• 72(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2013-11-06, 22:01)Lunatixz Wrote: Next Push will include:

Option to autotune from custom smartplaylists.
When enabled it will build from *.xsp files found in either xbmc's video / mixed / music; playlist folders...
Files have to be named "Channel_###.xsp"
### = Channel number

Also added some InternetTV autotuning options...
InternetTV Strms, will build a single channel that features InternetTV Show streams.
TV-Guide "addons.ini" and Livestream "ThestreamDB.xml" Coming soon!!

Sounds awesome - I look forward to giving it a whirl
(2013-11-04, 21:50)Grbspltt Wrote:
(2013-11-03, 21:50)genbap Wrote: This is the most awesome plugin I have seen. I now have my HDHomerun, Enigma2 PVR (FTA Satellite), Youtube, RSS feeds, plus my own channels from local data and Hulu operating all together in one interface. I have looked forward to this day for months (actually a couple of years). Thanks to all involved.

I am still using the stable version for a couple of reasons. I am unable to get EPG to work no matter what I do with xmltv (have tried mc2xml with microsoft and schedules direct and zap2xml). The moment I enter xmltv data for a channel 8 type I always get a black screen no matter which version I use (stable or master). With the current master I was unable to access the advanced menu (mentioned by another poster in post #1015 and apparently fixed) but I could also not get remote clicks to work at all in the configuration window of the master. In fact I can not get the remote to open PTV when I put PTV Live on the main screen of Confluence (it will open from Programs->Pseudo TV Live only, reported in #1005). So for now I am sticking with the stable build.

Still have to say this software and TV Guide are the two programs that finally have me using XBMC exclusively. Fantastic! Look forward to further developments.

I was having the exact same issue as you. I switched to XMLTV GUI: www.birtles.org.uk/xmltv/ using my schedules direct account and I got it working no problem. I have windows task scheduler grab 1 day's worth of programming every day at 5am. Just one day's worth of data for 6 channels takes some time for PTVL to parse (at least for me) so I limit it to 1 day. This is the command I use: xmltvconsole.exe /Grab /D1

Good luck!

Thanks so much. Tried it but same blank screen when trying to load live TV channel. Been through many xmltv grabbers now but always the same result. My debug file is: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=81062. I appreciate the help though.

When enabled it will build from *.xsp files found in either xbmc's video / mixed / music; playlist folders...
### = Channel number

InternetTV Strms, will build a single channel that features InternetTV Show streams.

Music playlists working too?
(2013-11-07, 00:36)genbap Wrote:
(2013-11-04, 21:50)Grbspltt Wrote:
(2013-11-03, 21:50)genbap Wrote: This is the most awesome plugin I have seen. I now have my HDHomerun, Enigma2 PVR (FTA Satellite), Youtube, RSS feeds, plus my own channels from local data and Hulu operating all together in one interface. I have looked forward to this day for months (actually a couple of years). Thanks to all involved.

I am still using the stable version for a couple of reasons. I am unable to get EPG to work no matter what I do with xmltv (have tried mc2xml with microsoft and schedules direct and zap2xml). The moment I enter xmltv data for a channel 8 type I always get a black screen no matter which version I use (stable or master). With the current master I was unable to access the advanced menu (mentioned by another poster in post #1015 and apparently fixed) but I could also not get remote clicks to work at all in the configuration window of the master. In fact I can not get the remote to open PTV when I put PTV Live on the main screen of Confluence (it will open from Programs->Pseudo TV Live only, reported in #1005). So for now I am sticking with the stable build.

Still have to say this software and TV Guide are the two programs that finally have me using XBMC exclusively. Fantastic! Look forward to further developments.

I was having the exact same issue as you. I switched to XMLTV GUI: www.birtles.org.uk/xmltv/ using my schedules direct account and I got it working no problem. I have windows task scheduler grab 1 day's worth of programming every day at 5am. Just one day's worth of data for 6 channels takes some time for PTVL to parse (at least for me) so I limit it to 1 day. This is the command I use: xmltvconsole.exe /Grab /D1

Good luck!

Thanks so much. Tried it but same blank screen when trying to load live TV channel. Been through many xmltv grabbers now but always the same result. My debug file is: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=81062. I appreciate the help though.

r u running the latest master?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-11-07, 00:51)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-11-07, 00:36)genbap Wrote:
(2013-11-04, 21:50)Grbspltt Wrote: I was having the exact same issue as you. I switched to XMLTV GUI: www.birtles.org.uk/xmltv/ using my schedules direct account and I got it working no problem. I have windows task scheduler grab 1 day's worth of programming every day at 5am. Just one day's worth of data for 6 channels takes some time for PTVL to parse (at least for me) so I limit it to 1 day. This is the command I use: xmltvconsole.exe /Grab /D1

Good luck!

I am running latest now and finally have xmltv running thanks to help here. Still cannot enter advanced settings in channel configuration with remote or keyboard but will continue to work on it.
(2013-11-07, 05:06)genbap Wrote:
(2013-11-07, 00:51)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-11-07, 00:36)genbap Wrote: Thanks so much. Tried it but same blank screen when trying to load live TV channel. Been through many xmltv grabbers now but always the same result. My debug file is: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=81062. I appreciate the help though.

I am running latest now and finally have xmltv running thanks to help here. Still cannot enter advanced settings in channel configuration but will continue to work on it.

Glad to hear, advanced config should work...
Luna,
Your are doing fantastic job, cheers for that! (please guide me where i can donate)
I'm still configuring and playing with its settings etc, and its look great.

couple ideas:
1) While playing local bumpers, buffer the next channel / episode (stream) in the background so when the bumper is done the channel is ready and start immediately.
2) Update PTVL channels in the background without starting it, like a cron job. (so when you open PTVL everything start immediatly). i know you added "background updating" but still its only when pseudo is running.

Thanks!
(2013-11-05, 17:17)ARYEZ Wrote: In case anyone missed it, I uploaded an updated version of my new skin last night to include a template .PSD file for anyone interested.

Also I need everyone on here to do me a favor...

Can everyone that's active on this thread take a couple of minutes and try to auto tune some music channels? Luna needs as many logs as possible to figure out what the issue is, and right now we just don't have enough data.

Remember to enable debugging before you do, and then please upload a log here so we can get to the bottom of why this feature is still buggy.

The new skin looks awesome, I will hopefully be able to try the music auto tune this morning, another feature I've been looking forward to. Installed a new SSD and forgot to backup userdataSad been feverishly getting basic setup back for wife and kids. Add-on looks amazing very excited to get this back up and running. Will post music result soon after.
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=81244 log for music genres .I can create only 1 channel instead of 10 music genres.
lunatixz ,saw the new skin but not the choice to info last longer
(2013-11-07, 09:25)oferprtz Wrote: Luna,
Your are doing fantastic job, cheers for that! (please guide me where i can donate)
I'm still configuring and playing with its settings etc, and its look great.

couple ideas:
1) While playing local bumpers, buffer the next channel / episode (stream) in the background so when the bumper is done the channel is ready and start immediately.
2) Update PTVL channels in the background without starting it, like a cron job. (so when you open PTVL everything start immediatly). i know you added "background updating" but still its only when pseudo is running.

Thanks!

Hi, thanks...
There is a "Buy me a shot" link at the bottom of post 1... It takes you to PayPal.

As for your suggestions.

1. Buffering the next queued item is beyond the scope of XBMC, not possible currently.

2. I do plan on adding a self updating process. PTV was designed that turning it off and on is a vital part of its operation. I would like to change that so it can run as a 24/7 platform.

(2013-11-07, 11:51)tromy Wrote: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=81244 log for music genres .I can create only 1 channel instead of 10 music genres.

Didn't push updates yet... I wanted to add more autotune features. Will push later.

Update:: Git master updated...
@ARYEZ i would love that skin even more if 8 channels would fit vertically instead of 6.... but that looks appetizing.
(2013-11-07, 11:51)tromy Wrote: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=81244 log for music genres .I can create only 1 channel instead of 10 music genres.

It created 1 out of 10? which genre name?

(2013-11-07, 00:49)ARYEZ Wrote:

### = Channel number

Music playlists working too?

Sorry, no... I have no clue atm what the problem is... Need to dedicate some time to track it down...
(2013-11-07, 16:23)nerdmastax Wrote: @ARYEZ i would love that skin even more if 8 channels would fit vertically instead of 6.... but that looks appetizing.

I actually contemplated the idea of adding more rows to the EPG but everytime I attempted to change the number of rows it caused it to crash. When I get some more time I'll look into the feasibility of it.

Also I just realized I uploaded the dev version of the skin, so you may notice that the info overlay displayed a lot longer. Basically that was so I could see how everything lined up without having to keep hitting the I button every ten seconds. If this is an annoyance let me know and I'll upload the normal version that displays the info overlay much shorter.
(2013-11-07, 17:18)ARYEZ Wrote:
(2013-11-07, 16:23)nerdmastax Wrote: @ARYEZ i would love that skin even more if 8 channels would fit vertically instead of 6.... but that looks appetizing.

I actually contemplated the idea of adding more rows to the EPG but everytime I attempted to change the number of rows it caused it to crash. When I get some more time I'll look into the feasibility of it.

Also I just realized I uploaded the dev version of the skin, so you may notice that the info overlay displayed a lot longer. Basically that was so I could see how everything lined up without having to keep hitting the I button every ten seconds. If this is an annoyance let me know and I'll upload the normal version that displays the info overlay much shorter.

@ Aryez, I noticed you included a script with your skin... I highly recommend we come up with a different way to introduce your changes to the code...

I don't like the idea of users copying possibly outdated code to update their skin...

Make a list of things you want to be able to change for your skins that require code changes... fonts, columns, etc I will create skinning labels for them...
(2013-11-07, 17:47)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-11-07, 17:18)ARYEZ Wrote:

@ Aryez, I noticed you included a script with your skin... I highly recommend we come up with a different way to introduce your changes to the code...

I don't like the idea of users copying possibly outdated code to update their skin...

Make a list of things you want to be able to change for your skins that require code changes... fonts, columns, etc I will create skinning labels for them...

Yeah man sounds like a plan.

FWIW my new "frosted glass" skin is built off the same code as my old "orange crush" skin and that was created as part of the Aeon Nox PTV skin project, so now that you mention it the code is definitely older and could probably use an update.

I'll make a list of the fonts I added to make the skin universal
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45