• 73(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
(2013-12-04, 20:12)Flotho Wrote: so it is! nothing happens...

i can see, that when i plugged in the power supply, the battery and the power button shiny a little bit green...

Mine as well. Hardware issue as far as I can see. You can wake on lan with mc-wol and the mac address as explained earlier in the thread. I just got my replacement and the power button works again.
(2013-12-04, 22:47)mattchapman Wrote: I was going to post a new thread but thought I'd just ask in here.
What is the general appeal with the Intel NUC? Is it because it's so small?
I'm about to build an HTPC and saw the NUC but it seems sort of expensive for what it is so I wondered what's so attractive about it.

The nuc i3 haswell that has just been released is capable of 3d, has 7.1 audio passthru, a very low current draw, has built in ir, 4 usb 3.0 ports, improved cooling, a very small footprint, can be cofigured with up to 16 gb of ram, various sizes of msata ssd, internal wifi, bluetooth, and has a sata port for a internal ssd (however the present case is not large enough, a taller case is due this month). In my noobie opinion it is à perfect htpc. I just got one and have not built it yet.
NUC I3 Haswell with external 4TB HD, Windows 8.1
Onkyo TX-NR626 Receiver
LG 55" LCD
Cat 6 wired ethernet
Controlled with:
Logitech Harmony 880 remote
Lenovo N5902 remote keyboard/mouse
So happy to have my replacement where the power button works again. I know this is not the right forum for this but can anyone help direct me to where I can learn to change one of the buttons on this guy http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox360/Access...ediaRemote to power on and off?

I can putty in and irw to see the command keys but don't know what to do from there.

the button I want to use says:

e2 0 KEY_MEDIA devinput
e2 0 KEY_MEDIA_UP devinput
(2013-12-04, 22:27)lmyllari Wrote: The 16-235 range fix is in nightlies. It fixes the default output having grey blacks. See https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/pull/2776

The only thing missing is my hack that allows you to output full range and tell the display it is a limited range signal. It is only usable with software decoding and Gotham. Consider it an expert setting for now. See https://github.com/laurimyllari/OpenELEC...e8b603144a

Perfect, thankyou!
(2013-12-05, 05:19)Clack Wrote: So happy to have my replacement where the power button works again. I know this is not the right forum for this but can anyone help direct me to where I can learn to change one of the buttons on this guy http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox360/Access...ediaRemote to power on and off?

I can putty in and irw to see the command keys but don't know what to do from there.

e2 0 KEY_MEDIA devinput

Can't you just use a custom keymap rather than changing the button? Just assign the Xbox power button to either shutdown or go to shutdown menu, using either:

ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)
XBMC.ShutDown()

I use the latter, but I also have mine set to suspend rather than shutdown, so powering on works properly.
(2013-12-04, 22:27)lmyllari Wrote:
(2013-12-04, 22:12)ascl_ Wrote:
(2013-12-04, 18:40)lmyllari Wrote: I cleaned up the obsolete builds. You can use nightlies instead, they have all those fixes and more.

If you need my 16-235 passthrough, message me for a current build or grab the patch from my github repo.
So the nightly's are still missing the 16-235 fix? Can you please point me towards that patch?
The 16-235 range fix is in nightlies. It fixes the default output having grey blacks. See https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/pull/2776

The only thing missing is my hack that allows you to output full range and tell the display it is a limited range signal. It is only usable with software decoding and Gotham. Consider it an expert setting for now. See https://github.com/laurimyllari/OpenELEC...e8b603144a

Is this a gpu driver patch? When will this be merged so that we can use another distro etc. I'm liking openELEC but choice is good. Thanks
@tutu

Here are my results while watching a 24fp 1080p movie, 20%/100% setting activated.

Temp: 67 - 69
Fan: 2940 but occasionaly jumps down to 1413 (I guess it depends on the bitrate?).
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
(2013-12-05, 09:47)Richie Wrote:
(2013-12-05, 05:19)Clack Wrote: So happy to have my replacement where the power button works again. I know this is not the right forum for this but can anyone help direct me to where I can learn to change one of the buttons on this guy http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox360/Access...ediaRemote to power on and off?

e2 0 KEY_MEDIA devinput

Can't you just use a custom keymap rather than changing the button? Just assign the Xbox power button to either shutdown or go to shutdown menu, using either:

ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)
XBMC.ShutDown()

I use the latter, but I also have mine set to suspend rather than shutdown, so powering on works properly.

Thanks Richie, I'll look into this further.
(2013-12-05, 00:04)Peppin Wrote: Adjust display refresh: On start/stop
Pause during refries: Off
Sync playback to display: On
A/V sync method: Video clock (Drop/Dupe audio)

Assuming your display can handle all the usual refresh rates, I don't think there's any reason to leave "Sync playback to display" on. In fairness it probably doesn't make much difference, but I sleep easier in my bed knowing it's off. On my current (ancient) laptop driven system it caused occasional problems so I'm a bit biased against it, but one of the major benefits of the Haswell NUC is that it can do 23.976 correctly, so there's no real need for syncing here.

I'll let others comment on the rest of your settings. I'm not familiar with some of the options since I don't have them on my system.
Does anybody have any news on the HD audio issue? Considering that it works if you manually change to 23.98 refresh first it kinda seems like a software bug, no? Anybody running Gotham nightlies?
(2013-12-05, 13:13)Diapason Wrote:
(2013-12-05, 00:04)Peppin Wrote: Adjust display refresh: On start/stop
Pause during refries: Off
Sync playback to display: On
A/V sync method: Video clock (Drop/Dupe audio)

Assuming your display can handle all the usual refresh rates, I don't think there's any reason to leave "Sync playback to display" on. In fairness it probably doesn't make much difference, but I sleep easier in my bed knowing it's off. On my current (ancient) laptop driven system it caused occasional problems so I'm a bit biased against it, but one of the major benefits of the Haswell NUC is that it can do 23.976 correctly, so there's no real need for syncing here.

I'll let others comment on the rest of your settings. I'm not familiar with some of the options since I don't have them on my system.
Thanks! Ok lets hope somebody does Smile
(2013-12-05, 10:45)micoba Wrote: @tutu

Here are my results while watching a 24fp 1080p movie, 20%/100% setting activated.

Temp: 67 - 69
Fan: 2940 but occasionaly jumps down to 1413 (I guess it depends on the bitrate?).

Thanks for that. What was the size of the file? Mine was running at 17xx but the file was about 2.2gb.
Has anyone been able to play 24bit 5.1 channel FLACs? I'm getting crackely output.
(2013-12-05, 19:39)Clack Wrote: Has anyone been able to play 24bit 5.1 channel FLACs? I'm getting crackely output.
Which version are you using? Current OE nightlies should have kernel and xbmc patches to fix it.

I can confirm HDMCH7041888514725_01_01.flac from http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html working.

Code:
Audio
Format                                   : FLAC
Format/Info                              : Free Lossless Audio Codec
Duration                                 : 3mn 9s
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 5 695 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Back: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                            : 96.0 KHz
Bit depth                                : 24 bits
Stream size                              : 129 MiB (100%)
Writing library                          : libFLAC 1.2.1 (UTC 2007-09-17)

(2013-12-05, 10:28)tutu Wrote:
(2013-12-04, 22:27)lmyllari Wrote:
(2013-12-04, 22:12)ascl_ Wrote: So the nightly's are still missing the 16-235 fix? Can you please point me towards that patch?
The 16-235 range fix is in nightlies. It fixes the default output having grey blacks. See https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/pull/2776
Is this a gpu driver patch? When will this be merged so that we can use another distro etc. I'm liking openELEC but choice is good. Thanks
It is a kernel patch. As far as I can see, it hasn't been yet pulled from the Intel repository to kernel. Maybe it will have to wait until 3.14 kernel?
(2013-12-05, 14:16)arokh Wrote: Does anybody have any news on the HD audio issue? Considering that it works if you manually change to 23.98 refresh first it kinda seems like a software bug, no? Anybody running Gotham nightlies?
It looks like a driver bug. I have reported it, but it should be filed against ALSA in the kernel bug tracker. A dev has looked into it, but I haven't had time to provide enough logs yet.

If anybody is interested in getting logs, filing an issue and following up, I can provide a build.
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7