• 103(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
I just downloaded the latest master...did a clean install, but nothing seems to be really working correctly for me. In fact I found three new bugs...

1. There seems to be two stages of "Focused" now--by which I mean if I scroll through the EPG and go from channel one to channel two for instance, when I scroll down the program on Channel two isn't actually "focused" even though i am currently hovering on it...To actually make it "focused" I have to hit to the left or right. This is definitely a new bug that was introduced in the previous version, but still is present in tonight's update. It makes navigating the EPG extremely tedious so hopefully it can be fixed.

2. in the pic below, look at the lowest channel in the EPG (channel 4 Tekzilla) and notice the program playing in the 830pm timeslot. You can clearly see the name in white (as it should be) but there is a new bug in this version where the name appears underneath it when you hover over it. The grey version of the name scrolls as well.

3. Is Dynamic art supposed to be working for Library content? Notice the fanart displayed is still for Ancient Aliens, as opposed to Six Feet Under (which I am hovering over.)

I probably should mention that the new TVDB changes just cause a black screen failure for me, the version this replaced worked flawlessly though. I can upload a log in a bit if you want to see one.
(2013-12-08, 05:18)ARYEZ Wrote: I just downloaded the latest master...did a clean install, but nothing seems to be really working correctly for me. In fact I found three new bugs...

1. There seems to be two stages of "Focused" now--by which I mean if I scroll through the EPG and go from channel one to channel two for instance, when I scroll down the program on Channel two isn't actually "focused" even though i am currently hovering on it...To actually make it "focused" I have to hit to the left or right. This is definitely a new bug that was introduced in the previous version, but still is present in tonight's update. It makes navigating the EPG extremely tedious so hopefully it can be fixed.

2. in the pic below, look at the lowest channel in the EPG (channel 4 Tekzilla) and notice the program playing in the 830pm timeslot. You can clearly see the name in white (as it should be) but there is a new bug in this version where the name appears underneath it when you hover over it. The grey version of the name scrolls as well.

3. Is Dynamic art supposed to be working for Library content? Notice the fanart displayed is still for Ancient Aliens, as opposed to Six Feet Under (which I am hovering over.)

I probably should mention that the new TVDB changes just cause a black screen failure for me, the version this replaced worked flawlessly though. I can upload a log in a bit if you want to see one.

Did u rebuild your channels?

Small skinning issues are from my changes, there not bugs... just didn't clean skin coding yet...

But your first issue, I'll look into...

Are you having any problems with your XMLTV?

Any blackscreens? are you using TVDB?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I've just re-installed my xbmc and along with it pstvl. I've noticed a certian issue that happens with youtube channels. After a few videos play I no long have access to the "guide" instead when I click the "ok" button on my remote or use the keyboard and hit enter it instead just brings up the normai overlay for when I'm playing regular media (with pause/play/stop etc...etc...etc.)
(2013-12-08, 06:05)MrsAngelD Wrote: I've just re-installed my xbmc and along with it pstvl. I've noticed a certian issue that happens with youtube channels. After a few videos play I no long have access to the "guide" instead when I click the "ok" button on my remote or use the keyboard and hit enter it instead just brings up the normai overlay for when I'm playing regular media (with pause/play/stop etc...etc...etc.)

This is a bug with youtube plugin, and has been mentioned before...
I'm working on re-writing youtube code without using youtube plugin...
thanks
(2013-12-08, 05:39)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-08, 05:18)ARYEZ Wrote: I just downloaded the latest master...did a clean install, but nothing seems to be really working correctly for me. In fact I found three new bugs...

Small skinning issues are from my changes, there not bugs... just didn't clean skin coding yet...

But your first issue, can you explain further, not following the problem.

Yep I actually did a clean auto tune...then followed it up with a few random genre channels--got the same results both times.

As far as my first problem, I'll demonstrate what I mean with my new skin (the problem occured in the default skin as well but it just is easier to see since the difference in mine is black and white text.

Ok so lets say I'm scrolling through the EPG and decide to watch Hunger Games...I scroll down from the Nitro channel to the Atlas channel beneath it. Im now currently hovering on the Hunger Games as seen in this pic--but as you notice the text is still white...that means as far as the EPG code is concerned I am not actually "focused" on the Hunger Games.

Now in this next pic, I have pressed to the right (as if I was going to watch Indy instead) and now the Text is Black, like it is supposed to be. Only now does the EPG code consider me actually "focused" on the Hunger Games.

I checked on my main HTPC that is still running the previous version of PTVL and this problem exists on that build as well. Perhaps this is tied to the same code that is causing the White on top of Grey text issue?

Either way aside from not looking right this actually makes navigating the EPG significantly more tedious. For instance if i really did want to watch Indy instead I would have to hit to the right twice to get there...I know this might not seem like much of an issue but imagine a movie trailer channel that has 20 trailers on the screen and you have to hit to the right 40 times to get to the one you want.
(2013-12-08, 04:10)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-08, 04:04)locoguano Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 23:15)Lunatixz Wrote: Just so you know I'm dropping USTVnow features in the final build... not to say you can't add channels and xmltv info on your own... but PTVL will no longer do it for you...

is this except for the donors?

This applies to everyone,

I hate doing it... but USTVnow has offered me ZERO support, I don't see why I should steer business to them while wasting my time and resources...

This doesn't mean you can't use my addon with USTVnow... just means I won't be supplying the xmltv info automatically and you will have to manual configure channels.

You are welcome to write USTVnow add ask them to support my work.
Are you just grabbing the listings just like other live tv except its from their location?
Btw just saw the last question you asked...

On tonight's update my XMLTV isn't working at all once I enable TVDB...it blackscreens as soon as PTVL attempts to build the channel. I know my TVDB api key is correct because it is functioning just fine on my HTPC right now. Do you want me to get you a log?
(2013-12-08, 06:06)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-08, 06:05)MrsAngelD Wrote: I've just re-installed my xbmc and along with it pstvl. I've noticed a certian issue that happens with youtube channels. After a few videos play I no long have access to the "guide" instead when I click the "ok" button on my remote or use the keyboard and hit enter it instead just brings up the normai overlay for when I'm playing regular media (with pause/play/stop etc...etc...etc.)

This is a bug with youtube plugin, and has been mentioned before...
I'm working on re-writing youtube code without using youtube plugin...
thanks

Oh ok, I did a search but must have somehow missed where it was mentioned. Anyway thank you. and THANK YOU SO MUCH for making such a great script for xbmc. Is there somewhere I can donate to you?
(2013-12-08, 06:07)ARYEZ Wrote:
(2013-12-08, 05:39)Lunatixz Wrote:

But your first issue, can you explain further, not following the problem.

Yep I actually did a clean auto tune...then followed it up with a few random genre channels--got the same results both times.

As far as my first problem, I'll demonstrate what I mean with my new skin (the problem occured in the default skin as well but it just is easier to see since the difference in mine is black and white text.

Ok so lets say I'm scrolling through the EPG and decide to watch Hunger Games...I scroll down from the Nitro channel to the Atlas channel beneath it. Im now currently hovering on the Hunger Games as seen in this pic--but as you notice the text is still white...that means as far as the EPG code is concerned I am not actually "focused" on the Hunger Games.

Now in this next pic, I have pressed to the right (as if I was going to watch Indy instead) and now the Text is Black, like it is supposed to be. Only now does the EPG code consider me actually "focused" on the Hunger Games.

I checked on my main HTPC that is still running the previous version of PTVL and this problem exists on that build as well. Perhaps this is tied to the same code that is causing the White on top of Grey text issue?

Either way aside from not looking right this actually makes navigating the EPG significantly more tedious. For instance if i really did want to watch Indy instead I would have to hit to the right twice to get there...I know this might not seem like much of an issue but imagine a movie trailer channel that has 20 trailers on the screen and you have to hit to the right 40 times to get to the one you want.

I have no idea, I really think this is something I added to the skin code... because the plugin code I added looks fine. I noticed the double text... but not any focus problems with the buttons.
going to double check again, and upload any fixes I find tonight.

::Update::

I see the focus problem, i'll try and figure out whats causing it.
Is there somewhere I can donate to you for this project?
(2013-12-08, 06:14)Lunatixz Wrote: ::Update::

I see the focus problem, i'll try and figure out whats causing it.

Sweet...hopefully its not anything too major. Thanks for looking into it.
(2013-12-08, 06:44)MrsAngelD Wrote: Is there somewhere I can donate to you for this project?

Go to post 1 - it is very important to read the first 3 - anyway, at the bottom of post 1 is a buy me a shot link. Donate there.
(2013-12-08, 00:15)blazin912 Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 23:27)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 22:37)Lunatixz Wrote: I ask because PTVL is hanging at your xmltv file... it's not even opening it!! You need to delete your PTVL setting.xml and reconfigure PTVL and you need to triple check your xmltv file...

I am totally stumped, I deleted the setting.xml file and reconfigured a new one. The xmltv file is in the folder I have in the settings but yet it still won't recognize it. I even tried renaming it to xtv and updated the settings2.xml file with the new "xtv" name but it still doesn't work. The xml file all looks correct. Here is another log file with the rename of xtv -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/jj2ois2acip3tfs/xbmcv1.log
Here is the xml file -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/3dr9rmuo65pav0u/xtv.xml

Oddly when I used that prior version you provided a few days back nothing was different from what I have now and that version worked.

This sounds similar to what I just ran into.. my xmltv.xml was encoding was not set right.. or at least setting it to what is required and saving over the one generated by MC2XML fixed my issue. Not 100% on this.

I'm probably moving back to the old reliable version 0.1.0 from god knows when, there are way too many bugs in the latest builds. I'm trying on a laptop before I integrate and the latest EPGWindow.py change makes PTVL error on launch. I've tried wiping the entire directory and going from scratch, nope. Whatever was done inside that in the last 16-17 hours (per the repo log) borked the whole thing.

Wish I had more time, I could probably help to polish up the latest features a bit but sadly i'm quite busy lately.

Also -- Whatever I'm running that's "newer ie 0.1.9" on my system as of few days ago from the repo I guess is not current anymore. That build is the one that has the EPG sync and live tv selection issues.

(2013-12-08, 00:07)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 23:35)Lunatixz Wrote: @ MovieJunky it's not possible outside of PTVL's channel manager (which already has a channel reset by days pasted feature). Search the thread this question has been asked before!

I'll check the difference, maybe I removed something I forgot about..

I'm comparing my changes now... only differences I see is the settings name was changed, but you said you re entered your settings so that should be it...

what are you using for settings2's _3 switch? it should be the name of your xmltv file without the extension...

I also have to say as of now you are the only one reporting this problem... if more users report the same problem I will investigate further.

Here is the Channel settings, _3 value is "xmltv"
<setting id="Channel_20_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_20_1" value="I2.1.16689.tmsdatadirect.com" />
<setting id="Channel_20_2" value="hdhomerun://103AC965-0/tuner0?channel=8vsb:587000000&program=1" />
<setting id="Channel_20_3" value="xmltv" />
<setting id="Channel_20_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_20_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_20_time" value="77" />
<setting id="Channel_20_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_20_rule_1_opt_1" value="2-1 CBS Live" />

What's your Settings.xml look like? Mine for some reason had 2 XMLTV entries, I think from upgrading. I assume it's not case sensitive, but I don't know what would happen if they conflict. Double check that. That was also what I cleaned up to get one of my newer working.. might be a good idea to bump minor revs each time a file changes, would make life a lot easier. since I have at least 2 zipped versions of 0.1.9 floating around confirmed by performing a diff.

I was having the same problem. Deleted master, added new version master, deleted cache, deleted settings.xml. Went through configuration and set everything. Black screen from first channel every attempt. My solution was to go back to configuration and tick "force channel reset on next start." Started fine then. Restarts super fast after that. You will miss out by not upgrading to 0.1.9. Luna recommends this in #1527.
(2013-12-08, 06:09)ARYEZ Wrote: Btw just saw the last question you asked...

On tonight's update my XMLTV isn't working at all once I enable TVDB...it blackscreens as soon as PTVL attempts to build the channel. I know my TVDB api key is correct because it is functioning just fine on my HTPC right now. Do you want me to get you a log?

Yes, log please... right after blackscreen.

Try clicking force reset in settings, do you still get blackscreen?

Also disable color epg, thats the cause of the focus problem... I'm looking into it now Smile
(2013-12-08, 07:05)genbap Wrote:
(2013-12-08, 06:44)MrsAngelD Wrote: Is there somewhere I can donate to you for this project?

Go to post 1 - it is very important to read the first 3 - anyway, at the bottom of post 1 is a buy me a shot link. Donate there.

haha, I don't know how I missed that in all my reading...I suppose it was a case of brain fog...anyway found it Big Grin
  • 103(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45