• 182(current)
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs
(2013-09-30, 16:12)checkmate1980 Wrote:
(2013-09-29, 01:40)noopie2 Wrote:
(2013-09-28, 06:41)gradinaruvasile Wrote: After you changed the /etc/defaults/grub file, did you issue a "sudo update-grub" command?

I thought I did that, and I did. No result. Updating to kernel 3.12 rc3 did move the log file to say something like "[drm] audio x enabled" (x6), but no sound at all.
But thanks for pointing out not to forget the update-grub command!

Looks like someone had a similar problem as well. 3.12 audio issues

You can try the solution at the bottom:bugzilla known 3.12 hdmi issue

I had similar issues. Mine were related to Ubuntu 13.04 64-bit using upstart to manage the pulseaudio service. It was invoked in per-session mode, which in my case was not working when using XBMC-standalone as session. Maybe Suse is doing the same or a similar thing?

I needed to slightly change the pulseadio upstart script to get my HDMI audio working. If you want to give it a try, here is what I did:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1502484
Mmmh, this howto here suggests to drop pulseaudio completely. It only hoggs the Audio device and xbmc implementation of pulse is - not really advanced.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Just a short note: oibaf has dropped the interop v4 patch, as it does not build with current mesa, don't upgrade.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2013-09-30, 20:15)fritsch Wrote: Mmmh, this howto here suggests to drop pulseaudio completely. It only hoggs the Audio device and xbmc implementation of pulse is - not really advanced.

In my eyes the best solution depends on how the PC / Media PC/ HTPC is being used. If XBMC is being used solely, then dropping pulseaudio completely is surely the best option - nevertheless I see no point in using a big dist like Ubuntu / Suse when it comes to XBMC only usage. OpenELEC would here be a better option.

I think many people using Ubuntu / Suse or the like are doing this to have a separate Desktop session they can use at will. E. g. in my case I didn't want to drop pulseaudio because I am also using the Ubuntu Unity Desktop Session from time to time. And at least for Ubuntu the usability is much better with pulseaudio than with alsa only ... but this is my optinion and opinions may vary depending on the use case and the user's linux skill level (mine is pretty low ;-) )
@MeisterD: Yes you are fully right, I also use pulse on my desktop.
Wink 
Here, Anssi just finished bitstream audio implementation in my living room:

Edit: He will post the patches on the ALSA-ML in the next days.
Fesch Smile strange how fast the development gets when its opensource and the manufacteur lifts a few documents
One month ago I bought a nvidia card for my e350.... For me it was the last equipment from amd, but I'm glad that HD audio is finally working
Hi guys,
you don't know how am I waiting for something to test.
Still I'm tied to Lubuntu 13.04 and catalyst 13.6
I tried to update kernel but I had bad luck.
What about catalyst 13.10 beta - just released yesterday.
Did someone test?
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pag...river.aspx
Fusion E-350, 4 GB RAM, SSD, openSUSE Tumbleweed 64bit KDE, Mesa-10.2.3, latest stable Kernel, XBMC FernetMenta-Git
Nope - did not and won't in the future. Blob time is over.
(2013-10-01, 12:53)fritsch Wrote: Nope - did not and won't in the future. Blob time is over.

Ok - I won´t blame you Wink

Maybe some readers are interested using 13.10 beta because of openGL 4.2 stuff. So I will report back, if Mr. Siebert (http://www.sebastian-siebert.de/) updates his catalyst makerpm-script to 13.10 beta, so that I can test another ugly beta-blob on my desktop machine.

press thumbs
Fusion E-350, 4 GB RAM, SSD, openSUSE Tumbleweed 64bit KDE, Mesa-10.2.3, latest stable Kernel, XBMC FernetMenta-Git
(2013-10-01, 13:08)tomtomme Wrote:
(2013-10-01, 12:53)fritsch Wrote: Nope - did not and won't in the future. Blob time is over.

Ok - I won´t blame you Wink

Maybe some readers are interested using 13.10 beta because of openGL 4.2 stuff. So I will report back, if Mr. Siebert (http://www.sebastian-siebert.de/) updates his catalyst makerpm-script to 13.10 beta, so that I can test another ugly beta-blob on my desktop machine.

press thumbs

Do you know if this allows reading the temperature monitors?
And whether this is expected to work on kernels earlier than 3.11?
the adaption to ubuntu is easy, but I'm not sure it's worth trying.
(2013-10-01, 13:16)Claudio.Sjo Wrote: Do you know if this allows reading the temperature monitors?
And whether this is expected to work on kernels earlier than 3.11?
the adaption to ubuntu is easy, but I'm not sure it's worth trying.

the makerpm-skript?
yes it works with kernel < 3.11
for the temperature I use: aticonfig --odgt

but that has nothing to do with the makerpm-skript. The script serves the purpose of building a opensuse-compatible rpm-package from the original catalyst-package and it handles the dependencies right, so that everything builds and installs automagicaly.

Mr. Siebert also often includes some bugfixes and support for newer kernels to make catalyst also work on opensuse tumbleweed. He is in contact with the AMD devs and his makerpm-skript for suse is the only reason I still have not switched to nvidia. I rely on it, because my desktop runs an HD 7950, where the OSS driver still sucks. Mr. Siebert makes catalyst at least tolerable on opensuse.

I doupt porting it to ubuntu makes sense. You should contact Mr. Siebert on that directly.
My audio is out of sync, I have tried every option ins A/V sync in playback. But they are all out of sync.
  • 182(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs23