's not being refreshed, what exactly do you mean?

What I'm seeing is this: if I pick a movie to play from the Recommended widget, when playback completes I'm returned to the main Movies menu and the widget updates to remove the movie I just watched. However, I'm not seeing new recommendations added to the end of the widget movie list, it's essentially a static list - maybe it's updated on a schedule? - but the patch seems to have no bearing on this widget behaviour.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223