• 19(current)
Linux Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
I'm using 64bit Ubuntu 13.04 though...
Code:
$ uname -a
Linux Media-PC 3.8.0-31-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Tue Sep 10 20:03:44 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
I don't know why it's trying to install the i386 packages, I did this howto after freshly upgrading my 12.04 install to 13.04.
The wsnipex/mesa repo doesn't fix it for me either.
I see XBMC is autostarted through xinit. Currently, I am using lightdm to autostart XBMC.

Is this just another variant of autostart? Or is this a way of auto start without the need to have X11 installed ?
No xbmc without X11 (on the systems you know) - we have wayland support though :-)

It just uses a minimal setup, therefore a little upstart script is much faster than e.g. lightdm.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2013-10-14, 15:26)Crypdos Wrote: I'm using 64bit Ubuntu 13.04 though...
Code:
$ uname -a
Linux Media-PC 3.8.0-31-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Tue Sep 10 20:03:44 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
I don't know why it's trying to install the i386 packages, I did this howto after freshly upgrading my 12.04 install to 13.04.
The wsnipex/mesa repo doesn't fix it for me either.

Yeah, also wrong kernel. Please follow the howto. The wsnipex mesa ppa was not meant to fix your very issue, it was to make the white screen go away - which is a problem after all your other steps were succesful.

Edit: Yeah, this howto assumes you start with a _minimal_ Ubuntu 13.04 iso.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Update: Green and white surfaces should be fixed now. I have updated the second post.

You can continue using oibaf ppa, when he next time rebuilds, it will also be fixed. But we thought parking a working version would be a good idea. So have fun with it again.
(2013-10-14, 15:44)fritsch Wrote: Update: Green and white surfaces should be fixed now. I have updated the second post.

You can continue using oibaf ppa, when he next time rebuilds, it will also be fixed. But we thought parking a working version would be a good idea. So have fun with it again.

Just updated and tested.
Not OK.
Still white screen.
dpkg -l |grep mesa | pastebinit
So... where can I find the mini iso? My googling didn't find anything definitive is this it http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/r...s/netboot/ Huh
you can find the mini iso's under the following url: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Instal.../MinimalCD
Okay... Thanks. Seems to point to the same file :-)
(2013-10-14, 15:44)fritsch Wrote: Update: Green and white surfaces should be fixed now. I have updated the second post.

Hi frisch,

i registered to this forum just to thank you and all the other guys for your effort! Keep up the good work!

Btw, wsnipex mesa PPA did the trick, white screen pest is gone.

Schöne grüsse! ;-)
Hi pet.klikera,

nice to hear that. If you find time, also provide your qvdpautest results. It is not so easy to compile, but you will get it working I am sure :-)

Thanks for the feedback.
(2013-10-14, 16:12)fritsch Wrote: dpkg -l |grep mesa | pastebinit

http://paste.ubuntu.com/6236358/
@fritsch:

hereinafter all the log files...
I 've still no sound....

dmesg | pastebinit
cat ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log | pastebinit
cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | pastebinit
DISPLAY=:0 vdpauinfo | pastebinit
dpkg -l |grep mesa | pastebinit

Code:
xbmc@Mediacenter:~$ DISPLAY=:0 glxinfo | grep -i interop
    GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil, GL_NV_texture_barrier, GL_NV_vdpau_interop,
    GL_NV_texture_env_combine4, GL_NV_texture_rectangle, GL_NV_vdpau_interop,
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
(2013-10-14, 17:27)Claudio.Sjo Wrote:
(2013-10-14, 16:12)fritsch Wrote: dpkg -l |grep mesa | pastebinit

http://paste.ubuntu.com/6236358/

Yeah - completely wrong packages. Add the wsnipex mesa ppa and upgrade to it or wait until oibaf has build new packages.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)26