• 81(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
I'm having the same issue with the Gotham alpha build on the Pi. The wizard gets stuck at the network step. I tried to access it via SSH to make the change described by MrNice, but Putty just says "connection refused." I've never had trouble getting into Openelec on the Pi before. Any ideas why it would do this?

Or is there some other way I can access the file system, besides SSH?

FYI, I have the XBMC remote app on my iPhone and it connects just fine.

(2013-10-28, 15:27)MrNice Wrote: Thanks Hudo, I had to add just
<openelec>
<wizard_completed>True</wizard_completed>
</openelec>
in the file. In fact the network is already working.
I did the change directly in the SD card with a card reader
Edit: In /Storage directory
(2013-10-28, 17:21)teeces Wrote: Or is there some other way I can access the file system, besides SSH?
With a computer (or virtual machine) that can read/write to a device formatted as ext4. I think only linux does this natively, but there may be software that will enable ext4 in another OS. You can also just rebuild your SD card, which ever way you built it in the first place. You will lose your settings (but sometimes a clean start takes care of other nagging issues that you have been unable to resolve)
@popcornmix

1- I removed the animated visualisation but music is still jerki.
Do you have known working free audio files to test again?

2- You wrote you are more interrested to have bug report on newclock3 builds. I am looking for this build in the link you provided me but I can't find it. Could you provide a direct link to this build?

3- Do you have CECAnyway in your build or TODO list for futur build?
I've updated frodo_rbp_backports
It's rebased on frodo 12.3
It includes all useful pi fixes from gotham
It includes new multichannel pcm audio
It includes the "speed" patches

Frodo with speed patch is still slower than Gotham with speed patch. There are obviously other fixes from Gotham that are useful. Possibly:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2890

rbej - a new frodo build may be worthwhile. I've only done basic testing so let me know if there are problems.

You need latest firmware from "next" tree for multichannel audio to work
(2013-10-28, 12:15)MrNice Wrote: @popcornmix,
I tried to install 4 times your build OpenELEC_Gotham-RPi.arm-devel-20131025192011-r16293 on my RPi V2 without success.
Sticks at the network setup (working spinning...) and can't bypass nor go further.
Just previousely rbej build installed and worked fine.

I think this is a bug in the recent builds, you may want to follow this issue.

(2013-10-28, 12:15)MrNice Wrote: Last question; I am a newbie with the unofficial builds, with few words what are the differences in features between your, rbej and official build?

Since you seem to be referring to the build I uploaded, the differences are documented in the original post.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-10-28, 20:08)popcornmix Wrote: I've updated frodo_rbp_backports
It's rebased on frodo 12.3
It includes all useful pi fixes from gotham
It includes new multichannel pcm audio
It includes the "speed" patches

Frodo with speed patch is still slower than Gotham with speed patch. There are obviously other fixes from Gotham that are useful. Possibly:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2890

rbej - a new frodo build may be worthwhile. I've only done basic testing so let me know if there are problems.

You need latest firmware from "next" tree for multichannel audio to work

Last Frodo backport version not working with Confluence skin. I have only black screen. With other skins working perfect.

http://pastebin.com/U2cuFZ0q

(2013-10-29, 08:58)rbej Wrote: Last Frodo backport version not working with Confluence skin. I have only black screen. With other skins working perfect.

http://pastebin.com/U2cuFZ0q

Hmmm, my testing was with Confluence.
Does it help if you remove .xbmc folder and start from clean?
Clean install and no change. Black screen on Confluence skin. Other skin - no problems.

Thanks, I was able to modify the file using a Linux PC with no problem. I'm now able to boot the Gotham alpha on the R-Pi, but so far I can't get any blu-ray rips to play audio+video; I get audio only. DVD rips play fine (video and audio). I double-checked my MPG and WVC keys in the config.txt. Any idea why blu's won't play back on the alpha?

FYI the above is true for both "raw" blu rips, and also ones that I re-encoded with Handbrake.

(2013-10-28, 17:31)allan87 Wrote:
(2013-10-28, 17:21)teeces Wrote: Or is there some other way I can access the file system, besides SSH?
With a computer (or virtual machine) that can read/write to a device formatted as ext4. I think only linux does this natively, but there may be software that will enable ext4 in another OS. You can also just rebuild your SD card, which ever way you built it in the first place. You will lose your settings (but sometimes a clean start takes care of other nagging issues that you have been unable to resolve)
(2013-10-29, 08:58)rbej Wrote: Last Frodo backport version not working with Confluence skin. I have only black screen. With other skins working perfect.
Code:
06:24:46 T:2965369952   ERROR: CreateContext: Could not find a compatible configuration

Hmm, that will cause problems.
You could back out the texture pipeline commit which will avoid that errror.
I'll think about what could cause that.
(2013-10-29, 14:17)teeces Wrote: Thanks, I was able to modify the file using a Linux PC with no problem. I'm now able to boot the Gotham alpha on the R-Pi, but so far I can't get any blu-ray rips to play audio+video; I get audio only. DVD rips play fine (video and audio). I double-checked my MPG and WVC keys in the config.txt. Any idea why blu's won't play back on the alpha?

FYI the above is true for both "raw" blu rips, and also ones that I re-encoded with Handbrake.

Can you post mediainfo (http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo) for files that don't play.
(2013-10-29, 14:48)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-10-29, 14:17)teeces Wrote: Thanks, I was able to modify the file using a Linux PC with no problem. I'm now able to boot the Gotham alpha on the R-Pi, but so far I can't get any blu-ray rips to play audio+video; I get audio only. DVD rips play fine (video and audio). I double-checked my MPG and WVC keys in the config.txt. Any idea why blu's won't play back on the alpha?

Can you post mediainfo (http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo) for files that don't play.

This one plays audio only on the Gotham alpha. I have the latest release (Frodo) build of OpenElec on another SD card, and it plays fine on that (audio and video). Thanks for your help.

General
Unique ID :
Complete name : Z:\Shared Videos\movies\TheFileName.mkv
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 2
File size : 5.12 GiB
Duration : 22mn 4s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 33.2 Mbps
Movie name : Movie Name Changed
Encoded date : UTC 2012-10-08 23:28:31
Writing application : MakeMKV v1.7.7 win(x64-release)
Writing library : libmakemkv v1.7.7 (1.2.0/1.1.0) win(x64-release)

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 31.1 Mbps
Maximum bit rate : 33.3 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.625
Stream size : 4.79 GiB (93%)
Language : English
Default : No
Forced : No

Audio
ID : 2
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Mode : 16
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Codec ID : A_DTS
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1 509 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 24 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 238 MiB (5%)
Title : 3/2+1
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No

Menu
00:00:00.000 : en:Chapter 00
00:05:24.515 : en:Chapter 01
00:09:13.785 : en:Chapter 02
00:10:35.158 : en:Chapter 03
00:15:44.968 : en:Chapter 04
00:18:25.545 : en:Chapter 05
(2013-10-29, 17:24)teeces Wrote: This one plays audio only on the Gotham alpha. I have the latest release (Frodo) build of OpenElec on another SD card, and it plays fine on that (audio and video). Thanks for your help.

The mediainfo looks fine (h.264, so codec licences are not an issue).
Enable debugging and post (to http://xbmclogs.com/) xbmc.log may provide some information.
Other option is to upload a sample (cut down to 200MB with mmg from http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/) to dropbox or similar and give me a link.
Im running latest Gotham Bulild from october 2nd on my Pi, and the time is showing wrong. I have set Region and Timezone, but country is greyed out and i cant set the clock to Swedish time.

Can anyone instruct me how to fix this?
  • 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223