• 101(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2013-12-06, 02:15)blazin912 Wrote:
(2013-12-06, 01:57)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-06, 01:52)blazin912 Wrote: Setting -> LastExitTime..

What's that.. doesn't exist in my settings files and I believe it's why with this build 0.1.9 I can't get the EPG to load:

ERROR: script.pseudotv.live-EPGWindow: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master\resources\lib\EPGWindow.py", line 294, in setButtons
self.lastExitTime = int(ADDON_SETTINGS.getSetting("LastExitTime"))
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

Has nothing to do with it... its failing because something else is causing it, post a link to a full log...
http://pastebin.com/7MbztGL5 this one has the right errors where the EPG doesn't work
Did you check my log?
(2013-12-07, 00:14)blazin912 Wrote:
(2013-12-06, 02:15)blazin912 Wrote:
(2013-12-06, 01:57)Lunatixz Wrote: Has nothing to do with it... its failing because something else is causing it, post a link to a full log...
http://pastebin.com/7MbztGL5 this one has the right errors where the EPG doesn't work
Did you check my log?

Check your settings2 for syntax error
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-12-06, 23:50)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-06, 23:15)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-06, 22:00)Lunatixz Wrote: I looked at your logs, and don't see any errors with PTVL... if your only problem is buffering; I explained before this has nothing to do with PTVL and more to do with your system or configurations.

The only changes I made recently was to tvdb/tmdb. If you don't have those enabled you are running the same version as the older copy!!

If your system is buffering when you have tvdb/tmdb enabled = slow system, low ram something on your end...

Again buffering happens from within the XBMC player!! all this program does its pass a playlist to the XBMC player!!

If you get a blackscreen or some other crash in PTVL send me a log

I have some ideas about the buffering that I want to try that are not related to PTVL and I understand it's not in your addon, my problem at the moment is that with your latest master I keep getting the black screen when trying to load live channels even though the syntax is exactly the same between the old and new versions. Very odd. I don't have tvdb/tmdb enabled. I'll send some logs again with the blank screen. Thanks for your help!

I didn't see any errors in your log... send a new log, right after the crash...

Here is another log of the blank screen for Live TV channels ->http://pastebin.com/GtVwwLGR
(2013-12-07, 03:58)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-06, 23:50)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-06, 23:15)photo848 Wrote: I have some ideas about the buffering that I want to try that are not related to PTVL and I understand it's not in your addon, my problem at the moment is that with your latest master I keep getting the black screen when trying to load live channels even though the syntax is exactly the same between the old and new versions. Very odd. I don't have tvdb/tmdb enabled. I'll send some logs again with the blank screen. Thanks for your help!

I didn't see any errors in your log... send a new log, right after the crash...

Here is another log of the blank screen for Live TV channels ->http://pastebin.com/GtVwwLGR

Nothing there, maybe you need to increase your level of debugging for your logs...
(2013-12-06, 22:57)ARYEZ Wrote: I'm actually not in front of my computer but check the media folder in his default skin...there should be a image called "poster" and another called "fanart" they are the default fallbacks

Ah, I think we are talking about two different things. I mean the area below "Now Watching:", which usually displays the clear art.
I think you are talking about the regular movie poster/fanart.

To any future German users reading this thread and encounter missing channels, make sure that you do not have any
Umlaute in your playlist name like Ö, Ü, Ä, Ü. Those are not compatible and need to be renamed.

I have another question on how PseudoTV handles the "XBMX Library Auto Update" script. I have it set to update
my library every 4 hours. Is this new content automatically incorporated into Pseudo TV, or do I need to stop the script and reset all channels by hand?

Have a nice weekend!

Edit:

I changed line 143 in /default/720p/TVOverlay.xml to include a fallback image.
Code:
<texture fallback="fanart.png">$INFO[Player.Art(clearlogo)]</texture>
Change the fanart.png to whatever you like and have saved in your /media folder.
(2013-12-07, 01:11)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 00:14)blazin912 Wrote:
(2013-12-06, 02:15)blazin912 Wrote: http://pastebin.com/7MbztGL5 this one has the right errors where the EPG doesn't work
Did you check my log?

Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="Version" value="2.1.0" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_type" value="8" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_1" value="I2.1.xxxxxx.tmsdatadirect.com" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_2" value="hdhomerun://xxxxxxxxC-0/tuner0?channel=8vsb:503000000&program=3" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rulecount" value="2" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_3" value="xmltv" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_time" value="862" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_opt_1" value="PBS" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rule_2_id" value="13" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rule_2_opt_1" value="1" />
</settings>

Still.. EPG comes up and disappears when you try to open it. I don't see a syntax error..
I am thinking about buying the USTVNOW full package for $20/month and my ultimate goal with Pseudo TV would be to integrate my German television stations in PseudoTV Live
through the tuner software, my own ripped movie library and US channels through the USTVNOW plugin. Is this technically going to work, or am I
misunderstanding something. The free USTVnow channels work fine, I guess when I upgrade my plan I could just edit the settings2.xml and add all the other
channels?!
Some feedback for everybody here. Installed this unofficial XBMC Frodo Release by Margro yesterday.

http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg...build.html

Channel switching performance is excellent using Media Portal backend. Channels in the LIVE TV section take only 1-2 seconds to switch channels, which is a very significant improvement on what I've seen using the official Frodo 12.2 release, which take 4-6 seconds to change channels.
The latest build of PTVL performs beautifully with this XBMC build. I currently have a 108 channels made up of the following channel types:-

Live TV using Media Portal Backend
Live TV using streamed files
USTVNow Plugin
Local Movie files
Local TV Show files
24/7 Streamed files.

PTVL load time/parsing of channels very quick (6-8 seconds) from Home Screen to opening channel. Overall performance is fantastic. Channel switching for live TV/streamed content very quick too, 1-3 seconds. I've not tried any music or You Tube channel types, so can't comment on the performance.
Not sure if all plugins will work using this unofficial release, but I can confirm the latest versions of YouTube and Mashup both work with no problems.

Luna, again many congrats on such a great and wonderful plugin. This is without doubt the best performance I've seen to date using PTVL and exactly what I've dreamt of having for so long. So, if anybody is using Media Portal as their backend server, I would definitely recommend using this XBMC release. The difference in performance has been like night and day for me! Smile
(2013-12-07, 16:18)blazin912 Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 01:11)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 00:14)blazin912 Wrote: Did you check my log?

Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="Version" value="2.1.0" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_type" value="8" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_1" value="I2.1.xxxxxx.tmsdatadirect.com" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_2" value="hdhomerun://xxxxxxxxC-0/tuner0?channel=8vsb:503000000&program=3" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rulecount" value="2" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_3" value="xmltv" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_time" value="862" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_opt_1" value="PBS" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rule_2_id" value="13" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rule_2_opt_1" value="1" />
</settings>

Still.. EPG comes up and disappears when you try to open it. I don't see a syntax error..

So after a full back to basics review.. not sure how this was happening or what changed...

1. Channel_#_3 still must specify "xmltv" "" does not work in the build I'm using "0.1.9 stable"
2. Some how my xmltv.xml was not in ISO-8859-1 encoding. This was causing the EPG to open and close on itself immediately. Very odd, I opened the file in notepad++ then Encoding>Character Sets>Western European>ISO 8859-1 then save as.. save over the file and the EPG worked..

Did something change on how the xml is parsed? I didn't even touch my file before trying all of this and going from the old to new shows my very old version 0.1.0? does not run into this issue.

Something for you to dig into Smile
(2013-12-07, 16:46)Dumyat Wrote: Some feedback for everybody here. Installed this unofficial XBMC Frodo Release by Margro yesterday.

http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg...build.html

Channel switching performance is excellent using Media Portal backend. Channels in the LIVE TV section take only 1-2 seconds to switch channels, which is a very significant improvement on what I've seen using the official Frodo 12.2 release, which take 4-6 seconds to change channels.
The latest build of PTVL performs beautifully with this XBMC build. I currently have a 108 channels made up of the following channel types:-

Live TV using Media Portal Backend
Live TV using streamed files
USTVNow Plugin
Local Movie files
Local TV Show files
24/7 Streamed files.

PTVL load time/parsing of channels very quick (6-8 seconds) from Home Screen to opening channel. Overall performance is fantastic. Channel switching for live TV/streamed content very quick too, 1-3 seconds. I've not tried any music or You Tube channel types, so can't comment on the performance.
Not sure if all plugins will work using this unofficial release, but I can confirm the latest versions of YouTube and Mashup both work with no problems.

Luna, again many congrats on such a great and wonderful plugin. This is without doubt the best performance I've seen to date using PTVL and exactly what I've dreamt of having for so long. So, if anybody is using Media Portal as their backend server, I would definitely recommend using this XBMC release. The difference in performance has been like night and day for me! Smile

Wish I could merge Margo's with my spotyxbmc2 build.
(2013-12-07, 06:25)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 03:58)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-06, 23:50)Lunatixz Wrote: I didn't see any errors in your log... send a new log, right after the crash...

Nothing there, maybe you need to increase your level of debugging for your logs...

I bumped the level to 3, let me know if this isn't what you meant, thx
http://pastebin.com/CpdfSJmU
After all said and done... epg is stilll way off. I thought this was fixedHuh Also.. I can't seem to select live tv from epg. If I select a live channel the epg closed and the channel doesn't change my o they channel types don't have this issue.
(2013-12-07, 20:33)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 06:25)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 03:58)photo848 Wrote: Here is another log of the blank screen for Live TV channels ->http://pastebin.com/GtVwwLGR

I happened to notice while looking through the log file that it was turned on to 3 and then changed to 1. I created another file using 2, please try this one if the one above doesn't provide the info you need.
-> https://www.dropbox.com/s/rq4o91geyijds0e/xbmc.log
(2013-12-07, 21:01)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 20:33)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 06:25)Lunatixz Wrote: Nothing there, maybe you need to increase your level of debugging for your logs...

I happened to notice while looking through the log file that it was turned on to 3 and then changed to 1. I created another file using 2, please try this one if the one above doesn't provide the info you need.
-> https://www.dropbox.com/s/rq4o91geyijds0e/xbmc.log

Logs output is great, I can see the error and before I make any changes to my code, I need to ask.... Did you set a xmltv location in your settings? and in that folder location is there a file named xmltv.xml?
I have spent some more time twiddling around with PTV and I finally managed to set up the MediaPortal TV server and Live-TV
in XBMC. Watch Live-TV via XBMC (MediaPortal PVR plugin): check
Please bear with me as I go through my process step-by-step.

I then added a channel to favourites and extracted the link. It read
Code:
<favourite name="VOX">PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/3.pvr&quot;)</favourite>

I then cropped the relevant data to
Code:
pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/3.pvr&quot;)

Then I inserted it into Luna's template and tried to abide to the syntax.

Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="Channel_1_type" value="8" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_1" value="i60159.labs.zap2it.com" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_2" value="pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/3.pvr&quot;)" />
    <setting id="Channel_#_3" value="xmltv" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_time" value="0" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_opt_1" value="FOX" />
    <setting id="LastExitTime" value="1386445381" />
    <setting id="LastResetTime" value="1386446574" />
</settings>

<setting id="Channel_1_1" value="i60159.labs.zap2it.com" /> <= I dont know about this one. Where do I get this value? Why do I need it?
I don't quite understand why/where this value comes from even after reading and downloading the XML program.

Anyhow, after saving and rebuilding all channels, I got a black screen, so I'm back to the drawing board.
This is the XBMC.log file.
  • 101(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45