• 105(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
Initially there was a bunch of subs overlapping on some videos.
Then it only showed rectangles and squares where the subs should be.

After a reboot, tested some videos and the issues isn't happening anymore.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
I have not tested builds for a few weeks but I am testing OpenELEC_Gotham-RPi.arm-devel-20131127234643-r16442.tar. I am most impressed with speed increase in opening up BBC HD .ts content very responsive, ditto on Ch4 HD 5.1 .ts files.

Skip step works very well also.. thanks for everyones efforts..

I will post back any issues.. I have had momentary black frames and one lock up but I think a reboot was necessary because of changes I had made.
Location UK; Media server Windows 7 with ArgusTV 2.3 with TBS6981 DVB-S2 x4 and DVB-T x 2:All network connections cabled on 1Gb router Raspberry Pi2 1GB x 2; RPI 3 x1; PiB+512MB x 3; TV Samsung 55" C8000; AV Denon AVR X2200W
(2013-11-28, 15:14)evanspae Wrote: I have not tested builds for a few weeks but I am testing OpenELEC_Gotham-RPi.arm-devel-20131127234643-r16442.tar. I am most impressed with speed increase in opening up BBC HD .ts content very responsive, ditto on Ch4 HD 5.1 .ts files.

Skip step works very well also.. thanks for everyones efforts..

I will post back any issues.. I have had momentary black frames and one lock up but I think a reboot was necessary because of changes I had made.

On my system with above version edl skip has ceased to work.
Location UK; Media server Windows 7 with ArgusTV 2.3 with TBS6981 DVB-S2 x4 and DVB-T x 2:All network connections cabled on 1Gb router Raspberry Pi2 1GB x 2; RPI 3 x1; PiB+512MB x 3; TV Samsung 55" C8000; AV Denon AVR X2200W
I've been having an issue with external (non embedded) srt subtitles all piling up at the start of a movie. This has been happening with a good number of the recent Gotham builds, playing avi, mp4 or mkv. mkvs with embedded subs play fine.

I've also noticed that the OSD menu becomes very slow when external subs are enabled until the first actual subtitle is called and displayed correctly when the gui response becomes normal.

Definately seems like a subtitle player bug (I had thought it was just my machine / settings).
Before anyone points it out, it looks like power off/reboot problems are back - I'm sure it will get fixed (again).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-11-28, 15:05)xbs08 Wrote: Initially there was a bunch of subs overlapping on some videos.

happened to me as well, after a reboot only subs sync issue (time=0) as popcornmix wrote down.

A particular thing missing is the ability to use the new Subtitles module in Alpha10 (I think).
In the latest build there is no way to download the opensubtitles.com add-on from the XBMC repository (no subtitles menu in the list).
Therefore no possibility to search for subs.
In the equivalent Windows it is there (26/11).
Thanks
(2013-11-28, 15:05)xbs08 Wrote: Initially there was a bunch of subs overlapping on some videos.

It doesn't happen everytime but it's still present sometimes.

MKV(x264)/SRT
AVI(XVID/SRT)

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2013-11-28, 15:31)MilhouseVH Wrote: Before anyone points it out, it looks like power off/reboot problems are back - I'm sure it will get fixed (again).

Power off / reboot is working fine here with your latest build.

However, i'm still seeing issues with LIRC. Most times the 'OK' button on remote doesn't work. If I reboot (from ssh or web remote) it may come back and/or it may result in double presses from the arrow keys. Keep rebooting and it will all eventually work... until next boot (?)
(2013-11-28, 15:55)RichG Wrote: Power off / reboot is working fine here with your latest build.

It's not consistent, works sometimes, doesn't work other times (XBMC restarts).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
OpenELEC_Gotham-RPi.arm-devel-20131127234643-r16442.tar

As previously mentioned the time to start playing an HD Television recording is showing a tremendous improvement, but alas I am now getting a drift of lipsync of approx 500ms over a 2hr period?
(2013-11-28, 18:37)evanspae Wrote: As previously mentioned the time to start playing an HD Television recording is showing a tremendous improvement, but alas I am now getting a drift of lipsync of approx 500ms over a 2hr period?

Live TV or from a file?
Are there errors in the file (e.g. from a poor antenna?)
Is this a new problem? When did it last work?
OpenELEC 3.2.4.
If you select DTS for audio output there is no sound.
This only happens if you need to select it e.g. switch from AC3 to DTS.
If DTS is the only track available it works as expected.
(2013-11-28, 19:35)kraades Wrote: OpenELEC 3.2.4.
If you select DTS for audio output there is no sound.
This only happens if you need to select it e.g. switch from AC3 to DTS.
If DTS is the only track available it works as expected.

Is passthrough enabled? Were both the first audio track and the second using passthrough?
(2013-11-28, 15:24)evanspae Wrote:
(2013-11-28, 15:14)evanspae Wrote: I have not tested builds for a few weeks but I am testing OpenELEC_Gotham-RPi.arm-devel-20131127234643-r16442.tar. I am most impressed with speed increase in opening up BBC HD .ts content very responsive, ditto on Ch4 HD 5.1 .ts files...
On my system with above version edl skip has ceased to work.
Same here, using MythBackend .27. The EDL info is blank when you press "contextual menu" during playback. However, I also saw this issue on the Nov 21 nightly build (xbmcnightlybuilds.com). The Milhous Nov 24 build (post 1462, I believe) DID have EDL.

(2013-11-28, 18:37)evanspae Wrote: ...alas I am now getting a drift of lipsync of approx 500ms over a 2hr period?
I did not notice a drift (a gradually shifting loss of sync), but did notice that audio was a fraction of a second off in a 1 hr MythTV recording, played back with the myth plugin. I'll check an earlier, previously watched recording that was OK, and post if further viewing reveals anything different.
(2013-11-28, 20:05)popcornmix Wrote: Is passthrough enabled? Were both the first audio track and the second using passthrough?

Yes.

- AC3 works whether AC3 capable receiver is ON of OFF.
- DTS only works if DTS capable receiver is OFF.

It looks like other users are experiencing the same issue.
This was working fine on OpenELEC 3.2.3.
  • 105(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223