• 51(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
I tried this build:
http://xbmcnightlybuilds.com/openelec-fu...-download/
and it works well.
It's a Frodo build.

Are there any official openelec nightly gotham builds anywhere?
Thanks
(2013-09-12, 21:24)zoltan Wrote: I tried this build:
http://xbmcnightlybuilds.com/openelec-fu...-download/
and it works well.
It's a Frodo build.

Are there any official openelec nightly gotham builds anywhere?
Thanks

sraue made a top of gotham build 5 days ago. Linked to here:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3210
(2013-09-11, 18:14)rbej Wrote: Updated.

Please download today build again.

I've rebased Ben's library speedups onto newclock3 which now includes a fourth speedup.
(2013-09-12, 22:03)popcornmix Wrote: I've rebased Ben's library speedups onto newclock3 which now includes a fourth speedup.

These patches are fantastic - I know this sounds ridiculous, but the Pi really is now almost as fast as my x86 box (Revo 3700) when entering the libraries. I really do wish more developers would optimise the efficiency of their code for the Raspberry Pi, it's going to be better for everybody! Well done Ben! Smile

With these latest patches it's probably shaved another couple of seconds off my Movie library (637 movies), now a couple of seconds tops from clicking the OK button to the list appearing (1GHz Pi with /storage mounted over NFS, so USB should be even quicker).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Had an issue whilst watching a video where it just froze in the middle. I stepped back and retried and it played OK to the end after that.

It was around 22:49 - 22:50 in the logs (you can see where I stepped back) http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=57979

I've also found that the issue of the volume being overloaded/distorted for a second or two when using the amplitude setting, before it analyses it and reduces it to normal levels, happens when starting video file playback, not just TV. I haven't tested music yet but I imagine it will affect that too.
(2013-09-12, 21:09)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-09-12, 20:26)kreeturez Wrote: Looks like this (AWESOME!) patch breaks Skin.Widgets for skins that offer it (like Confluence Modified): the Recommended TV Shows/Movies section doesn't get refreshed any more after playback; but only if the Movies list (and/or TV Shows list) has been opened at least once...

Builds before 'Rbej-Version-Frodo-Branch(11.09.2013)' (including the 'first' release of that build on that day) are fine...

Anyone able to confirm?

I'm not really familiar with this widget, so when you say it's not being refreshed, what exactly do you mean?

What I'm seeing is this: if I pick a movie to play from the Recommended widget, when playback completes I'm returned to the main Movies menu and the widget updates to remove the movie I just watched. However, I'm not seeing new recommendations added to the end of the widget movie list, it's essentially a static list - maybe it's updated on a schedule? - but the patch seems to have no bearing on this widget behaviour.

This is more-or-less what I'm seeing: on TV Shows, stopping playback (after opening the library view for both Movies and TV Shows) isn't refreshing the suggestions for me. But only if I've previously opened the TV Shows/Movies libraries first. That's why I suspect the patch; but I may be mistaken!

The normal behavior was the list is always refreshed after stopping a video...

Rolling back to an earlier build reverts to this behavior.

(2013-09-12, 23:05)MilhouseVH Wrote: These patches are fantastic - I know this sounds ridiculous, but the Pi really is now almost as fast as my x86 box (Revo 3700) when entering the libraries. I really do wish more developers would optimise the efficiency of their code for the Raspberry Pi, it's going to be better for everybody! Well done Ben! Smile

Couldn't agree more... I keep thinking I want to get an Android powerhouse box, but the unbelievable community support of the pi (and Stephan/Ben/rbej's endless contributions) keep me permanently impressed with the pi.

The only weak-point remaining is addons: python interpretation is CPU heavy at present; and addons like Hulu require decryption algorithms which are slow.

But video-playback with popcornmix's omxplayer optimizations is superb enough to make me forget I'm watching on a $40 device: it punches WAY above it's weight!

(2013-09-13, 00:23)doveman2 Wrote: I've also found that the issue of the volume being overloaded/distorted for a second or two when using the amplitude setting, before it analyses it and reduces it to normal levels, happens when starting video file playback, not just TV. I haven't tested music yet but I imagine it will affect that too.

Seen this also; since most content starts with no (or little) audio, it's not that noticeable: until you resume a video, that is :-) It appears (from the playback-info screen) that amplification is negative, so it 'starts' at max and goes down; hence this issue...
DRC is still a game-changer for nighttime viewing: I'm no longer riding the volume buttons all the time. Amazing!

I get the feeling that 3.2 (the stable version of OE) with all the above in place is going to blow everyone who owns a pi away - to the point where any other similarly-priced media player would just seem silly :-)
In Frodo build from rbej is minutes jump Forward and rewind very slow!(in mkv movie)
In Gotham it is fast!
Hello!

First of all, thank you for all your effort making Openelec and XBMC better!

I've recently updated my frodo setup to Rbej's 2013-09-04 and I've realized the usb hdd is no longer spinning down, no matter the settings in Openelec system tab.

Is this a known bug? Is there a way to get this feature back?

Thank you in advance.

Kindest regards.
I'm still having an issue with TV (tvheadend client/service and USB tuner all on the RPi) being unable to start after a cold boot. This may well be a TVheadend issue, so I'll post a report in it's thread as well but thought I should report it here too in case there's anything in this build that's at issue.

This log is after I unplugged both the RPi and the Hub PSU again, then plugged in the Hub first, then the RPi. After booting, it shows an error about "TVHeadend HTSP Client - No hardware" or something and repeats that three times before it starts loading the EPG data. After that finished, I went to the EPG and was able to start TV OK. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=58121

Unfortunately I don't have the previous log from where I plugged the RPi in first, then the Hub and it went through the same process but I got an error when trying to start TV from the EPG, as I tried to poweroff but it restarted XBMC instead, so I pulled the plug and restarted as above, so the previous log is empty.

This poweroff bug seems to be consistent and restarts XBMC every time I've tried it. It was working OK on the last build I was using.
I have openelec in sd card , how can I copy to another sd card ?
(2013-09-13, 14:39)Mamukutty Wrote: I have openelec in sd card , how can I copy to another sd card ?

If you use Windows you can use win32diskimager to 'read' the image from the original SD and then 'write' that saved image onto the new SD. Make sure that the new card is at least as big as the old. and beware it can take some time to copy depending upon the size of the original card.
Few issues I've found:

1. Some movies the step/bigstep doesn't work. In this log, it was Exit Through the Gift Shop. The +30s or +3min OSD comes up but it doesn't actually step at all.

2. The Boost Centre Channel setting also boosts stereo material.

3. Without using ac3downmixgain as well, amplitude on it's own isn't increasing the volume enough. As I increase it, I hear it boost but then the compressor cuts it down again once I stop increasing it, to a level that's much too quiet. Before I noticed I still had ac3downmixgain set to 18db and removed it, I think it was better, so I'll try putting that back again. I did add <limiterhold>100</limiterhold> so I don't know if that could be making it too quiet?

4. Some movies, when I do a bigstep, it jumps forward 5mins instead of 3. I assume it's doing chapter jumps instead of bigstep (happened with Zero Dark Thirty which is a VOB DVD Rip and The Hobbit, which is a mkv) but I only want to do chapter jumps when I press my Skip Forward/Back buttons, not up/down on the d-pad.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=58159

I've posted a feature request for separate volume settings now as well. I hope you don't mind me mentioning you popcornmix http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=173406
(2013-09-13, 01:37)kreeturez Wrote: Seen this also; since most content starts with no (or little) audio, it's not that noticeable: until you resume a video, that is :-) It appears (from the playback-info screen) that amplification is negative, so it 'starts' at max and goes down; hence this issue...

Actually TV always starts with audio as it's mid-stream when we start it, so I get this very loud and startling noise every time I start TV. Lots of my videos (i.e. series episodes) have audio at the start as well, so I get it with those too. Music too I guess, although I still haven't tested that yet. Only high-quality movie rips really have silence at the start.
i`ve seen on raspbmc site that isochronous usb support has been fixed, is it possible to patch it on openelec so it works
Been trying to see if I can use 50MB RAM for a timeshift buffer with tvheadend but I haven't had much luck so far

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=173405
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223