• 118(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2013-12-06, 20:21)popcornmix Wrote: does that look like your problem?

Suspect it is - my exports are Movies and TVShows so no overlapping paths. Will publish a new build once a fix lands for NFS.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Got bad pixel ratio now, too... GUI is set to 1080p, alls seems in place, but everything background, video, subtitle related is stretched widely and I can'T seem to fix it. None of the suggestions work.. pixel ratio is 0.500 Sad
(2013-12-06, 19:55)MilhouseVH Wrote: New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0612.

FYI
this build scrambles my live tv EPG
also can´t use OE settings
(2013-12-06, 20:29)popcornmix Wrote: You can fake the lack of hardware with config options.
So,
hdmi_force_edid_audio=1
will make the Pi believe the hdmi device supports passthrough. You then select hdmi and enable passthrough and although you won't hear anything, it should behave the same (in terms of hanging or crashing) as it would for someone with a passthrough recevier.

I set hdmi_force_edid_audio=1, rebooted, and still hear GUI sounds when passthrough is enabled, although DTS output during playback is now just static (PCM, I guess, so that part worked!)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-12-06, 20:21)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-12-06, 20:16)FattyMcDirty Wrote: and yes: nfs seems broken!
switched to SMB - and? it's scraping!

There does seem to be a nfs/scraping PR:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3772
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14727

does that look like your problem?

YES! Sad
I love the builds by Millhouse, thank you for your work. Any advice though on how I can add GPIO IR receiver support? I have to feed my Pi through my A/V receiver and it doesn't support CEC.

Thanks again!
(2013-12-06, 22:40)pennywisdom Wrote: I love the builds by Millhouse, thank you for your work. Any advice though on how I can add GPIO IR receiver support? I have to feed my Pi through my A/V receiver and it doesn't support CEC.

How far have you got with this? I was able to complete the "modprobe lirc_rpi" step, but of course I don't have anything connect to my GPIO pins so can't go much further.
(2013-12-06, 22:53)MilhouseVH Wrote: How far have you got with this? I was able to complete the "modprobe lirc_rpi" step, but of course I don't have anything connect to my GPIO pins so can't go much further.

Its strange, when I run "modprobe lirc_rpi" I can press any one button on the remote and it works. After that no commands from the remote work until a reboot and then I can again press only one button.

In the Add Your Own Remote section, "killall lircd" says that lircd isn't running at all. Then "ir-keytable -p LIRC" returns "Couldn't find any node at /sys/class/rc/rc*." When I run "irrecord /storage/.config/lircd.conf" in this section however, I can see that it is recognizing each key pressed.

Later under troubleshooting, "irw /var/run/lirc/lircd-lirc0" gives me a connection refused error.

The remotes work fine under stock OE as well as rbej's builds, Any further suggestions?
(2013-12-06, 21:33)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-12-06, 20:29)popcornmix Wrote: You can fake the lack of hardware with config options.
So,
hdmi_force_edid_audio=1
will make the Pi believe the hdmi device supports passthrough. You then select hdmi and enable passthrough and although you won't hear anything, it should behave the same (in terms of hanging or crashing) as it would for someone with a passthrough recevier.

I set hdmi_force_edid_audio=1, rebooted, and still hear GUI sounds when passthrough is enabled, although DTS output during playback is now just static (PCM, I guess, so that part worked!)

I had some trouble with the latest releases. I have the PI connected to the tv with HDMI and the TV is connected to my 5:1 speakers with an Optical cable. I have set tv audio config to Home Theather.
In xbmc I tried setting speaker setup to 5:1 and enableing passthrough with dolby digital reciever and dts capable. However, when I play dts movies I cant hear center speaker, only surroundings. Also my speaker dont get DTS signals, since it just says DD movie in the speaker console. (Logitech Z-5500). Changing speakers to 2:1 seems to work. At least we can hear the voice of the characters, but its not real DTS.

Is the raspberry pi unable to send DTS content? Or do I need to try another build?
(2013-12-07, 00:24)pennywisdom Wrote: The remotes work fine under stock OE as well as rbej's builds, Any further suggestions?

Sorry no, as I don't have the hardware to even begin troubleshooting this. It might be worth opening an issue on the OpenELEC github issue tracker.
Popcornmix: With the last milhouse build, I have GIU sounds and video all apparently working right, although passthrough is on. Were you expecting that?
With Milhous' new build, Tvheadend is back Smile but I'm still getting frozen channel streams (as I did with the Nov 27 build, see post #1712.).
log:
http://pastebin.com/rYD7ncdS
Here I play 2 different tv channels. The first one feeezes on the first frame with no audio, the second runs fine. Unfortunatelty, they look identical in the logs (unless I'm looking at the wrong log?). Can I provide any further info?

Is anyone else out there using Tvheadend with these new builds?
(2013-12-07, 00:24)pennywisdom Wrote: Its strange, when I run "modprobe lirc_rpi" I can press any one button on the remote and it works. After that no commands from the remote work until a reboot and then I can again press only one button.

In the Add Your Own Remote section, "killall lircd" says that lircd isn't running at all. Then "ir-keytable -p LIRC" returns "Couldn't find any node at /sys/class/rc/rc*." When I run "irrecord /storage/.config/lircd.conf" in this section however, I can see that it is recognizing each key pressed.

Later under troubleshooting, "irw /var/run/lirc/lircd-lirc0" gives me a connection refused error.

The remotes work fine under stock OE as well as rbej's builds, Any further suggestions?

I am having trouble with lirc too but I can get it working until reboot with:

Code:
modprobe lirc_rpi
killall lircd; /usr/sbin/lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc0 --uinput --output=/var/run/lirc/lircd --pidfile=/var/run/lirc/lircd-lirc0.pid /storage/.config/lircd.conf

I have tried adding this to autostart.sh but it seems as if the second line has to be run after the gui is loaded for it to work.

On these latest builds is the OpenELEC settings addon working? On mine it says the addon "is not ready, please try again later", is anyone else getting this?
(2013-12-07, 05:04)allan87 Wrote: Popcornmix: With the last milhouse build, I have GIU sounds and video all apparently working right, although passthrough is on. Were you expecting that?

That was the plan, but it hasn't been heavily tested.
(2013-12-07, 00:33)corb06 Wrote: I had some trouble with the latest releases. I have the PI connected to the tv with HDMI and the TV is connected to my 5:1 speakers with an Optical cable. I have set tv audio config to Home Theather.
In xbmc I tried setting speaker setup to 5:1 and enableing passthrough with dolby digital reciever and dts capable. However, when I play dts movies I cant hear center speaker, only surroundings. Also my speaker dont get DTS signals, since it just says DD movie in the speaker console. (Logitech Z-5500). Changing speakers to 2:1 seems to work. At least we can hear the voice of the characters, but its not real DTS.

Is the raspberry pi unable to send DTS content? Or do I need to try another build?

Optical audio cannot handle multichannel PCM, so set the speaker configuration to 2.0.
Passthrough (DTS/AC3) should still work and be multichannel if enabled.

However it's quite common for TV's not to support passthrough DTS over toslink, in which case there's nothing that can be done.
You can force DTS/AC3 to be passed through even if support is not reported with (in config.txt):
hdmi_force_edid_audio=1
But that will only help if your equipment does actually support DTS/AC3.
  • 118(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223