• 22(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
Just picked up an i3 Haswell (D34010) and it won't even stream 480p. All I get is video chop and freezing. I'm running the most recent version of OpenElec off a USB stick. I had this same setup on my i3 Ivy Bridge and it streamed 1080p perfectly. Any ideas? The only things that have changed are the NUC and the HDMI cable (mini-HDMI to HDMI). Curiously, I also get no sound.
Sounds like audio set wrong.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-11-16, 01:32)nickr Wrote: Sounds like audio set wrong.

Please expand. I'm kind of a noob.
Set audio to 2.0 and analogue.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
nickr, can you recommend other settings as well?
Those are the safest settings. Try playing something and see if it still displays the same symptoms.
Well, I'm not talking about audio. I meant settings in general... video etc
(2013-11-16, 01:55)nickr Wrote: Set audio to 2.0 and analogue.

These were the default settings. Still have the same issues - stuttering video and no audio.
I feel really dumb. Hopefully this is an easy fix.

I'm all installed (openelec on SSD) but have no fan art! I put all my media on a WD mycloud NAS and added sources through the upnp source option where the mycloud showed up. Everything is there and it all plays but no fan art which is half the fun. Any ideas?
(2013-11-16, 04:09)OptyCT Wrote:
(2013-11-16, 01:55)nickr Wrote: Set audio to 2.0 and analogue.

These were the default settings. Still have the same issues - stuttering video and no audio.
debug log (wiki) then
Nick, thanks for the help. I changed the Audio Output Device to "HDA Intel PCH, ALC283 Analog" and I'm now streaming 1080p smoothly. Still no audio, though.
@OptyCT - what is the connection you are wanting audio to go through - HDMI ?

What choices do you have for Audio Output Device.
(2013-11-16, 04:51)nickr Wrote: @OptyCT - what is the connection you are wanting audio to go through - HDMI ?

What choices do you have for Audio Output Device.

Yeah, I'm using HDMI

Audio Output Device options are: 1.) HDA Intel MID, HDMI ; 2.) HDA Intel MID, MEI Panasonic-TV on HDMI; 3.) HDA Intel PCH, ALC283 Analog.
It should be set to 2.
Tried that one and I get video stutter and no audio.

Debug log can be found here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=85423
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7