• 86(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2013-11-02, 21:52)hydras Wrote: I've heard that I can encode the audio on the rpi but it's only does it as 2.0 sound, which is kinda lame. Can I do it as 5.1?

Latest Gotham builds do support multichannel PCM, but it's a new feature and may be a little experimental.
Only the Gotham? The Frodo doesn't?
(2013-11-02, 21:52)hydras Wrote: Hey, I've got unsynced audio on AC3 passthrough when I pause or jump-in-time through videos. It's killing me, I've got to restart the entire video each time. All the tv-shows are AC3 encoded and it's a disaster.
I'm using the newest build from yesterday.

I am seeing the same problem, pausing or seeking video causes audio to go out of sync with AC3 passtrough. No idea if it also happens with PCM or DTS, since I don;t have any videos with this format.
It also occurs with OE 3.2.3.
Ok strange Left a internet stream playing shut off the my LG tv came back after a couple of hours got sound from stream still playing but screen was black.Even when I stop the stream the screen was still black .Running latest Version OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Frodo-Branch(01.11.2013)
(2013-11-01, 16:19)doveman2 Wrote: I just upgraded to the latest dev build from http://openelec.thestateofme.com/ and was able to update xTV-SAF skin without any errors about dependencies. It was still using the same /storage on my USB, so I think that shows that there's something strange in the rbej build that was causing this error.

Since doing this I've been having strange problems with the remote, like on the EPG it doesn't respond when I press the key but quite a bit later and sometimes the light on the remote receiver stays stuck on for 5s and it only processes the remote presses after that. It's not just in the EPG either.

So either something about the skin update has caused this or upgrading to the dev build and then back to the rbej build has. I'm going to try the latest Frodo build and see if that fixes it.
@rbej - Any chance you could confirm which is the latest of your Gotham builds (if any) that include this patch? - https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...85b3f0612f
Yes. Include.

Hello,

i use the "OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Frodo-Branch(01.11.2013)" Image on a raspberry pi and I am very happy with. The speed is fantastic!

My problem:
I created many media stub files with this instruction: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=media_stubs

But when I select a movie, I got ony the message: "There is no optical drive available" on raspberry pi. I know there is no drive and this information is not important for me. Could anybody make an option like "discstub_check_drive" and if its false then show the personal discstub-message and an OK-button, or if its true show the message like before. Thanks!

PS: If I enable auto-update on "OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Frodo-Branch" will it update when a new Rbej-Version is available or when a new Frodo-Version is ready?
(2013-11-04, 00:29)rbej Wrote: Yes. Include.

Hello!

Any updates on Gotham in the vicinity? I see its been over 33 days since last update on october 02..
Then again, its working really well =)
For this moment OpenElec (OpenElec 3.2 branch) is not compatible with latest Gotham build.

(2013-11-04, 16:35)rbej Wrote: For this moment OpenElec (OpenElec 3.2 branch) is not compatible with latest Gotham build.
I understand that Chris Swan's recent dev builds are current Gotham builds. I have not tried one yet, but I am guessing they would be openelec 4.
Chris use Master branch. I use OpenElec 3.2 branch.

(2013-11-04, 19:31)rbej Wrote: Chris use Master branch. I use OpenElec 3.2 branch.
Why? Do you figure that a build based on 3.2 would be more stable?
Oficial OpenElec build is based on OpenElec 3.2 branch. Is more stable.

Edit: Obsolete build.

One nice new feature recently added to OpenELEC (and present in this build) is that you can now upgrade OpenELEC just by dropping the tar file into the Upgrade folder (and rebooting). No need to extract SYSTEM, KERNEL and MD5 files (although this method is still supported). Of course you'll need to perform the extract of those four files one last time to get on to this new version.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223