• 12(current)
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents
(2013-10-09, 03:31)cones Wrote: Haven't test it yet but if you watch something does it mark it as watched in xbmc? Also i followed the update instructions in the readme, the line "php composer.phar install" complained about something so i changed the "install" to "update", this was all in linux.

No, it won't mark anything as watched.

Composer will "complain" that you're installing older versions of dependencies than what's available in the repository. This is by design, if you run "update" instead of "install" you will get the newest packages and from there you're on your own. It will also modify the composer.lock file so the next time you run an update you'll have to revert the file in order to get the latest changes.
Massive amounts of great work, this was something i've been wanting since forever, but since it wont runt Blurays/.mkv's, i just wonder if you have any plans to incoperate this in the future? Smile thank you!
(2013-10-09, 20:22)Diazz Wrote: Massive amounts of great work, this was something i've been wanting since forever, but since it wont runt Blurays/.mkv's, i just wonder if you have any plans to incoperate this in the future? Smile thank you!

Did you mean to say Blurays/.ISOs? MKV files work just fine.
Does this support tvshows yet?
(2013-10-09, 20:43)verysoftpaper Wrote: Does this support tvshows yet?

Yes, see the screenshots in the first post or on Github.
Thanks, does it read from the database or does xbmc need to be running all the time?
(2013-10-09, 20:26)negge Wrote:
(2013-10-09, 20:22)Diazz Wrote: Massive amounts of great work, this was something i've been wanting since forever, but since it wont runt Blurays/.mkv's, i just wonder if you have any plans to incoperate this in the future? Smile thank you!

Did you mean to say Blurays/.ISOs? MKV files work just fine.

Oh so sorry, i read some post about blurays and just assumed MKV's wouldnt work, now since that wasn't true, i got this running and i love it, thank you so much for this, obviously finland doesnt just produce great metal, they also make awesome software Wink

Edit: the only thing im missing would be subtitles, would there be a possibility to download the extra .srt's together with the m3u file or something like that? So i don't have to redownload them everytime? Thank you!
(2013-10-09, 14:21)negge Wrote:
(2013-10-09, 03:31)cones Wrote: Haven't test it yet but if you watch something does it mark it as watched in xbmc? Also i followed the update instructions in the readme, the line "php composer.phar install" complained about something so i changed the "install" to "update", this was all in linux.

No, it won't mark anything as watched.

Composer will "complain" that you're installing older versions of dependencies than what's available in the repository. This is by design, if you run "update" instead of "install" you will get the newest packages and from there you're on your own. It will also modify the composer.lock file so the next time you run an update you'll have to revert the file in order to get the latest changes.

"complain" may not have been the best word to use for that, i did run update so i guess i'll see what happens next time i have to update it. Also looking around now i see that it does not mark them. Thank you for all the work you've done on this.
(2013-10-09, 22:43)verysoftpaper Wrote: Thanks, does it read from the database or does xbmc need to be running all the time?

It uses the API so XBMC has to be running for the thing to work.

(2013-10-09, 23:15)Diazz Wrote: Edit: the only thing im missing would be subtitles, would there be a possibility to download the extra .srt's together with the m3u file or something like that? So i don't have to redownload them everytime? Thank you!

Unfortunately there's no way to get external subtitles through the API, you'll have to mux them into your files if you need them.

(2013-10-10, 04:39)cones Wrote: "complain" may not have been the best word to use for that, i did run update so i guess i'll see what happens next time i have to update it. Also looking around now i see that it does not mark them. Thank you for all the work you've done on this.

It usually won't hurt to run an update instead of install, but some of the dependencies pull directly from the master branch of their respective projects which may become unstable from time to time.
I'm having an issue i didn't until now. I'm running the server from a vm, my xbmc library is connected to xbmc through nfs. When i'm outside my lan and i try and stream/download i get an error and it's saying that it can't connect to the nfs share. When i'm in my lan i don't have this issue.
What have you entered as the backend hostname? It needs to be accessible from the internet if you want streaming outside your LAN to work.
The backend has to be accessible also? I just entered it's local ip address.
Yes the backend has to be accessible from the internet too unless you use the "proxy location" feature mentioned in the README on Github.
Ok, i will look into that then.
In the website under the "manage backends" i'm not exactly sure what the setting for "Proxy Location" is supposed to be. Also in the virtualhost configuration is the "ProxyPass" and "ProxyPassReverse" supposed to be the ip of the backend xbmc?

Edit: getting "Service Temporally Unavailable" error now when i try to watch something with my settings.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents9