• 14(current)
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents
ffmpeg has so many versions, and many distros don't compile all the options in because of patent issues. Also the developers change the command line parameters at the drop of a hat, so providing a one size fits all solution can be harder than you think.

Something that is fairly well defined and appearing in a lot of open source work (including mythtv) is the ability to create HLS streams, which is a pretty universal way to deliver video over a network. The streams, if set up properly, will adapt to network conditions. SO if you have a fast connection you will get a higher bitrate than over a modem Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-10-23, 23:29)Ashran Wrote: I have progress. I put the same port (800) I chose for xbmc webserver and I have a list of movies now (and tv shows). I can access the profile of the movie or the serie and download the .m3u but when I try to read it on vlc I got the following message (in french, sorry):

Votre média d'entrée ne peut être ouvert:
VLC ne peut pas ouvrir « http://ashran.dragonpress.net/xbmc-rever....Tvrip.avi ». Vérifiez les messages pour plus de détails.

I must have done something wrong, but what....

Google Translate Wrote:Your media input can not be opened: VLC can not open "http://ashran.dragonpress.net/xbmc-rever....Tvrip.avi." Check the messages for more details.

Not sure what that would be exactly but seems to not be able to find the video file that the .m3u is pointing towards?

Edit: Are you trying this all from your LAN first?
(2013-10-23, 23:29)Ashran Wrote: I have progress. I put the same port (800) I chose for xbmc webserver and I have a list of movies now (and tv shows). I can access the profile of the movie or the serie and download the .m3u but when I try to read it on vlc I got the following message (in french, sorry):

Votre média d'entrée ne peut être ouvert:
VLC ne peut pas ouvrir « http://ashran.dragonpress.net/xbmc-rever....Tvrip.avi ». Vérifiez les messages pour plus de détails.

I must have done something wrong, but what....

Remove the "proxy location" from the settings and see if it works then. Most likely you set up the proxy incorrectly. I'm gonna put up some more detialed and explained instructions in the README, at the time it was written (perhaps incorrectly) assumed that it would be a fairly unused feature.

@Livin: I've been looking into transcoding but haven't started any work on it yet. Most if not all wrappers in existence don't work for this particular application. One pitfall is some wrappers insist on the input being a local file, which fails in this case since the file is not local. Another fairly common dealbreaker is that most wrappers simply start transcoding to a file on your harddrive, which won't work here. The only way I see it is to make ffmpeg transcode to stdout and serve that output raw over HTTP. At the moment the most complicated part is getting the ffmpeg command line parameters right and to come up with some profiles that fit most usecases.

Also forgot to say thanks to cones for helping others out!
You were very helpful with helping me figure out the proxy settings, figured if i could help at all i should. Also have you tried running this under ubuntu 13.10 yet, i did briefly but i reverted back because of issues it was causing, one of them being this did not work?
No I haven't tried it yet, guess I should. Though I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Care to elaborate?
I could set up another VM and try it on there, i was getting a 500 error (something to do with a time server i think?) and it didn't want to load the content so i couldn't play videos. Sorry i don't remember all the details from it.
(2013-10-25, 00:38)cones Wrote: Sorry i don't remember all the details from it.
Well that's about the poorest error reporting I ever did see!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-10-25, 01:03)nickr Wrote:
(2013-10-25, 00:38)cones Wrote: Sorry i don't remember all the details from it.
Well that's about the poorest error reporting I ever did see!

Where's my compensation for the error reporting Tongue
What?
@cones: if you do decide to try it out, you can post the details of eventual errors in the issue I created on Github. I'll do some testing later myself as soon as I can find some time.
Added some things to the issues, was using a fresh install of ubuntu 13.10 server.
just tried and everything worked fine

is it possible to customize the layout. I don´t know much about the framework used. I want to change it so when i click the actor I get its IMDB page.

also, I get "Streaming of video files is not possible from XBMC 12 "Frodo" backends" but I have Frod and can stream videos with no problem
Yeah the streaming warning is just there to remind people that streaming "sometimes" doesn't work with Frodo. I haven't really managed to pinpoint which files and circumstances makes streaming fail, I just know that I (and some others) had problems with it.

Regarding the actor links, you'll have to modify the correct view file (src/protected/view) and make it link to the IMDB page. I'll probably include this functionality by default sooner or later too.
(2013-10-27, 23:05)negge Wrote: Yeah the streaming warning is just there to remind people that streaming "sometimes" doesn't work with Frodo. I haven't really managed to pinpoint which files and circumstances makes streaming fail, I just know that I (and some others) had problems with it.

Regarding the actor links, you'll have to modify the correct view file (src/protected/view) and make it link to the IMDB page. I'll probably include this functionality by default sooner or later too.

Until now I get always success when streaming. Also edited src/protected/views/videoLibrary/_gridItem.php to

Code:
<a class="thumbnail" href="<?php
        if($itemUrl == "#")
            if(sizeof(explode("as", $label)) > 0)
                echo "http://www.imdb.com/find?q=".str_replace(" ", "+",explode("as", $label)[0])."&s=all";
            else
                echo "http://www.imdb.com/find?q=".str_replace(" ", "+",$label)."&s=all";
        else
            echo $itemUrl; ?>">

This way when you click on an actor you get the IMDB search results for his name. Tomorrow I will play with it a bit to point to actors page instead of the imdb result page and I will PM the source code to do that.

Also, mobile layout has no movie covers/posters.

Another cool feature would be download both movie and subtitle
When setting up reverse Proxy I get

Code:
root@sigurd-tv:~$ service apache2 restart
Syntax error on line 86 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default:
Invalid command 'RequestHeader', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
Action 'configtest' failed.
The Apache error log may have more information.
   ...fail!

Without this line the Reverse Proxy forwards the web page, but jsonrpc commands are a no go Sad In effect the webinterface renders, but no buttons work, and an "Connection Error" is presented on the screen as well.

A note, I have not actually upgraded to XBMC 13 yet, though I wanted to have this PHP program ready for when I do, and as an added bonus I hoped to use your instructions to actually get reverse proxy for the XBMC web interface working. Reverse proxy for other stuff is working great, I have reverse proxy for HTPC Manager (from HTPC.io), CouchPotato, SabNZBd+, Sick Beard and Webmin working great.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents9