• 88(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2013-11-06, 09:16)soupboy Wrote: I've also ended up with this problem, my issue now though is that even after going back to the rbej build I seem to be stuck unable to choose 50/60hz without making the tv display waaay too big a picture.

Also on a different topic, ever since getting a new tv my pixel ratio seems to be out of whack every time I reboot and I have to reset it, anyone else have this issue?

If tv switches to wrong mode, report output of:
tvservice -s
when it's in the wrong mode and post a debug xbmc.log.

If picture is too bug, then either delete guisettings.xml or calibrate the display size (note: you have to do this for every refresh rate used - you can do it whilst playing a video from OSD).
The failure to save settings was due to the crash on exit bug. This should be fixed on both frodo and gotham now (but you'll need a build made in the last couple of days).
(2013-11-03, 14:37)doveman2 Wrote:
(2013-11-01, 16:19)doveman2 Wrote: I just upgraded to the latest dev build from http://openelec.thestateofme.com/ and was able to update xTV-SAF skin without any errors about dependencies. It was still using the same /storage on my USB, so I think that shows that there's something strange in the rbej build that was causing this error.

Since doing this I've been having strange problems with the remote, like on the EPG it doesn't respond when I press the key but quite a bit later and sometimes the light on the remote receiver stays stuck on for 5s and it only processes the remote presses after that. It's not just in the EPG either.

So either something about the skin update has caused this or upgrading to the dev build and then back to the rbej build has. I'm going to try the latest Frodo build and see if that fixes it.

Switching to Frodo did fix this problem but I'm having other problems now that I didn't get with Gotham:

Changing TV channel from the EPG whilst one is playing tends to cause XBMC to restart.

Sometimes starting/changing a channel just locks up the RPi and I have to hard reset, as happened here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=80843

On occassion, I've started watching a channel and shortly after I've had a popup about TVheadend lost connection and the TV stops.
Is there an Option, to use Boblight-Dispmanx in the last Rbej-Gotham-Popcornmix Branch?

Under Rbej´s Custom Frodo Branch everything is working normal, but under Gotham I get it only working in the Menu.

Just when I start a Movie, it stops and stays at the last Colour Scan.! Confused
(2013-11-05, 05:37)allan87 Wrote: I have tried both Milhouse and Chris Swan's Nov 4 builds and, sadly, I can't get them to play either locally stored (nfs) video or pvr (mythTV) recordings... Black screen, no sound.
Good news. I have Nov 4 Milhouse working.

1st - I don't know whether one or the other of these fixed the video, but when I rebooted after reinstalling, video worked (but not audio):
• I was using a new guisettings file.
• I installed the update manually (replaced all of the files on the SD Card system partition with the fresh files from the new build, except config.txt and cmdline.txt — Openelec.ico, bootcode.bin, start.elf, etc, were all older than the copies included with the build). .

2nd - When I checked audio settings, my original settings were gone, and audio was set to analog rather than HDMI. After correcting the settings, audio was fine.

So far so good.
(2013-11-04, 21:32)MilhouseVH Wrote: I've uploaded a new build of Gotham to dropbox.

It is based on OpenELEC master (Gotham) with the following modifications:

* Includes these newclock3 commits (except for 7e0741e)
* Excludes the audio settings refactor patch (conflict with newclock3 patches)
* Includes SetMovieSetDetails patch (JSON API v6.12.0)
* Inlcudes libnfs v1.8 (bumped from v1.6)

One nice new feature recently added to OpenELEC (and present in this build) is that you can now upgrade OpenELEC just by dropping the tar file into the Upgrade folder (and rebooting). No need to extract SYSTEM, KERNEL and MD5 files (although this method is still supported). Of course you'll need to perform the extract of those four files one last time to get on to this new version.

This build does fix the problems I've been having with the rbej Frodo build, where going to the EPG whilst TV is playing causes it to break up and then speed up to catch up when closing the EPG, as well as rebooting when changing channel via the EPG, although it did still lock up and crash whilst watching TV. So hopefully whatever difference there is can be transferred into the rbej build to fix the problem there as well.

Another problem is that whenever I try and click on the CEC adapter to check the settings, it reboots. I don't use this and it was disabled previously so it probably is still but I never had this problem before.

It's also missing the popcornmix normalise settings / boost centre channel from the rbej build, although I'm waiting on his fix to prevent the loud volume on starting playback as that's quite annoying.
(2013-11-07, 22:33)doveman2 Wrote: Another problem is that whenever I try and click on the CEC adapter to check the settings, it reboots. I don't use this and it was disabled previously so it probably is still but I never had this problem before.

I believe this has been caught and fixed, should be OK in a future build.

(2013-11-07, 22:33)doveman2 Wrote: It's also missing the popcornmix normalise settings / boost centre channel from the rbej build, although I'm waiting on his fix to prevent the loud volume on starting playback as that's quite annoying.

This build is pretty much stock XBMC in that regard. OpenELEC includes a patch that touches the audio settings, but it's not compatible with all of the newclock3 patches so I left it out for now.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Great work you guys are doing here Smile

Any idea why my external storage drives connected through USB are not being listed under video -> files when I connect them?
This is kinda wierd, as soon as I go back to 'stock' firmware, they reappear...

I can mount them manually using the config files, but this does not seem to be the best solution...

Regards
(2013-11-08, 11:44)Cy4n1d3 Wrote: Any idea why my external storage drives connected through USB are not being listed under video -> files when I connect them?
This is kinda wierd, as soon as I go back to 'stock' firmware, they reappear...

What do you mean by firmware? Just start.elf/fixup.dat, or do you mean by updating KERNEL and SYSTEM?
Sorry, should have made that more clear: the whole package consisting of kernel, system and including the rpi firmware Smile

€dit: to clarify:
as soon as I switch to one of these experimental builds, my drives stop appearing under files.
I can, however, add them by hand if I modify the corresponding config file - but this lists them even if they are not mounted or not connected...

Regards
(2013-11-08, 14:46)Cy4n1d3 Wrote: Sorry, should have made that more clear: the whole package consisting of kernel, system and including the rpi firmware Smile

€dit: to clarify:
as soon as I switch to one of these experimental builds, my drives stop appearing under files.
I can, however, add them by hand if I modify the corresponding config file - but this lists them even if they are not mounted or not connected...

Regards

Hello,

This is happening to me as well.

Besides, I've noticed that external hardrives are not being put in Standby mode, no matter the configuration you have in Openelec settings.

Regards.
Hey,

can't say much to your standby problems as the controller of my drives puts them into sleep after a certain time anyhow :\
(2013-11-08, 14:46)Cy4n1d3 Wrote: as soon as I switch to one of these experimental builds, my drives stop appearing under files.

You'll have to explain exactly which builds work for you and which fail.
(2013-11-06, 18:51)Chrisiooo Wrote: Is there an Option, to use Boblight-Dispmanx in the last Rbej-Gotham-Popcornmix Branch?

Under Rbej´s Custom Frodo Branch everything is working normal, but under Gotham I get it only working in the Menu.

Just when I start a Movie, it stops and stays at the last Colour Scan.! Confused

No one cares about the Boblight integration?
I have dynamic overclocking 1ghz, in skin ace pi is always 1ghz.
Skin confluence go to 700Mhz.

I have the last gotham build from rbej.
How do you check that? In XBMC?
Does skin ace has a bar for displaying cpu speed?
If so refreshing the bar is making the CPU jump to 1Ghz.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223