export library doubts
I dutifully read about it at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp...rt_library and I was convinced I understood what will happen during export - i.e. that

"The resulting XML .nfo file and associated image files will then be exported to the location of the corresponding video files. "

(having selected Exporting to separate files + thumbnails and fanart)
Instead what happened is that everything went into a single directory at the location I selected, named xbmc_videodb_2013-11-29 !

I did not like it, since I would have preferred to have the info stored at each movie folder, however... maybe the wiki has to be updated?

Or I have misunderstood something?
Are you sure you selected multiple files and not single file? The folder you describe is what happens with single file export (a single .xml file, and various images within the folders). Exporting as multiple files should give you individual .nfo files stored along side the video files.
I agree with Ned, I am pretty sure you selected Export to single file.

Make sure that you granted write access to your fileshares otherwise the 'Export to seperate files' will not do much Tongue
(2013-12-01, 07:33)Ned Scott Wrote: Are you sure you selected multiple files and not single file? The folder you describe is what happens with single file export (a single .xml file, and various images within the folders). Exporting as multiple files should give you individual .nfo files stored along side the video files.

you're right, thank you!
I repeated the process as you suggested and now my nfos&jpgs are perfectly safe

thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
export library doubts0