• 10(current)
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
Another update: I downloaded HeidiSQL, installed it on my win7 pc, and tried to connect to the db with xbmc/xbmc. Success! I didn't try to insert any data in the tables. Don't want to test too much before I get more advice Smile
Got I little cover art issue with V12.2.

I have it installed on 3 machine, 2 Win7 install and Xbian 1.0 Alpha 5

I build my library using my main rig with a fresh install of XBMC, all the movie/tvseries are on my WHS2011 server with MySQL 5.6 installed and successfully setup.

When I tried to "sync" all the library on my HTPC every movie, movie state appeared but no cover and fanart.

For the Xbian sync, all movie appeared with cover and fanart but no movie state.

My advancedsettings, sources, mediasource XML are the same for all except xbian who already have some data.

What I'm missing!?!?
(2013-10-06, 17:14)aceor44 Wrote: Another update: I downloaded HeidiSQL, installed it on my win7 pc, and tried to connect to the db with xbmc/xbmc. Success! I didn't try to insert any data in the tables. Don't want to test too much before I get more advice Smile
Try dropping the music and video databases and restarting xbmc, if this doesn't work try an older build of xbmc
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2013-10-06, 18:48)Dilligaf Wrote: Try dropping the music and video databases and restarting xbmc, if this doesn't work try an older build of xbmc
Did that. XBMC recreated the mymusic32 and myvideos75 DBs. But still no ability to update.

I'm starting to wonder if I should just forget about MySQL and upgrade to Gotham, since it has enhancements in this area.
Update:

I uninstalled MySQL, and tried to reinstall it. There was an error message at the last stage of reinstall (security issue), however the app was installed. So I uninstalled again, and then manually deleted the leftover files in various directories (yeah Windows). I reinstalled again, and chose the manual setup wizard. When doing so, it presented me with an option to change the master DB password, which I did, and bam! everything started working. So, Dilligaf ..... your thoughts were correct (permission issue), however, I still can't understand what happened the first time. but it's fixed now, and I have a working centralized db!

Thanks for your advice.

Now ... off to another forum to post a question about why my TVDB scrapper is not downloading banners, but will do so if I manually refresh a show.
(2013-10-02, 06:12)Ned Scott Wrote: That's the plan Smile
Most of what we can do in MySQL can now be done in the upcoming v13 Gotham via UPnP (watched/resume status, shared artwork/metadata, etc), and there are more improvements on the way.

How can I find out more about this? I run a MySql instance on a server so it's accessible via all xbmc clients, but I though UPnp would require the clients to be on all the time?
(2013-10-14, 14:03)johnyb Wrote:
(2013-10-02, 06:12)Ned Scott Wrote: That's the plan Smile
Most of what we can do in MySQL can now be done in the upcoming v13 Gotham via UPnP (watched/resume status, shared artwork/metadata, etc), and there are more improvements on the way.

How can I find out more about this? I run a MySql instance on a server so it's accessible via all xbmc clients, but I though UPnp would require the clients to be on all the time?

The UPnP (wiki) wiki pages cover most of the basics, and watched/resume status works by itself when using Gotham. I'll be uploading a video today or tomorrow about the additional improvements (they're going to be really awesome). I'll also be cleaning up the UPnP pages for Gotham and to help show off the UPnP features a bit more.
Thanks, looking forward to the video (and the improvements obviously) Big Grin
When i install a new client with the advancedsettings file all movies,music and tv shows comes up but get an error this file is no longer available.
On the main xbmc they can play as normal, are there other settings to set in XBMC?
I think i got how to do it problem is solved
Hi. Another quick question for the informed Smile

I have the shared DB up and running. All is well there, and the 3 (soon to be 4) clients are accessing it as expected. With 1 exception .... I use the SI02x skin, and the top shelf items only refresh on the xbmc instance that is doing DB updates. The others don't refresh in real time. I can force them to refresh by either hitting the 'Home' key on the ipad app, or, by restarting xbmc (if my kids have hidden the ipad, and I'm forced to use the remote/CEC).
Does anyone know if this is a skin issue, or an issue with the common db impacting all skins with a top shelf?
Does anyone know if there is a solution to refresh automatically?
How do i sync the profiles folder as it do not get transfered to my NAS?
(2013-11-24, 11:41)rogern Wrote: How do i sync the profiles folder as it do not get transfered to my NAS?

You can't, really. You'd have to use something like dropbox or rsync.
My QNAP NAS is stuck on MYSQL 5.1 does syncing work on a version this old?
Windows 7
MySQL 5.5

I've followed the instructions and "think" I've got it running but,
How can I test the set up?
Also, how can I see it the database has been created?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2