• 94(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2013-11-16, 12:29)Koloss Wrote: 2. when i manuelly copy the Image files do SD-Card it is running

I think this maybe the issue. For some time now, I need to copy files to my SD card in a pc, as automatic update no longer works for me (running from USB pen).

Maybe that's also the case for you?

@MilhouseVH: rbej is no longer doing releases,but you seem to do it now... Only Gotham, no Frodo anymore?
The videos running, i think the problem was a property setting. I copy my old settings over this build. Vertical blank synchronisation this was a problem.

Next problem all skins are defect! Aeon mq 5 is normal for frodo and gotham hm...
Dependencies not met
(2013-11-16, 12:42)pplucky Wrote: rbej is no longer doing releases,

I sincerely hope not - where did you hear this?
(2013-11-16, 12:42)pplucky Wrote: @MilhouseVH: rbej is no longer doing releases,but you seem to do it now... Only Gotham, no Frodo anymore?

Sorry no, I haven't built Frodo for months and have no intention of building it in future.

I also have no plans to release Gotham builds on a regular basis, perhaps doing so only when something interesting and worthy of wider testing comes along. Hopefully rbej will resume normal service soon, I certainly didn't mean to get into this game and probably should have made that clear at the outset. Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I have delete addons.db and restart the pi, aeon mq 5 skin is incompatible
(2013-11-16, 13:48)RichG Wrote:

I didn't hear, I was more asking than stating. Because latest rbej releases are already a bit old...
(2013-11-16, 14:17)pplucky Wrote:
(2013-11-16, 13:48)RichG Wrote:

I didn't hear, I was more asking than stating. Because latest rbej releases are already a bit old...

Ah OK - yes sometimes there are breaks between his builds. The good man needs a rest every now and then Smile
isn't openelec about to move into version 4 so there shouldn't be any builds for a while?
(2013-11-16, 16:53)stuCONNERS Wrote: isn't openelec about to move into version 4 so there shouldn't be any builds for a while?
Yes they are however any new build could potentially uncover an old or new bug that needs to get fixed.
The sooner the better
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
The build running fast, movies start fast, airplays running but i have no idea for my skin problem!
(2013-11-16, 17:49)Koloss Wrote: The build running fast, movies start fast, airplays running but i have no idea for my skin problem!

The skin needs an update, contact the skin author.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Latest Millhouse/popcornmix build works ultra fast here.

unfortunately still wizard errors in network and plugins dependencies not met.
Modify xbmc to show videofullscreen while working (in plugins) would be nice and is there a chance for menu sound ?
(2013-11-14, 18:42)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-11-14, 14:59)Koloss Wrote: Popcornmix or milhouse, can give us a new gotham build with newclock3 patch and airplay fix?

Here you go: Dropbox.

It's standard OpenELEC master plus newclock3 patches. I have no idea about any Airplay fix - unless it's been pushed upstream it's not in this build.

I installed this whilst running from SD and it seems to be OK but I haven't fully tested yet.

Then I decided to go back to SD+USB as the SD /Storage partition is only 750MB and that's not enough to record any TV, so I copied the contents of /Storage to the USB (which was /media/Storage when running from SD).

It's running OK but now I can't SSH or WinSCP in. I can still open the SMB folders using \\192.168.1.73 so the networks fine but something's obviously borked. Any ideas what I can do to fix it?
Insecure permissions on the .ssh folder would be my guess.

They need to be 700 on the .ssh folder, 600 on the private key files, and 644 on everything else.

One way to avoid this is by telling cp to preserve file attributes (cp -a).
Ah thanks, probably they got lost when I copied them across to my PC and then back to the USB with WinSCP. What would be the proper way to copy files across without having to put them on the PC as an intermediary step and thus lose the permissions?

I guess I'll have to edit the cmdline.txt on the SD card to boot from SD again so that I can go in and edit the permissions on the USB files.
  • 94(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223