• 53(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
wanted to know if its worth adding built in support for it...

(2013-10-15, 19:06)right21 Wrote:
(2013-10-15, 18:13)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-10-15, 17:54)right21 Wrote: Wait a minute, you want to tell me that if you open the TV schedule in ptv/l it shows the length of TV Shows without commercials? I mean instead of showing a 30 minutes for an episode of The simpsons for example, it shows the real length? (21 minutes+-)?

If your media is encoding/scraped properly in XBMC, PTV/PTVL will use that data... So if you have a 21 minute episode, it will fill a 21 minute time slot.

The EPG runs in 30/180 minute increments... so since 21 - 30 = -9 the EPG will not show a major difference between a show running at 30mins and a show running 21mins but there is a rendered difference...

If you don't see a difference then your media is not properly encoded/scraped since how would PTV know your show with commercials runs 30mins? yet you have a file with a runtime of 21min? it needs to read that data from somewhere, right!! either from the files encoded data or xbmc's scraped database or nfo file...

I'm sorry that I spammed, i thoght that mabye that might be a slight difference between PTV and PTVL.
And yeah the thing is that PTV reads the data from the xbmc's scarped database, which means that every show is calculated with its commercials (supernatural = 60m, the simpsons = 30). My media is scrapped with the the TVDB.com, so I can I solve it? (I looked for other tv shows scrapers and found none that work... if there was an imdb scraper my problem would be solved because there all the shows length data is without commercials Sad...)

- what is futubox?

I think your confused... and I lack the time to explain things to you. I'm pretty sure you're not using commercial runtimes.
Answer these two questions for me:

1) In XBMC select an episode click (more info or episode info) what runtime does it show?
2) Play the same episode what total time does it show in the seekbar?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
if futubox was free i would say go for it but if your gonna pay for somthing i think there are better options.
(2013-10-16, 00:35)scilz Wrote: if futubox was free i would say go for it but if your gonna pay for somthing i think there are better options.

like? By PTVL's final build, I want it to be a total cable box replacement... either through Cable card via hardware tuner or by IPTV...

I've been in contact with USTVnow to offer their premium channels and dvr features... are their any others?

Either legit sites with free streams or pay sites?
i sent u a pm did not want to post all that stuff here not sure if some are not alloud to be talked about here lol
can we get a settings2 for the ustvnow plugin for the free 5 channels? just to hold us over....
(2013-10-19, 17:33)nerdmastax Wrote: can we get a settings2 for the ustvnow plugin for the free 5 channels? just to hold us over....

I'm having problems with my dev rig... Auto tune won't work on it... No clue why... But it works on my HTPC. So not going to release autotune until I figure out the problem.

I can put together a few files that will build ustvnow for u. Up to u!

As for projects I'm also going to incorporate xbmclibarary into auto tuning... To create channels directly from plugins... For ez setup....
(2013-10-19, 20:03)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-10-19, 17:33)nerdmastax Wrote: can we get a settings2 for the ustvnow plugin for the free 5 channels? just to hold us over....

I'm having problems with my dev rig... Auto tune won't work on it... No clue why... But it works on my HTPC. So not going to release autotune until I figure out the problem.

As for projects I'm also going to incorporate xbmclibarary into auto tuning... To create channels directly from plugins... For ez setup....

i would appreciate it very much, you have been pumping alot of life into this project and its definitely showing.

hope your dev rig acts right for ya.
(2013-10-19, 20:38)nerdmastax Wrote:
(2013-10-19, 20:03)Lunatixz Wrote:

i would appreciate it very much, you have been pumping alot of life into this project and its definitely showing.

hope your dev rig acts right for ya.

Tonight I will post a file that will build ustvnow to hold u over. It will override your current channels so backup... And no support since this isn't a release.
This isn't a release or beta or testing release... this is just a bare bone preview Tongue

1. Download my ustvnow plugin found in first post.
2. Download this file https://www.dropbox.com/s/ii9y1s1rjkluo5...w-test.rar
3. Replace channellist.py with the one found in your addon folder
4. Settings2.xml includes sample for ustvnow... pay special attention to (<setting id="Channel_1_3" value="ustvnow" />) this is a new value that will allow PTVL to use multiple xmltv sources. In this case ustvnow.xml
5. place all other files in the same folder as your settings2.xml
6. run mc2xml, build your ustvnow.xml file... ustvnow.xml has to be in the same folder as your settings2.xml otherwise ptvl will not work...

This does not include any other new features or auto tuning... just allows ustvnow to run in PTVL

Official release will include this in autotuning and autobuild xmltv files...

No support for this patch... use and setup at your own accord! I know it works!!
I've been scanning Google and this thread for about an hour and just can't figure out how to put a youtube playlist as a channel on PseudoTV Live. Can somebody give me an example on what exactly I'd need to do to make say....this playlist a channel?

http://www.youtube.com/user/kexpradio/vi...=4&sort=dd

And if I wanted the whole Youtube channel as a PseudoTV channel?

http://www.youtube.com/user/kexpradio

EDIT: Sorry, nevermind, I got it.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but using the playlist option for a channel, is it supposed to display the raw file name in the EPG instead of the scrape info? Its killing me beacuse there is certain media that should be picked up by the Tv Network option but isn't included.
(2013-10-20, 05:06)Redkiller223 Wrote: Maybe I'm doing something wrong but using the playlist option for a channel, is it supposed to display the raw file name in the EPG instead of the scrape info? Its killing me beacuse there is certain media that should be picked up by the Tv Network option but isn't included.

Without details I can't say why. But this isn't normal behavior.
(2013-10-20, 00:04)Lunatixz Wrote: This isn't a release or beta or testing release... this is just a bare bone preview Tongue

1. Download my ustvnow plugin found in first post.
2. Download this file https://www.dropbox.com/s/ii9y1s1rjkluo5...w-test.rar
3. Replace channellist.py with the one found in your addon folder
4. Settings2.xml includes sample for ustvnow... pay special attention to (<setting id="Channel_1_3" value="ustvnow" />) this is a new value that will allow PTVL to use multiple xmltv sources. In this case ustvnow.xml
5. place all other files in the same folder as your settings2.xml
6. run mc2xml, build your ustvnow.xml file... ustvnow.xml has to be in the same folder as your settings2.xml otherwise ptvl will not work...

This does not include any other new features or auto tuning... just allows ustvnow to run in PTVL

Official release will include this in autotuning and autobuild xmltv files...

No support for this patch... use and setup at your own accord! I know it works!!

i instantly get "script failed: psuedotv.py" then you cant click on it till you restart xbmc. according to the log its line 39, something to do with sickbeard, i installed the sickbeard xbmc plugin and it still gave me an error. i followed your directions to a T. am i missing something required to run it?

log snippet
Code:
03:54:50 T:2152  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
03:58:18 T:192  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
03:58:18 T:192  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
03:58:18 T:192  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
03:58:18 T:3232  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
03:58:18 T:3232  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
03:58:18 T:2628  NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
03:58:18 T:3232  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
03:58:18 T:3232   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named sickbeard
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master/pseudotv.py", line 39, in <module>
                                                import resources.lib.Overlay as Overlay
                                              File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master\resources\lib\Overlay.py", line 32, in <module>
                                                from ChannelList import ChannelList
                                              File "C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master\resources\lib\ChannelList.py", line 40, in <module>
                                                from sickbeard import *
                                            ImportError: No module named sickbeard
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(2013-10-19, 20:03)Lunatixz Wrote: As for projects I'm also going to incorporate xbmclibarary into auto tuning... To create channels directly from plugins... For ez setup....

This sounds awesome. Is this so far just an idea or have you had any success?
Anybody have any suggestions on some Youtube channels/playlists that make for great PseudoTV channels? My list I've kind of been putting together:

Music:
- KEXP
- Pitchfork
- 80's music = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3j2NYZ8F...D64D74560A
- 70's music = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn6cxaKRw...6738880DED

Technology:
- IGN
- Giant Bomb
- Machinima
- Lifehacker
- YouTube Spotlight

Education/Whatever: