• 53(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
mangoes, even though that was last night's build, it doesn't have the black/gray color fix that was committed yesterday - at least it's not in the patch notes.

See here for the latest two fixes: https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/commits/master
Intel i3 Haswell NUC D34010WYK / Yamaha RX-V673 receiver / Panasonic VT-50 plasma TV
(2013-11-26, 16:30)Alchete Wrote: mangoes, even though that was last night's build, it doesn't have the black/gray color fix that was committed yesterday - at least it's not in the patch notes.

See here for the latest two fixes: https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/commits/master

Yes, I just saw this too and edited my post accordingly.

This new commit should fix it according to the comments in the commit.
NUC REBOOT SOLUTION!!!

it is like this.

I have 2 NUCs, and they are stacked on eachother during my testing of builds back and forth.
So while turning them on and off i ssaw that one of them sometimes didnt reboot after shutting down with the remote.
How could that be?
I started experimenting with the Nucs.
When u start your NUC you will be able to shut it down with the remote powerbutton as long as you dont put on a movie, you can go around in the menu and shut it off without it rebooting.

So i kept on experimenting because after watching a movie and i shut it off the NUC rebooted rightHuh Right!

I then tried to presst STOP once more and then shut it off and woooooaaa it stayed OFF!!!!

So there is the Solution for now. Its not otimal but maybe the guys who code all builds and stuff can understand whats going on.

It also works with the keyboard, just press X 2 times after watching a movie and then you can turn the nuc off without having it rebooting.

Press STOP 2 times on remote, turn of NUC = No reboot

Press X 2 times on keyboard = No reboot

edit, i have the new Bios on one of the NUCs and the Old one on the other, so it is not Bios related i think
2 x NUC I5 4250U, 16GB Cruical, 120GB Kingston mSata
OPPO BDP-95
Netgear ReadyNAS RDPU4000, 4 x RED 3TB
JVC DLA-X95/RS66
Integra DHC-80.3, 2 x Sunfire TGA-7401
9.2 Sunfire 10 x CRS3C, 2 x CRM2-Bip

Huh, no didn't see that Smile Very strange if that works! I'll try when I get home.
(2013-11-26, 17:04)Ravetrancer Wrote: Press STOP 2 times on remote, turn of NUC = No reboot

Doesn't work for me.
(2013-11-26, 17:09)arokh Wrote: Huh, no didn't see that Smile Very strange if that works! I'll try when I get home.

It does perfectly omy Nucs. I thought people saw it but no one replied at all to my post.

If you watch a movie, just press STOP twice or X twice, then power off.
It should stay off until u press the powerbutton on yor remote again.

Remember that it stayed off when you shut down the seond time, right?
Its because after rebooting you didnt play any movie.
So if you just start the Nuc and browse the menues you can shut it off without rebooting.
Its only when u play a movie that it reboots again, therefor i tried prssing STOP an extra time and it worked.

(2013-11-26, 17:11)Mangoes Wrote:
(2013-11-26, 17:04)Ravetrancer Wrote: Press STOP 2 times on remote, turn of NUC = No reboot

Doesn't work for me.
Does it reboot?
If u turn it off after rebooting, does it stay off?
OPPO BDP-95
JVC DLA-X95/RS66

What about the new Intel NUC and a Harmony Remote Control? Does it function?
@Flotho use the search function....
(2013-11-26, 17:13)Ravetrancer Wrote: Does it reboot?
If u turn it off after rebooting, does it stay off?

Earlier it always rebooted once before powering off correctly the 2nd time.

Strangely, during the past few days I was using the lmyllari build and this was powering off fine.

Today I have updated to the latest nightly, and I have the problem again (need to power off a 2nd time after it first reboots).
Hm i don't have the dual boot Problem anymore but dunno if this works for u too...anyway just for it to be written here..

Flashed Bios with .bio of Intel
Set Bios back to factory
Install OpenElec

-> After this i tried shuting off and it rebooted, so i tried a second time...reboot... my Nuc kept rebooting every time, it didn't shut off on scnd. try...

So back to BIOS, enabled Deep S4/S5

-> Works perfectly, when i shut it off it stays off...tried suspend....doest work, just kicked me back to XBMC Main Menu.
After this when i tried to shut it off again it rebooted, shut off a scnd. Time and it stayed off...so i was back at the orig. problem,
Nuc just reboots after 1st shut off and stays off after 2nd attempt..
BUT now things get interesting, i shut off my Ipad XBMC App (I use the Constellation App) and restarted it, voila Shuting off the NUC works again on 1st attempt...dunno if that helps anybody but wanted 2 share.
I just tried on my friends new Nuc, and it works on his also.
The builds we use is r16417 & r16406
I have the CIR codes installed in autostart.sh, everything else is default settings except language and some vide and audio settings.
BIOS we use is both the one installed when unboxed and the latest from Intel.

Just tried now an my own NUCs and today i can just press STOP once and it doesnt reboot after power off.

Mysterious. I could try reinstalling again and try to see the procedure that made it work or me.
As i said before the only thing thats ive changed is installing the CIR code in autostart.sh.

My remote by the way is ASRocks from the ION 3D series and Logitech K490 keyboard.

(2013-11-26, 18:30)gamble Wrote: Hm i don't have the dual boot Problem anymore but dunno if this works for u too...anyway just for it to be written here..

Flashed Bios with .bio of Intel
Set Bios back to factory
Install OpenElec

-> After this i tried shuting off and it rebooted, so i tried a second time...reboot... my Nuc kept rebooting every time, it didn't shut off on scnd. try...

So back to BIOS, enabled Deep S4/S5

-> Works perfectly, when i shut it off it stays off...tried suspend....doest work, just kicked me back to XBMC Main Menu.
After this when i tried to shut it off again it rebooted, shut off a scnd. Time and it stayed off...so i was back at the orig. problem,
Nuc just reboots after 1st shut off and stays off after 2nd attempt..
BUT now things get interesting, i shut off my Ipad XBMC App (I use the Constellation App) and restarted it, voila Shuting off the NUC works again on 1st attempt...dunno if that helps anybody but wanted 2 share.
My S4/S5 is disabled.
But about why it stays off the second time is what i think has to be that you didnt played a movie.
Did you try to power on with the button on the NUC and then power off with the remote, does it reboot then?
OPPO BDP-95
JVC DLA-X95/RS66

For now i can shut off even while playing a movie and it stays off so i can't try Smile

And i decided that ill stick with the stable Build for now, i´m fed up of running from one problem into another Big Grin
Only thing tempting would if lmyllari ups a patched stable Version Big Grin
(2013-11-26, 18:58)gamble Wrote: And i decided that ill stick with the stable Build for now, i´m fed up of running from one problem into another Big Grin

Actually, I see the stable build to be having more issues than the nightlies. Broken FLAC 6.1, broken forced subtitles switching,...

The nightlies fix these issues and work fine enough for me. All in all its a much better experience than the stable build as the things I need finally work. Just stick to the builds that fix the colors / black levels, and set the xbmc gui refresh rate to 23.98 for HD audio passthrough (playback can still be set to match the source video, doesn't matter).
(2013-11-26, 18:58)gamble Wrote: For now i can shut off even while playing a movie and it stays off so i can't try Smile

And i decided that ill stick with the stable Build for now, i´m fed up of running from one problem into another Big Grin

What build do u use?
Did you do a autostart.sh?
Any advancedsettings?
OPPO BDP-95
JVC DLA-X95/RS66

(2013-11-26, 06:30)scarecrow420 Wrote:
(2013-11-25, 18:38)IBTB Wrote: ...

I also did an installation with Windows as I've read in this post that should give me least problems, but that didn't go 100% smooth neigther.
I somehow need to choose "Optical out" for sound to be able to even play movies with DTS-HDMA (HDMI output makes the movie stutter ALOT. <1 fps), even tho I use HDMI -> Reciever.
(So, I use Optical out in the config/options, but physically the sound goes through HDMI).

If you are getting video stuttering with audio output set to HDMI make sure in XBMC audio output and passthrough settings, you are using the "WASAPI (Name of Receiver)" HDMI selection and not the "DirectSound (Name of Receiver)"
Aha! That did the trick! Now sound seems to work good (all formats I've tried)!

I am however still not satisfied with the video. Don't know exactly how to set a word on it, but it's just like the video stutters a little bit (very little) and I have compared the same source (I notice it good on the intro in Disney movies) on other (physical) players I feel the picture is "floating" better than on the NUC. May I ask you guys with a windows setup how you have set your settings?

My config (Running Frodo 12.2):
Settings - Videos:
- Render method: DXVA (tried with Pixel Shaders and Software, but found DXVA to be best).
- Allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2): On
- Adjust display refresh rate to match video: Off
- Sync playback to display: Off

Settings - System - Video output:
- Display Mode: Full Screen #1
- Resolution: 1920x1080p
- Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen: Off
- Vertical blank sync: Always enabled

I have tried changing one and one parameter, but I still can't get a "perfect" picture.
I tried pressing "o" to see fps output and CPU load during my different settings, but neighter try (even tho some settings gave very clearly stutters) showed any drop in fps output or CPU load over 10%.

If anyone got any tips, I'd be grateful!
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7