• 70(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
While playing a movie (1080p) in openELEC (at 24fps) I have ssh onto the box and can confirm that using sensors command my fan is running at 1764 RPM (fan 2). My BIOS settings are set to 20% as the lowest speed.

I was wondering if anyone with the i3 version could do the same? My temps according to cputemp are between 44c and 46c.
If you tell me the commands, I will try it.

Which are the commands for...

temp
fan
cpu

Huh
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
sensors
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
sensors gives you CPU temps for each core and fan info
cputemp just gives the sensor on top of the chip, presumably!
Thank you. Now thats easy. On the Pi complicated commands were needed.
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
OK Now I feel stupid.. I now have 23.976Hz auto switching and AC-3 passthrough.. the options were hiding under "Advanced" at the bottom left! I am new to openELEC..

Any reason not to use the mini-DP port to HDMI adapter any more?.. I have a mini HDMI to HDMI cable coming soon (luckily I only spent £1.60 on it!)
(2013-12-03, 19:06)lmyllari Wrote:
(2013-12-03, 16:32)musicman_234 Wrote: Not a BIOS issue. I just upgraded to bios 21. No change in behavior. CIR still not working at all. If OpenElec can work, there's no reason Mint can't work. Really hoping someone seeing this will have a suggestion or two for debugging this...I've no idea how to tell if the driver is actually connecting to the hardware or not.
Try using mode2 to check the raw output. See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1546387 for my steps when testing on Ubuntu.

yeah, so I love obfuscation in the man pages. I had been trying mode2, but with "-d=/dev/lirc0". no go. I saw your example (thanks) with "-d /dev/lirc0", (no '=') and tried that. Works like a charm. FINALLY get some output from my CIR.

So, after some more research, I figure I need to re-run the package maintainer tool that created /etc/lirc/hardware.conf in the first place. I mistakenly chose "Logitech" on the first go-round, because, gee, that's what I have (Harmony One). Now I see I need to tell it I have an mceusb remote. I'm hacking hardware.conf manually in the meanwhile, but if someone knows how I can run the program/script that creates these files for me, that might help to solve my problem.
OK, hacking isn't getting me anywhere. Could someone running Linux Mint 15 with CIR that works, using MCE remote please post their system's files for:
/etc/lirc/hardware.conf
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf

i'd surely appreciate it.

[EDIT]
OK, it's finally working. I completely removed and reinstalled lirc, selecting MCE remote during installation. I now have good .conf files.
Did you get sound working under Mint? That was another hurdle I had issues with. Yanking Pulse and getting ALSA onboard was proving painful and I was never able to get the setup working. Also, any issues with Grub on the install? I installed Mint 14, 15, and Ubuntu LTS with no luck until I'd repaired Grub...
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
(2013-12-04, 04:55)BLKMGK Wrote: Did you get sound working under Mint? That was another hurdle I had issues with. Yanking Pulse and getting ALSA onboard was proving painful and I was never able to get the setup working. Also, any issues with Grub on the install? I installed Mint 14, 15, and Ubuntu LTS with no luck until I'd repaired Grub...

Yes. You have to actually read & follow the release notes. I'm guilty of not doing it, and wasting a couple weeks because of it. I then started with a fresh Mint install. Then update & upgrade. Then put in the fix for HDMI audio (see Mint 15 release notes). http://linuxmint.com/rel_olivia.php
(2013-12-04, 06:16)musicman_234 Wrote:
(2013-12-04, 04:55)BLKMGK Wrote: Did you get sound working under Mint? That was another hurdle I had issues with. Yanking Pulse and getting ALSA onboard was proving painful and I was never able to get the setup working. Also, any issues with Grub on the install? I installed Mint 14, 15, and Ubuntu LTS with no luck until I'd repaired Grub...

Yes. You have to actually read & follow the release notes. I'm guilty of not doing it, and wasting a couple weeks because of it. I then started with a fresh Mint install. Then update & upgrade. Then put in the fix for HDMI audio (see Mint 15 release notes). http://linuxmint.com/rel_olivia.php

D'oh! I knew there was an UEFI issue and I managed to work around it but that sure is simpler - I'm used to Linux just installing! lol Nice to see that the HDMI issue is addressed as well and instaling from a daily repo is probably a very good idea and I'd have done that too had I known. Compiling and installing ALSA is a PITA and that's far simpler.

Maybe I'll give Mint another shot on my i5 box. The Openelec guys have merged in many bleeding edge patches though and are really on top of the issues so if I run into many bumps I'll be switching back. It really is very simple to setup with the dedicated distro and it "just works" very quickly once the remote receiver fix is installed. Even upgrades are pretty straightforward which is very nice!
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Anybody know how to get this OE autostart.sh script to run automatically in Linux Mint 15? I'm searching all over, and everything points to rc.local, but that doesn't seem to be working for me. can't even find any logs from rc.local running (or not running). more searching....
/etc/rc.local should work on mint/ubuntu.

Show us your /etc/rc.local - all of it! copy and paste.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Anyone using a Harmony 900 + OpenElec + Nuc wanna share their settings? Mine is laggy and I've been trying different delays, but to no avail.
(2013-12-03, 22:18)micoba Wrote: If you tell me the commands, I will try it.

Which are the commands for...

temp
fan
cpu

Huh

How did you get on?
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7