• 2(current)
Video of latest xbmc code on Raspberry Pi
Cool. You running NFS or Samba shares? Wired or wireless?
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2013-09-28, 21:22)jammyb Wrote: Cool. You running NFS or Samba shares? Wired or wireless?

Wired, NFS.
Are these patches in the Frodo branch as well? I would like to test a updated Frodo branch to keep my database version the same, so my boxes can continue to sync over mysql.
@popcornmix:Very nice Video!

Have you 1 movie in 1 folder?
In this method, the movie start performance is really fast, no loading dialog i see, i use this method!
With latest Build from rbej.

Is this your USB-Stick?
http://www.amazon.de/Sandisk-Cruzer-Extr...xtreme+usb

Why have your screen resolution 24Hz and not 60Hz?
(2013-09-28, 23:15)Takenover83 Wrote: Are these patches in the Frodo branch as well? I would like to test a updated Frodo branch to keep my database version the same, so my boxes can continue to sync over mysql.

Testing will be on Gotham. I'll backport to Frodo afterwards.
(2013-09-29, 00:59)Koloss Wrote: @popcornmix:Very nice Video!

Have you 1 movie in 1 folder?
In this method, the movie start performance is really fast, no loading dialog i see, i use this method!
With latest Build from rbej.

Is this your USB-Stick?
http://www.amazon.de/Sandisk-Cruzer-Extr...xtreme+usb

Why have your screen resolution 24Hz and not 60Hz?

Yes, each movie in own folder. Less time spent searching for subtitle files.
That USB stick looks like mine.
Most of my videos are 24Hz so it saves a resolution change on start and stop.
Also CPU is lower at 24Hz.
(2013-09-29, 01:25)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-09-28, 23:15)Takenover83 Wrote: Are these patches in the Frodo branch as well? I would like to test a updated Frodo branch to keep my database version the same, so my boxes can continue to sync over mysql.

Testing will be on Gotham. I'll backport to Frodo afterwards.

I'm not able to build OpenELEC master with your latest (28 Sep) newclock3 patches:

Code:
APPLY PATCH (project):   /home/neil/projects/OpenELEC.tv/projects/RPi/patches/xbmc/0030_rbpomxplayer_first_attempt_at_decode_to_texture.patch
patching file xbmc/cores/omxplayer/OMXImage.cpp
patching file xbmc/cores/omxplayer/OMXImage.h
patching file xbmc/guilib/Texture.cpp
patching file xbmc/guilib/Texture.h
patching file xbmc/guilib/TextureGL.cpp
Hunk #1 succeeded at 24 with fuzz 2 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 39 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #3 FAILED at 53.

Is a more recent XBMC package required in OpenELEC? OpenELEC master currently has xbmc-13.alpha-7f45288.

/home/neil/projects/OpenELEC.tv/projects/RPi/patches/xbmc/0030_rbpomxplayer_first_attempt_at_decode_to_texture.patch
TextureGL.cpp.orig
TextureGL.cpp.rej

(2013-09-29, 01:28)popcornmix Wrote: Less time spent searching for subtitle files.

How significant is this? Presumably it's a handful of "file exist" checks which shouldn't add much overhead, even when using NFS.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Although I commend the Raspberry Pi and use one as my main HTPC source. In terms of hardware its already being beaten on price and performance. The quad core boxes are selling for around £50. Your optimising it to the death and by the time your finished you can pick up a quad core beast that will cost the same or lower and have GUI performance x8 minimum. Whats the point in optimising it when consumers will just jump ship. All they care about is price/performance. and all your efforts will have been for nothing??
(2013-09-29, 12:37)MediaPi Wrote: Although I commend the Raspberry Pi and use one as my main HTPC source. In terms of hardware its already being beaten on price and performance. The quad core boxes are selling for around £50. Your optimising it to the death and by the time your finished you can pick up a quad core beast that will cost the same or lower and have GUI performance x8 minimum. Whats the point in optimising it when consumers will just jump ship. All they care about is price/performance. and all your efforts will have been for nothing??

There are a lot of Raspberry Pi devices out there. Due to it's business model (education), it's a long term platform - it will be supported for years.

While xbmc isn't a primary goal of Raspberry Pi, I'm in a unique position of being able to edit the GPU firmware and xbmc code to fix problems.
And I have a Pi in my living room which is the only thing I watch videos on, so I have an incentive to improve it.

The cheap android boxes will come and go. All are, I believe, not fully functional (e.g. missing CEC, 24Hz switching and DTS/AC3 passthrough), and may well be abandoned by manufacturers before they do work.

No doubt more powerful boxes will continue to appear, and android support will improve, but I'd like to keep the Pi competetive for as long as is possible.
(2013-09-29, 03:26)MilhouseVH Wrote: Is a more recent XBMC package required in OpenELEC? OpenELEC master currently has xbmc-13.alpha-7f45288.
newclock3 is rebased off a newer point in Gotham. You either need to update xbmc in OpenELEC (with makepkg) to the same point,
or (what I did) rebase newclock3 onto a branch created from 7f45288, and then create the patches form there.

(2013-09-29, 03:26)MilhouseVH Wrote: How significant is this? Presumably it's a handful of "file exist" checks which shouldn't add much overhead, even when using NFS.

I believe the whole directory is iterated, and then each file is compared with a valid subtitle filename, so the time taken is proportional to the number of files in the directory.
With a thousand moveies, each with a collection of artwork, nfo files and subs, I could imagine this taking a couple of seconds (although I keep things as hieracrhical as possible, so haven't tried this).
@popcornmix, is your setting force_turbo=1 or force _turbo=0?
(2013-09-29, 13:14)Koloss Wrote: @popcornmix, is your setting force_turbo=1 or force _turbo=0?

force_turbo=1
(2013-09-29, 13:13)popcornmix Wrote: newclock3 is rebased off a newer point in Gotham. You either need to update xbmc in OpenELEC (with makepkg) to the same point,
or (what I did) rebase newclock3 onto a branch created from 7f45288, and then create the patches form there.

Thanks, I'll look into the makepkg option as I'm just downloading your patches over http rather than forking/cloning your repository.

(2013-09-29, 13:13)popcornmix Wrote: I believe the whole directory is iterated, and then each file is compared with a valid subtitle filename, so the time taken is proportional to the number of files in the directory.
With a thousand moveies, each with a collection of artwork, nfo files and subs, I could imagine this taking a couple of seconds (although I keep things as hieracrhical as possible, so haven't tried this).

Although I don't have thousands of files in each directory, this sounds like it could be optimised... Wink
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Will this build be available to install for us regular punters who don't have a clue about newclock3, makepkg options, forking/cloning repositorys etc? Smile
(2013-09-29, 14:15)evangelion Wrote: Will this build be available to install for us regular punters who don't have a clue about newclock3, makepkg options, forking/cloning repositorys etc? Smile

You can find it here. If you're already using OpenELEC, use a tool like 7zip (on Windows) to extract the four files from the target folder, copy them into your Update folder on the Pi and reboot to automatically update to this new *test* version.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video of latest xbmc code on Raspberry Pi6