• 116(current)
Artwork Downloader
This has probably been ask plenty times already, but I can't seem to find the answer through searching...

It seems with a lot of the new seasons, the new posters don't get downloaded and I'm left with using whatever is used as the poster for the entire TV show. Is there a way to change this? I have attempted to update the art on the season itself, but nothing is listed under remote art.

Thanks
(2013-11-02, 02:55)helloterence Wrote: This has probably been ask plenty times already, but I can't seem to find the answer through searching...

It seems with a lot of the new seasons, the new posters don't get downloaded and I'm left with using whatever is used as the poster for the entire TV show. Is there a way to change this? I have attempted to update the art on the season itself, but nothing is listed under remote art.

Thanks

You might be hitting this problem - it's a known issue when adding new seasons to an existing TV show (though it could equally be a completely different issue as you're posting about it in the AD thread).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hoping someone could help me out here...

I am running OpenElec (i386) and all the media is on the NAS. I understand that this plugin is supposed to download artwork to the folder the media is located in. However, when i look in the folder the media is in there is no artwork in there - although I do see the posters, banners, etc still coming through in XBMC for the specific media. In the folder is only a .nfo file.

Does the network share need to be mounted with permissions in order for artwork downloader to download images to it?
Did you have "Use local files" enabled? This option is used to control both reading and writing of local files - with it disabled, your media will be associated with remote artwork.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
And if you have local enabled you indeed need write permission
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thumbs Down 
Thanks for your response guys. Yes, I had to mount the NAS with autostart.sh with write permissions. It is working now with a folder called "extrafanart". Spent a long time figuring that one out since I can already see the samba share from XBMC without mounting it!

Does this plugin download the artwork automatically when new content gets scraped? Or does it have to be run periodically?
Periodically.
Could someone tell me where XBMC is getting the banners from for TV shows? I am using banners for my TV shows. I've run the the artwork downloader, but I don't see the banner in the folder location. There are other files, such as extrafanart and some posters, but no banner. I have "use local artwork" selected. Banners have been downloaded for some shows, but not others, yet all banners are shown in the XBMC interface.

Thanks in advance
Hi,

I am getting a Error Downloading Error when I run in GUI mode.

Here's my log file
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=81524

any help would be great.

Thanks,

Rob
Can anyone tell me the location of the artwork that AD downloads? Does it get stored directly in the 'Thumbnails' folder?

Thanks.
(2013-11-08, 06:53)farr3ll Wrote: Can anyone tell me the location of the artwork that AD downloads? Does it get stored directly in the 'Thumbnails' folder?

Thanks.

Think it should download it to the directory the media is in, not Thumbnails folder. Think it says that in the wiki somewhere.
(2013-09-18, 01:42)hernandito Wrote:
(2013-09-17, 22:43)MilhouseVH Wrote: Directly? As a cron job? Sure, write a script that executes the JSON request which runs the add-on. Oh wait...

Millhouse thanks again.... I tried by using your code, and I am happy to report that the command line works perfectly... I am waiting to see if the CRON works.

Thank you very much.

Hernando

Would you mind sharing that script? I'd love to be able to automate the downloading of artwork.
(2013-11-09, 11:44)Frozin Wrote: Would you mind sharing that script? I'd love to be able to automate the downloading of artwork.

Sure.
Sorry MilhouseVH, I'm new to using linux and need some help setting this up. I'm using openelec and using crontab and can't seem to get the darn thing to execute no matter what time I put in. Is this the correct format? 03 15 * * * ./texturecache.py exec script.artwork.downloader silent=true
mediatype=movie
(2013-11-10, 01:18)Frozin Wrote: Sorry MilhouseVH, I'm new to using linux and need some help setting this up. I'm using openelec and using crontab and can't seem to get the darn thing to execute no matter what time I put in. Is this the correct format? 03 15 * * * ./texturecache.py exec script.artwork.downloader silent=true
mediatype=movie

Should work, have you enabled cron in the OpenELEC settings applet? Is /sbin/crond running (check with "ps aux|grep cron")?

Start scheduling something simple to confirm cron functionality, eg. "* * * * * date >>/tmp/test.log" and see if anything is written to /tmp/test.log.
  • 116(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18