Android Customise XBMC
Hi all, this is my 1st post! Have searched and cannot find a solution ....

I want to customise XBMC at our school (running on a AML8726 g18ref TV box) & one thing that has been asked is can I change the XBMC splash (boot) screen?

We want to use the school logo on the XBMC splash screen? Give the kids a project to design it

Is this possible, and if YES - how can I do it?

Ideally we would like to use XBMC as the launcher - make it easier for the kids (and teachers!) to navigate.

Any help / tips would be gratefully received

Cheers
Yes, you can change it - just change the picture, which is located in the XBMC installation folder -> media/splash.png
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

(2013-10-02, 11:11)HenryFord Wrote: Yes, you can change it - just change the picture, which is located in the XBMC installation folder -> media/splash.png

Thank you - will check this out later after school Wink
Oh, wait - I missed that this is for Android. Sorry about that.
I don't exactly know how to change the splash screen in android, but I'd guess that you have to take the apk, unpack it, replace it and repackage the apk.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Nah, it's the same way on Android.
(2013-10-02, 16:32)HenryFord Wrote: Oh, wait - I missed that this is for Android. Sorry about that.
I don't exactly know how to change the splash screen in android, but I'd guess that you have to take the apk, unpack it, replace it and repackage the apk.

Sorted (to a degree) - thanks.

I had to unpack it - edit - repack & sign!

XBMC loads with new splash screen BUT now I am getting script errors after launching XBMC Sad

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
Can you post a log?

(2013-10-06, 14:25)HenryFord Wrote: Can you post a log?

I have deleted everything but will re-run the process & get the log file.

I am very grateful for your help Smile
Hi Guys,

I have the exact problem with this, i located the splash.png which i changed out (done it on my pc before) the splash works but xbmc opens with lots of script errors when i open any addon. I can't send the log as the log program wont open due to this. i think one of the main errors before i touch anything is script failed: services.py

All i did was change the splash and resigned it.

If anyone has any idea about getting this to work on android, would be greatful.

Do you have to compile xmbc from scratch do you think?

Kind regards,

Sam

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Customise XBMC0