• 47(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
I could care less about sharing content outside of my house. I just want to get the channels working on the 2 Ouyas I have on my local network. Are you saying I don't need MySQL working to do that?
wait ptvl works on ouya? if so thats epic
(2013-10-07, 03:08)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-10-07, 02:48)boognish43 Wrote:
(2013-10-07, 02:33)dkplayaclub Wrote: Here is an example of one of my channels, using a playlist :

Code:
<setting id="Channel_1_type" value="0" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_1" value="special://profile/playlists/video/PseudoTV - Movies - Action.xsp" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="2" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_id" value="10" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rule_2_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rule_2_opt_1" value="Action Movies" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="False" />

If I can't just copy and paste it to the Ouya, can I replace "special://profile/playlists/video/PseudoTV - Movies - Action.xsp" with the smb address for all such channels as a quick fix?

To somewhat add to this topic. I'd like to have the settings2 file hosted on my Web serverv so when I update it, it updates on all of my friends and familys boxes

I don't see this being possible without mysql db and a lot of tinkering because how are you sharing your xbmc content with friends outside your house? are you hosting a file server? if you are... you have to make sure your db, configuration files and sources are all using the external ip that your friends can access...

I have my files on bitcasa and each system I have built for friends and family has the library coming straight from bit casa. So every system is identical in that aspect. It would seem it would work if all that was happening was the settings2 file was loaded from a web server.

Edited to just clarify that every system is the same computer/os/drive letters
Honestly, this would be a non issue if the interface for PTV worked in the first place. I can't even create a channel without using PTV Manager, and that only works in windows. Sad
(2013-10-07, 04:42)boognish43 Wrote: I have my files on bitcasa and each system I have built for friends and family has the library coming straight from bit casa. So every system is identical in that aspect.
Fyi. Bitcasa is not Dropbox. If you add or update media you have to rr-share the folders with them for current files available.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2013-10-07, 03:10)dkplayaclub Wrote: I could care less about sharing content outside of my house. I just want to get the channels working on the 2 Ouyas I have on my local network. Are you saying I don't need MySQL working to do that?

I miss understood what you are trying to achieve. No you don't need Mysql, follow the info found in the FAQ about shared channels...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
OK. I was just misreading the directions. I now have channel sharing enabled and the Ouya imports all the channels so that it has the same lineup as my PC.
Nothing will play though. Read through the instructions and the FAQs and everything seems to be in order. All channels play fine on the PC but when I launch PseudoTV on the Ouya I just get a pop up telling me Item Failed to play every time, even though almost all channels are local content. Ideas?
(2013-10-08, 00:53)dkplayaclub Wrote: OK. I was just misreading the directions. I now have channel sharing enabled and the Ouya imports all the channels so that it has the same lineup as my PC.
Nothing will play though. Read through the instructions and the FAQs and everything seems to be in order. All channels play fine on the PC but when I launch PseudoTV on the Ouya I just get a pop up telling me Item Failed to play every time, even though almost all channels are local content. Ideas?

send me a link to your log after the error comes up, also send me the m3u for that channel (found in the cache folder).

(2013-10-07, 11:58)bry- Wrote:
(2013-10-07, 04:42)boognish43 Wrote: I have my files on bitcasa and each system I have built for friends and family has the library coming straight from bit casa. So every system is identical in that aspect.
Fyi. Bitcasa is not Dropbox. If you add or update media you have to rr-share the folders with them for current files available.

I'm not familiar with Bitcasa, but I can tell you dropbox works great!! Between linux, windows, etc... just make sure the paths are always the same... best way to do this is to install dropbox to a root direct for example d:\dropbox\xbmc\

Now every computer shares that folders location no need to setup a network share... I use this to share addons,xbmc images (PTV logos, PVR logos) and configuration files.
OK. Here is my log file : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=67150

I apologize, as it is the longest log I have ever seen.

Here is a paste of my m3u file : http://pastebin.com/6VcbP33z

Hope that helps.
(2013-10-08, 01:13)dkplayaclub Wrote: OK. Here is my log file : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=67150

I apologize, as it is the longest log I have ever seen.

Here is a paste of my m3u file : http://pastebin.com/6VcbP33z

Hope that helps.

I see one major problem that is clearly explained in my FAQ... Your using a local path... Android doesn't have a D:\ drive... So how would it find your media...
Didn't see that in the FAQs. No worries. It seems to work once I disable channel sharing on the Ouya. I won't get updates automatically, but at least it's working. Now to tweak my resolver settings and the like. The pauses between channels can be long, but I'm not complaining. Thanks for all your patience helping me with these issues.
Skinning question...

I'm rewriting my skin and have come across something I'm not sure is possible within the PTVL code. Basically I can hit the info button to display the info screen, or I can change the channel and display it...but what I'd like is if i punch in the channel number 44 for instance, for the info screen to pop up as soon as I type the first 4. Is this something that is possible to achieve by manipulating the Overlay.po?
(2013-10-08, 04:40)ARYEZ Wrote: Skinning question...

I'm rewriting my skin and have come across something I'm not sure is possible within the PTVL code. Basically I can hit the info button to display the info screen, or I can change the channel and display it...but what I'd like is if i punch in the channel number 44 for instance, for the info screen to pop up as soon as I type the first 4. Is this something that is possible to achieve by manipulating the Overlay.po?

from the EPG you want to hit "4" and have it display EPG for that channel?? This would require a rewrite more then just in the overlay.py... it's not a major rewrite, I can add it to my growing list... But I might not get to it for awhile since its cosmetic.
Yeah man I'm patterning it after how it works on direct tv...basically as soon as you begin punching the channel number in, the info screen displays and I always thought it was kind of cool. No rush on that though...I'd say put it on the wish list somewhere after type 15 music genre channels lol.
(2013-10-08, 23:12)ARYEZ Wrote: Yeah man I'm patterning it after how it works on direct tv...basically as soon as you begin punching the channel number in, the info screen displays and I always thought it was kind of cool. No rush on that though...I'd say put it on the wish list somewhere after type 15 music genre channels lol.

music genre is just about finished... but I want to add cloud server options so you could create stream music and music videos channels...
I also have to finish updating skinning features for music channels, which will include clearart and spinning cdart.
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45