• 16(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
If I have similar or identical images and crossfade is selected, the image dims slightly before displaying the next picture.

Is there anyway to remove this dimming during the transition?
(2013-09-03, 23:10)ronie Wrote:
(2013-09-03, 22:27)larzeb Wrote: Will the slideshow display pdfs?

nope, only files with these extensions are supported:
'.jpg', '.jpeg', '.png', '.tif', '.tiff', '.gif', '.pcx', '.bmp', '.tga', '.ico'

No support fort RAW-files?
(2013-09-04, 14:28)t22design Wrote: If I have similar or identical images and crossfade is selected, the image dims slightly before displaying the next picture.

Is there anyway to remove this dimming during the transition?

nope, you'll have to mess with the python code if you want to change it.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-09-04, 14:35)Robotica Wrote:
(2013-09-03, 23:10)ronie Wrote:
(2013-09-03, 22:27)larzeb Wrote: Will the slideshow display pdfs?

nope, only files with these extensions are supported:
'.jpg', '.jpeg', '.png', '.tif', '.tiff', '.gif', '.pcx', '.bmp', '.tga', '.ico'

No support fort RAW-files?

not at the moment.
doesn't mean they can't be added though.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I just upgraded from Frodo 12.2 to 13 alpha 7 and the Slideshow Screensaver appears not to be finding the Fan Art. The art is there since it is being displayed in Movies and TV Shows. I'm sure I have something set wrong, but I can't find it. The Screensaver reverts to a blank screen with no errors. Any suggestions?
Well I solved my problem with Slideshow screensaver. I ran the Artwork Organizer addon and the fan art appears again.
don't know if any one else posted this but i wanted to have this sorted out a.s.a.p.

i have my photo's numberd 1-2-3-4- (ascending till 126 since it are 126 photo's)
but slideshow does the following
1->10->100
also
2->20->21->22 and on for all other numbers,.
i want it to be 1->2->3->4

tried numbering 001 ,002 ,003 but it doesn't show those pictures at all

any suggestion on what to do ?
(2013-09-26, 12:11)klenghost Wrote: don't know if any one else posted this but i wanted to have this sorted out a.s.a.p.

i have my photo's numberd 1-2-3-4- (ascending till 126 since it are 126 photo's)
1->10->100
also

hmmm...yeah, the addon sorts the images alphabetically,
which is not what you want in your case.

i'll have to look into it.

note to self:
problem and solution - http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2007/12...order.html
I just installed the slideshow screensaver through XBMC addons.

Is it possible to have the music info display and then fade out after so many seconds then
reappear when the song changes?

I have played with the xml a bit and changed the text/image displayed for music, but cannot figure how to get it to fade and reappear like in the visualization/now playing screens.

Lastly, would it be possible to add a random display for the transitions that would use all 3 effects?

Thanks!

Basically I use this during Christmas and have Christmas music playing with the slideshow running through Christmas scenes and winter images.
It is nice to show the artist title when each song starts.
(2013-09-26, 12:11)klenghost Wrote: don't know if any one else posted this but i wanted to have this sorted out a.s.a.p.

1->10->100
also

Its using a 'computer order' type of sorting.

Try numbering them all with the same amount of digits but not starting with zero.

ie.
etc
(2013-09-26, 17:13)JDizzy Wrote: Is it possible to have the music info display and then fade out after so many seconds then

I have played with the xml a bit and changed the text/image displayed for music, but cannot figure how to get it to fade and reappear like in the visualization/now playing screens.
it's gonna be pretty tough to make the amount of time user configurable.
(2013-09-26, 17:13)JDizzy Wrote: Lastly, would it be possible to add a random display for the transitions that would use all 3 effects?
nah, not interested in adding that.

1->10->100
also

if you have a chance, please test:
screensaver.xbmc.slideshow-0.1.7.zip
and let me know if this fixes your issue.
(2013-09-28, 14:21)ronie Wrote:
(2013-09-26, 17:13)JDizzy Wrote: Is it possible to have the music info display and then fade out after so many seconds then
it's gonna be pretty tough to make the amount of time user configurable.
Just to have it fade out would be great. I don't believe it is user defined in the viz screens either.
Another question here,
I wish to have the slideshow start playing right when the music starts playing but am not sure which file actually starts the slideshow playing.

I would do this with:
<onclick> start music playing <./onclick>
<onclick) start slideshow </onclick>
from a menu button.
What would the command be to start the slideshow?

Thanks!

Also, were you going to try to get the music info to fade in/out (as in previous post)?
(2013-10-01, 19:57)JDizzy Wrote: Another question here,
I wish to have the slideshow start playing right when the music starts playing but am not sure which file actually starts the slideshow playing.

I would do this with:
<onclick> start music playing <./onclick>
<onclick) start slideshow </onclick>
from a menu button.
What would the command be to start the slideshow?

Thanks!

Also, were you going to try to get the music info to fade in/out (as in previous post)?

it's not possible in XBMC Frodo.
in XBMC Gotham, a 'ActivateScreensaver' command has been introduced, which should do what you're after.

as for the fade in/out, it's not likely i will add it.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4