Bug Universal movie scraper partially broken
Hi,
I noticed that lately UMS cannot find IMDB entries for short movies. Even very popular ones like Hotel Chevalier.

Any ideas?
Yes, check the scraper settings... and it's not only lately Wink
(2013-08-15, 17:23)olympia Wrote: Yes, check the scraper settings... and it's not only lately Wink

Yeah I only noticed it lately. I did check the scraper settings before posting, what did I miss?
(2013-08-15, 17:23)olympia Wrote: Yes, check the scraper settings... and it's not only lately Wink

Any other insight on this? I have the same problem with the same short film. What settings should I be looking for? This movie is the only one that doesn't scrape properly with your AWESOME scraper (I LOVE the Metacritic ratings. I find them actually meaningful). My title and year matches IMDB, which is where i get the info from, verbatim but still it won't scraper. When I manually refresh, no seeming combination of words will come up with anything.

As a temporary fix, I added the directory as a separate movie source and used the default XBMC scraper and it works fine but I'd much rather use yours as it would be a pain to do this extras step for this one movie on each networked XBMC system.

Thanks for your help and for the awesome tool.
You guys are kidding, right? It's not hidden. There is a category (group of options) in the scraper settings, labeled "Search". I hope I won't need to tell the exact option to enable.

Once you found it, please let me know how this could be more clear.
(2013-09-21, 13:50)olympia Wrote: You guys are kidding, right? It's not hidden. There is a category (group of options) in the scraper settings, labeled "Search". I hope I won't need to tell the exact option to enable.

Once you found it, please let me know how this could be more clear.

How this could be more clear:

(2013-08-11, 17:37)LRa Wrote: Hi,
I noticed that lately UMS cannot find IMDB entries for short movies. Even very popular ones like Hotel Chevalier.

Any ideas?

LRa,

You are correct: Universal Movie Scraper (UMS) cannot find entries for short movies when using IMDB as the search provider and hasn't been able to for quite some time. Unfortunately, (A) this is not possible to fix as it is a problem on IMDB's end OR (B) This is something that I'm looking to fix but I do or don't have an ETA at the moment OR © I am aware of this issue but have no plans to address it at this time.

To solve this issue, change the search provider in the UMS options "Search" tab to themoviedb.org and this should solve your problem.

It wasn't clear because you didn't specify anything about the search provider being the culprit in your previous answer so we didn't know what we were looking for. A brief "This has been an ongoing problem, change the search provider in the scraper settings to resolve this issue" would have been enough.

That said, I appreciate the response here and I love your scraper :-)

Using, IMDB as the search provider has the disadvantage of not being able to pull up short films. Any disadvantages to using themoviedb.org as the search provider?
Pfew.... Seems like the option I am talking about is even more mysterious and non-understandable. You don't need to switch search provider, you only want to enable the option "Include All Movie Categories" what is available when you select IMDb as search provider. This is not enabled by default, because it will screw up the search accuracy for automatic scraping.

...and on the question how this could be more clear I didn't mean to draft me a nicer reply. Since you aren't here for a long time, probably you don't know that I am not willing to give step by step guides in my responses, most of the time I only give a (good enough) pointer. What I meant is that please let me know how this setting in the scraper could be more clear so that you understand when you are looking at it. If the strings can be improved, I am certainly not against it.
That was clear. Thanks.
(2013-09-21, 21:27)olympia Wrote: you only want to enable the option "Include All Movie Categories" what is available when you select IMDb as search provider.

I have always had this setting enabled (with IMDb as search provider) but I'm not able to scrape Partly Cloudy (short) (2009). Several other Pixar shorts scrape fine, however...

Maybe allow people to just enter the IMDb tt# for cases like this?
If I may add my 10 cents here: I had a huge problem with scraping shorts as well and couldn't undertand what people where talking about until I read the pointer about the search provider here. My problem apparently is a GUI one, since after the option titles, there's a blue arrow indicating there might be more options. I have been mouse-clicking the arrow on my XBMC for Windows with no apparent result, so I assumed that there were only options.for GENERAL / PLOT / CREDITS / POSTER. Turns out that I cannot use mouse but only keyboard to scroll... bummer. Now I found them all.
Hi, I have the same problem with some Disney/Pixar shorts.

Have tried using both IMDB (using all movie categories) and themoviedb as search engines, and nothing comes up. I even went to both sites and tried searching manually and the shorts are found, but not by the scraper.

An example, Boundin' (2003), http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0395479 on IMDB and https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/13062-boundin on themoviedb.

Any insights?

Thanks
Please disregard my previous post.
I've cleaned up the folder, deleting the .nfo file, and any .jpg created by XBMC, and refreshed the data, and all is well now! Smile
Ok, after cleaning up, I'm now getting some weird results on a specific movie: Stan Lee's Mighty 7.

The movie exists both in IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3861212) and TheMovieDB (https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/254187-...s-mighty-7), but the data that get's stored in XBMC is weird. No title, no description, a Star Wars fanart and a 'Predator collection' poster.

Any clue?

Thanks
in case if somebody else still have problems with the universal movie scraper for short movies etc...

the solution is exactly as they said to configure the universal movie scraper-->search and enable all categories or set moviedb as search engine

now...if this doesnt work PROBABLY you are trying to do that by the addons settings...
...if your answer is "sure, where otherwise?" this is actually why the problem continue and still.
remember that every SOURCE memorized your option for the scraper, so to fix the problem about finding exist short movies on imdb etc just edit your source media and configure there the scraper for all categories.
Graphic and Web Designer | C++ Programmer | Creator of 3XperiencE1080 Skin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal movie scraper partially broken0