• 240(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
I can't seem to login to youtube anymore, it just says "login failed". I'm running OpenELEC 3.2.3 and youtube plugin 4.4.6.
I don't have Google+ so my account is not linked. And the modified .py that put a tmpURL in there didn't work either.'

EDIT: I got it to work now, without any modified files.
What I did was :
1) Go to account settings on your youtube page, then click to link it to google+(which appears to create a profile, if you don't have one).
2) Go to advanced account settings(youtube.com/account_advanced), and click "change or add password"(it redirects to google accounts, for your new [email protected], and sets a password for it).
3) Change the login name in xbmc youtube settings to the name you see under advanced settings on youtube.com/account_advanced(like [email protected]), and then input the new password you set above.
4) Voila! You should now be able to login, and all your existing subscriptions should be there.

(Obviously change user-name-1234 above to whatever your username becomes).
No prob, pumo. Thanks for replying!
It also work for me to solve youtube plugin problem, thank you.
(2013-10-04, 21:12)sdiama Wrote: Worked for me and fixed the login problem:

Replace line 400 of YouTubeCore.py from:
request = urllib2.Request(link, urllib.urlencode(get("url_data")))

to:
tmpURLdata = get("url_data")
tmpURLdata['signIn'] = 'wtf'
request = urllib2.Request(link, urllib.urlencode(tmpURLdata))
Is 720p the maximum resolution this plugin can handle? I have set the max video quality to 1080p but it still does not play in 1080p.
(2013-10-20, 04:58)tonic22 Wrote: Is 720p the maximum resolution this plugin can handle?
It's the maximum resolution that every video grabber service and plugin on the internet is able to give us for now since the website update.
I tried what Taliz wrote, i tried replace youtube.py with that one in line 163, but nothing works for me.
Is there any way how to find solution? which software i need to edit youtube.py file? i will try replace lines manually.

is there anyone who is trying to completely repair this plugin?
(2013-10-04, 21:12)sdiama Wrote: Worked for me and fixed the login problem:

Replace line 400 of YouTubeCore.py from:
request = urllib2.Request(link, urllib.urlencode(get("url_data")))

to:
tmpURLdata = get("url_data")
tmpURLdata['signIn'] = 'wtf'
request = urllib2.Request(link, urllib.urlencode(tmpURLdata))

One more "me too" ! Begs to be asked why this hasn't been officially released yet ? =)
rasjani's addon repo - home of reddit_tv, sciflix, moontv and few other addons.
I am using the xbmc youtube addon with XBMC 11.0 – Eden for 3 years , and since fews month ago, the youtube addon stop working , cannot login, anyone know why ? how do I fix it ?
I found a solution for my inability to login to Youtube through the plugin (and boy, was it a pain!). This is for people who have already attached their Youtube account to a Google+ ACCOUNT (as opposed to a Google+ page). Basically, we will be detaching your YT account from your G+ account, and then we will reattach said YT account to a G+ page. Thanks to taliz's post, which helped me deduce what was necessary for this fix.

If you are sure that your YT is not associated with a G+ account, my solution probably won't help you (unless maybe if you choose to create a G+ account, then create a page to associate with your YT account). If you are sure that your YT account is already associated with a G+ PAGE, just skip to step #8 and this should work for you.

This solution will not require deleting your G+ account or any pages already associated with it. Warning: after 14 days, your YT account will be permanently associated with said page (or so the warning dialog claims after doing this).

1) Login to Youtube on a web browser.
2) Click your account in the top right area, then select "Youtube settings" under the YouTube column.
3) In overview, select Advanced (or go to youtube.com/account_advanced)
4) Here, there should be an option to disconnect your channel from your Google+ account, click that and click okay/accept on the next page.
5) Go back to youtube.com/account_advanced as described before.
6) Click the button that says "Connect with a Google+ Page"
7) Choose an existing page or create a new page (DO NOT associate it with your ACCOUNT; and remember, this may be permanent, so choose a page name with which you will be happy)
*At this point, you should be given a login name with a format like <page-name><unique#>@pages.plusgoogle.com ; if not, you should receive it in an email. You will need this to login to Youtube XBMC plugin.
**From here, you have to add a password to your new page-associated version of your channel. I did the following:
8) Go to Google+ (plus.google.com)
9) In the dashboard (hover over Home), select "Pages" and choose "Manage this Page" for the page that you associated with your YT account.
10) Choose "Settings" in the bar at the top of the webpage
11) Scroll down and in the "Third Party Tools" category, click "Set up a password"
12) Create a password
13) Finally, use your <page-name><unique#>@pages.plusgoogle.com and newly created password as your login credentials in the YouTube XBMC plugin (replacing "<page-name><unique#>" with your unique login)

I hope this helps those who have yet to find a solution.
I'm using openelec 3.2.3 with the latest youtube add-on downloaded through the raspberry pi. When I try to play certain youtube videos from "Search", not all videos play. What do I need to do to fix this? Youtube is what I use to watch a lot of music videos, thanks!

Update: I am logged into youtube through the plugin, so that is not an issue.
Hello!

I am running Windows 8 64 bit and today I installed XBMC for the first time. A completely fresh installed. The first thing I did was install the YouTube add-on, but whenever I enter my ID/pw and try to log in, it gives me this error: Script failed plugin.video.youtube. No login error, the script simply refuses to run it seems.

The debug log can be found here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=73729&mode=raw

Does anyone know what the issue could be?
(2013-10-22, 05:35)quaternio Wrote: I found a solution for my inability to login to Youtube through the plugin (and boy, was it a pain!). This is for people who have already attached their Youtube account to a Google+ ACCOUNT (as opposed to a Google+ page). Basically, we will be detaching your YT account from your G+ account, and then we will reattach said YT account to a G+ page. Thanks to taliz's post, which helped me deduce what was necessary for this fix.

If you are sure that your YT is not associated with a G+ account, my solution probably won't help you (unless maybe if you choose to create a G+ account, then create a page to associate with your YT account). If you are sure that your YT account is already associated with a G+ PAGE, just skip to step #8 and this should work for you.

This solution will not require deleting your G+ account or any pages already associated with it. Warning: after 14 days, your YT account will be permanently associated with said page (or so the warning dialog claims after doing this).

1) Login to Youtube on a web browser.
2) Click your account in the top right area, then select "Youtube settings" under the YouTube column.
3) In overview, select Advanced (or go to youtube.com/account_advanced)
4) Here, there should be an option to disconnect your channel from your Google+ account, click that and click okay/accept on the next page.
5) Go back to youtube.com/account_advanced as described before.
6) Click the button that says "Connect with a Google+ Page"
7) Choose an existing page or create a new page (DO NOT associate it with your ACCOUNT; and remember, this may be permanent, so choose a page name with which you will be happy)
*At this point, you should be given a login name with a format like <page-name><unique#>@pages.plusgoogle.com ; if not, you should receive it in an email. You will need this to login to Youtube XBMC plugin.
**From here, you have to add a password to your new page-associated version of your channel. I did the following:
8) Go to Google+ (plus.google.com)
9) In the dashboard (hover over Home), select "Pages" and choose "Manage this Page" for the page that you associated with your YT account.
10) Choose "Settings" in the bar at the top of the webpage
11) Scroll down and in the "Third Party Tools" category, click "Set up a password"
12) Create a password
13) Finally, use your <page-name><unique#>@pages.plusgoogle.com and newly created password as your login credentials in the YouTube XBMC plugin (replacing "<page-name><unique#>" with your unique login)

I hope this helps those who have yet to find a solution.

i did exactly as you suggested, but i already had second account created, because i followed taliz's post. this did not help me, even when i tried to use name and password [email protected].
So i followed quaternios post and in this account created new password for third party tools.
This still did not work for me.
So went to youtube advanced settings (http://www.youtube.com/account_advanced) of my original accout and there i choosed the new second account as the one which will be used to Login to legacy applications.
After this step, my youtube plugin work in xbmc!!

thank you taliz, thank you quaternios, with your help i finally found solution for me, and hopefully for others.
The download function doesn't seem to work anymore. Anyone else with that problem?
(2013-10-25, 17:44)reynard80 Wrote: The download function doesn't seem to work anymore. Anyone else with that problem?

Works for me (just tried it now). Your debug log (wiki) may reveal why it's not working for you.
I guess this is the problem, seems a 403 error.
Could it be related to the fact that I'm trying to download a VEVO video?
Code:
17:29:16 T:139969416046400   ERROR: ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simple.downloader
17:29:16 T:139968199452416   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-1:
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "./Lib/threading.py", line 551, in __bootstrap_inner
                                              File "./Lib/threading.py", line 504, in run
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simple.downloader/lib/SimpleDownloader.py", line 127, in _startDownload
                                                self._processQueue()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simple.downloader/lib/SimpleDownloader.py", line 170, in _processQueue
                                                status = self._downloadURL(filename, item)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simple.downloader/lib/SimpleDownloader.py", line 548, in _downloadURL
                                                con = urllib2.urlopen(url)
                                              File "./Lib/urllib2.py", line 126, in urlopen
                                              File "./Lib/urllib2.py", line 406, in open
                                              File "./Lib/urllib2.py", line 519, in http_response
                                              File "./Lib/urllib2.py", line 444, in error
                                              File "./Lib/urllib2.py", line 378, in _call_chain
                                              File "./Lib/urllib2.py", line 527, in http_error_default
                                            HTTPError: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
  • 240(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28