• 10(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
I guess there's a problem with the patch. There's no new NB since 25/11 (when Sam applied the patch again)
http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?...4#pid89004
Can confirm that my GUI indeed locked up...
XBMC did not want to restart and i had to to reboot machine.
So most likely some internal wait process... anyway..

Calibration for 1080 seem to be way off so i had to recalibrate it. ( 720p res limit was activated, so maybe the culprit? )
Cannot really comment regarding subtitles as I personally never had any issues with them... so .. still working fine i guess < : )
Subjectively, the GUI seem to load faster and respond better. In one word, snappy!
If i notice anything else i'll report it.
@ fernandovg
The raspbmc guires toggle is not enbled in this build and will not work.
This due to popcornmix´s newclock3 has its own settings for this, but I have had trouble with the latest builds as well.

Anyway, there should be a setting in video output to disable 720 gui limit.

See: https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...ca5d466c03

Edit: Actually, it is disabled in all builds you find in this thread (maybe not the first ones, cannot remember).
nice!
Why gui res can't be changed "on-the-fly" like Windows for example?
Sorry if is a dumb question.
No, it needs a reboot. So it is pretty much the same as before, but the switch is inside XBMC settings instead of in Raspbmc settings.
But as I said, I have had problems with this in recent builds so I am not sure it will work, but give it a go and let me know.
Can you tell me the name of the setting in guisettings.xml so I can change manually after kill XBMC and reboot?

UPDATE: videoscreen.limitgui

I guess I have to do some change in settings in order to update guisettings and create the new one because I could not found this in my guisettings.xml
Will try to change anything with the zoomed gui.
Just got back home and installed the last test build, I recommend everyone to delete guisettings.xml. I did and had no problems at all. It probably will not work properly if you don´t do this.
To set everything back takes less than 2 minutes.
Edit: If you have a lot of skin settings set I see why this might be complicated and might not take less than 2 minutes, but I still recommend it.

This build is very fast! So far everything seems good EXCEPT external .srt subtitles.
It is kind of useless with external .srt subtitles to be honest, the piling up of hundreds of characters until next dialog in the movie is not only annoying, it is unbearable for movies with foreign language in only small parts (the characters stays for 40 minutes if the next foreign dialog is 40 minutes later).
Skipping doesn´t work very good when subtitles are enabled, just like before.
no external subtitles for me its a deal breaker! hehehe
Will wait.
Thanks!
Just actually had my second GUI freeze this evening and i have not had any of those since Oct-Nov last year..
Had to pull the power to make it reboot properly..
Will remove gui*.xml and see if that helps tomorrow.
This is just a heads up for everyone. If it happens again i will make sure to collect logs.
Personally I have been running for some hours now, testing a lot of stuff.
100% stable so far, and quite a bit faster than before. But this is pretty much as always for me, very stable.

That said... as XBMC for Pi gets faster and smoother, you will need a stable setup in general (faster browsing, more peaks on CPU and GPU etc).
First thing that comes to mind... PSU.

But try to delete guisettings, it might help.
@ Caine72
Do you use CEC?
I (think) have had CEC breaking on 2 Pi´s when they have been idle for a while, this might seem like XBMC is frozen but it is just no way of waking the Pi up.
I will connect a keyboard to test this next time it happens. And as debug mode was not active the logs does not show anything.
Hi Miappa,
Our posts must have crossed, :-( I should have been more specific, I was testing the 20131123 build.
It's still going well, I gave it a bit more of a thorough test last night; it even seems to shut down properly now, :-) before I was having problems with it immediately re-starting back to XBMC when I did a power off shut down.
Regards, Kevin.
(2013-11-28, 20:54)miappa Wrote: This build is very fast! So far everything seems good EXCEPT external .srt subtitles.
It is kind of useless with external .srt subtitles to be honest, the piling up of hundreds of characters until next dialog in the movie is not only annoying, it is unbearable for movies with foreign language in only small parts (the characters stays for 40 minutes if the next foreign dialog is 40 minutes later).
Skipping doesn´t work very good when subtitles are enabled, just like before.

Is there a TRAC open about this? Otherwise DEVs wont fix it.
Guys one question can the pi shutdown ? Every time when i try to shutdown the pi its only rebooting with raspbmc or openelec ? And if the pi can shutdown how i can turn them on ? They dont have a power button ?
(2013-11-29, 08:45)miappa Wrote: @ Caine72
Do you use CEC?
I (think) have had CEC breaking on 2 Pi´s when they have been idle for a while, this might seem like XBMC is frozen but it is just no way of waking the Pi up.
I will connect a keyboard to test this next time it happens. And as debug mode was not active the logs does not show anything.

Yeah, running CEC. So might only be a controller lock. Didn't think of connecting with Yatse to see if controlling it via the web interface worked.

Do not think it's the PSU ( will check it out thought, but it have to wait until monday when i can get a hold of a multimeter) by itself.
In my mind it's more plausible that it might be my OC that has become unstable with this build.

One thing I noticed when it locked up and i tried to restart XBMC from the cli, was that it was complaining about not having a glx driver installed..hence xbmc failed to start. Sadly i do not have the log for it. But if it happens again i will try to catch it.

***EDIT***
Seem to be some kind of idle lock. That is, it seem to locke when i leave it to idle for a longer period of time.
Could not control it from Yatse either. Will report with logs tomorrow. My wife will kill me if i try to fiddle with this more tonight. ^_^
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15