• 105(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2013-12-08, 21:25)genbap Wrote: Did not have a tvdb api key after update this morning. Not sure if I did something wrong or if we are supposed to try to get our own. Thanks.

Yeah I posted during the week before I pushed tvdb updates to go out and get your own...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-12-08, 20:56)Lunatixz Wrote: @ anyone having problem, follow the proper instructions for updating to master git (located right under the download link)... it's not there as a suggestion! you need to follow it...

As for me... I'm detecting just too much bullshit from a certain ungrateful user!! I suggest they stop posting, and go back into hibernation!

Just to make sure I have this correct, I uninstalled PseudoTV Live then deleted the entire script.pseudotv.live folder which also deletes the cache folder, setting.xml and settings2.xml files. I then install from zip the new master. Update settings which includes pointing to my xmltv.xml file. I then then launch PseudoTV Live and let it parse the channels. It initially creates 4 channels which all work fine but I still get the blank screen when I try to add a Live TV channel. I tried the suggestion above to add the LOC to the xmltv setting in the setting.xml file but that didn't help either. Here is another log however it looks similar to the prior ones -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/vn53yt131mb4nho/xbmc12813.log
I just don't understand why the xmltv.xml file is not recognized or not found, very puzzling..
(2013-12-08, 22:26)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-08, 20:56)Lunatixz Wrote: @ anyone having problem, follow the proper instructions for updating to master git (located right under the download link)... it's not there as a suggestion! you need to follow it...

As for me... I'm detecting just too much bullshit from a certain ungrateful user!! I suggest they stop posting, and go back into hibernation!

Just to make sure I have this correct, I uninstalled PseudoTV Live then deleted the entire script.pseudotv.live folder which also deletes the cache folder, setting.xml and settings2.xml files. I then install from zip the new master. Update settings which includes pointing to my xmltv.xml file. I then then launch PseudoTV Live and let it parse the channels. It initially creates 4 channels which all work fine but I still get the blank screen when I try to add a Live TV channel. I tried the suggestion above to add the LOC to the xmltv setting in the setting.xml file but that didn't help either. Here is another log however it looks similar to the prior ones -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/vn53yt131mb4nho/xbmc12813.log
I just don't understand why the xmltv.xml file is not recognized or not found, very puzzling..

reviewing your log....

Send me a log after running the latest master...
There is no point sending me a log from an old copy Smile
(2013-12-08, 22:38)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-08, 22:26)photo848 Wrote:

reviewing your log....

That is from the latest master.
(2013-12-08, 22:50)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-08, 22:38)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-08, 22:26)photo848 Wrote: Just to make sure I have this correct, I uninstalled PseudoTV Live then deleted the entire script.pseudotv.live folder which also deletes the cache folder, setting.xml and settings2.xml files. I then install from zip the new master. Update settings which includes pointing to my xmltv.xml file. I then then launch PseudoTV Live and let it parse the channels. It initially creates 4 channels which all work fine but I still get the blank screen when I try to add a Live TV channel. I tried the suggestion above to add the LOC to the xmltv setting in the setting.xml file but that didn't help either. Here is another log however it looks similar to the prior ones -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/vn53yt131mb4nho/xbmc12813.log

reviewing your log....

Just so you know uninstalling from xbmc doesn't clean your userdata!!!

You need to delete your cache folder and settings.xml!!

This was taken from your log! this code doesn't exist anymore in the master!
there is something wrong on your end... maybe you have two copies of PTVL installed?? maybe one in your addon folder and another in your portable_data/addon folder?
I don't know whats going on... but i'm starting to believe this is 100% User error!

Code:
path = xbmc.translatePath(os.path.join(REAL_SETTINGS.getSetting('xmltv'), str(xmltv) +'.xml'))
(2013-12-08, 21:29)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-08, 21:25)genbap Wrote: Did not have a tvdb api key after update this morning. Not sure if I did something wrong or if we are supposed to try to get our own. Thanks.

Yeah I posted during the week before I pushed tvdb updates to go out and get your own...
Sorry I missed that. Thanks for your hard work. Pretty painless to get an API from TVDB.
Hi Luna - I've been testing a bit here with streams that i know for certain are working and have worked before in PTVL, but now PTVL won't load them as channels.
Here's one for instance:
http://pastebin.com/tMbxCSMs

I have tried this one in XBMC outside PTVL and it works fine. Then I have tried it in PTVL and nothing.
I know my code is fine as I swapped out the stream with another stream and it worked and appeared as a channel - swapped back in the one above, and nothing again. Has anything changed that might cause this? I was thinking perhaps that the recent changes to catch broken streams etc might be booting this?

Just to add, the stream I have pasted above isn't the only one, several others have produced this behaviour for me. If you need a log let me know and I'll post it. Just thought I'd post first in case something obvious occured.

Cheers.
(2013-12-08, 23:32)Daavid Wrote: Hi Luna - I've been testing a bit here with streams that i know for certain are working and have worked before in PTVL, but now PTVL won't load them as channels.
Here's one for instance:
http://pastebin.com/tMbxCSMs

I have tried this one in XBMC outside PTVL and it works fine. Then I have tried it in PTVL and nothing.
I know my code is fine as I swapped out the stream with another stream and it worked and appeared as a channel - swapped back in the one above, and nothing again. Has anything changed that might cause this? I was thinking perhaps that the recent changes to catch broken streams etc might be booting this?

Just to add, the stream I have pasted above isn't the only one, several others have produced this behaviour for me. If you need a log let me know and I'll post it. Just thought I'd post first in case something obvious occured.

Cheers.

Your correct, problem is with my "error check". It errs on the side of caution... if it can't test or validate a link PTVL will ignore it, which is why I added the option to override the checks.

If you can give me a working and non working link very similar to each other. I could create a filter for it.
(2013-12-08, 23:04)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-08, 22:50)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-08, 22:38)Lunatixz Wrote: reviewing your log....

there is something wrong on your end... maybe you have two copies of PTVL installed?? maybe one in your addon folder and another in your portable_data/addon folder?
I don't know whats going on... but i'm starting to believe this is 100% User error!

Code:
path = xbmc.translatePath(os.path.join(REAL_SETTINGS.getSetting('xmltv'), str(xmltv) +'.xml'))

I'm sorry but I must be missing something, as I mentioned above these are the steps I take to reload a new master,

"I uninstalled PseudoTV Live then deleted the entire script.pseudotv.live folder which also deletes the cache folder, setting.xml and settings2.xml files. I then install from zip the new master. Update settings which includes pointing to my xmltv.xml file."

I am deleting the cache folder and everything in the script.pseudotv.live folder, I don't see a second copy of PTVL but I'll continue looking. I do have a copy of PTV could that be interfering? I thought I was following your steps correctly to delete the prior versions but maybe I am missing something? I have been grabbing what I thought is the latest master from Page 1 of this thread, should I be getting it from somewhere else? I appreciate all of your help so far and I think this is by far the best addon for xbmc and really look forward to getting the live tv channels working.
Thanks!
(2013-12-08, 23:41)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-08, 23:04)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-08, 22:50)photo848 Wrote: That is from the latest master.

Code:

I'm sorry but I must be missing something, as I mentioned above these are the steps I take to reload a new master,

"I uninstalled PseudoTV Live then deleted the entire script.pseudotv.live folder which also deletes the cache folder, setting.xml and settings2.xml files. I then install from zip the new master. Update settings which includes pointing to my xmltv.xml file."

I am deleting the cache folder and everything in the script.pseudotv.live folder, I don't see a second copy of PTVL but I'll continue looking. I do have a copy of PTV could that be interfering? I thought I was following your steps correctly to delete the prior versions but maybe I am missing something? I have been grabbing what I thought is the latest master from Page 1 of this thread, should I be getting it from somewhere else? I appreciate all of your help so far and I think this is by far the best addon for xbmc and really look forward to getting the live tv channels working.
Thanks!

Dude, You are killing me... you are going to have to get help from someone else, or on your own!!

Your log is from an old copy!! since you are telling me you believe it's the latest master!! there is something wrong on your end! I gave you suggestions, wither you follow up or not is up to you.
Hope you get it working, good luck.

BTW my instructions never said to uninstall using xbmc, or to delete your settings2.xml
(2013-12-08, 23:48)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-08, 23:41)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-08, 23:04)Lunatixz Wrote: Just so you know uninstalling from xbmc doesn't clean your userdata!!!

Code:

Thanks!

Dude, You are killing me... you are going to have to get help from someone else, or on your own!!

Your log is from an old copy!! since you are telling me you believe it's the latest master!! there is something wrong on your end! I gave you suggestions, wither you follow up or not is up to you.

BTW my instructions never said to uninstall using xbmc, or to delete your settings2.xml

LOL. I had that problem before. Installing from zip seems to revert you back to an older version. Don't know why, but it does.

Step 1. Delete script.pseudotv.live-master folder..... typically.... C:/users/Yourusername/appdata/roaming/XBMC/addons/
Step 2. Copy new download script.pseudotv.live-master folder to C:/users/Yourusername/appdata/roaming/XBMC/addons/
Step 3. Delete Cache folder and settings.xml in C:/users/Yourusername/appdata/roaming/XBMC/user_data/addon_data/script.pseudotv.live
Step 4. Mix 2 parts vodka 1 part orange juice in large glass of ice.
Step 5. Profit

You publicly abandon and berate users and then ask for people to volunteer to beta test. Cant have it both ways.

I'm posting my findings while following your methods. If you'd like ill post a nice video for you so there is no doubt that the system is acting in this way. I know others have seen the issue, who knows why it exists.

I am grateful that you invest your time in this project but I am not willing to bow down to you and kiss your feet. Nobody's perfect, accept that you will be subjected to customer support scenarios when you take on this kind of effort.

I have given suggestions to ease the pain of dealing with bugs and logs by removing the need to describe a build configuration with relative terms like "latest", you ignore this and choose to struggle until the endless confudion leads you to outright tell someone the issue is "bullshit" or user error just because you don't know.

Get over yourself. Feel free to add me to your douche list. That will show me who's really king of the interwebs.
(2013-12-09, 00:58)blazin912 Wrote:

You publicly abandon and berate users and then ask for people to volunteer to beta test. Cant have it both ways.

I'm posting my findings while following your methods. If you'd like ill post a nice video for you so there is no doubt that the system is acting in this way. I know others have seen the issue, who knows why it exists.

I am grateful that you invest your time in this project but I am not willing to bow down to you and kiss your feet. Nobody's perfect, accept that you will be subjected to customer support scenarios when you take on this kind of effort.

I have given suggestions to ease the pain of dealing with bugs and logs by removing the need to describe a build configuration with relative terms like "latest", you ignore this and choose to struggle until the endless confudion leads you to outright tell someone the issue is "bullshit" or user error just because you don't know.

Get over yourself. Feel free to add me to your douche list. That will show me who's really king of the interwebs.

Man.. I don't need drama, but your posts have an attitude, you ignore suggestions and posts... you make statements that are unnecessary!! and frankly it all comes off badly. I'm no saint, but i'm trying to be patient... I'm making major changes that if users don't follow the correct install suggestion will be left with tons of problems!! You can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs... so users should read as much info as they could then post a log.

I don't need to hear how buggy it is and how you are tired of it, and going to use the older copy!! WTF!!

Plus almost all your issues were corrected already if you looked at my posts!! and your "fix" you posted, wouldn't have been necessary if you followed my directions and deleted your settings.xml.

BTW look at my track record, every user who has had a legitimate "code" related problem has had their issue resolved...
[quote='Lunatixz' pid='1569541' dateline='1386544197

Plus almost all your issues were corrected already if you looked at my posts!! and your "fix" you posted, wouldn't have been necessary if you followed my directions and deleted your settings.xml.

BTW look at my track record, every user who has had a legitimate "code" related problem has had their issue resolved...
[/quote]

Did that three times to confirm. Basically took master wiped all areas of ptvl from the machine started from scratch and it still did it.

Anyway I understand your frustration but I'm trying to help by confirming or highlighting issues. It has helped others and that's all I want to do.

Let me know if you want help polishing in the future.
(2013-12-09, 00:46)Redkiller223 Wrote:
(2013-12-08, 23:48)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-08, 23:41)photo848 Wrote: I'm sorry but I must be missing something, as I mentioned above these are the steps I take to reload a new master,

Thanks!

LOL. I had that problem before. Installing from zip seems to revert you back to an older version. Don't know why, but it does.

Step 1. Delete script.pseudotv.live-master folder..... typically.... C:/users/Yourusername/appdata/roaming/XBMC/addons/
Step 2. Copy new download script.pseudotv.live-master folder to C:/users/Yourusername/appdata/roaming/XBMC/addons/
Step 3. Delete Cache folder and settings.xml in C:/users/Yourusername/appdata/roaming/XBMC/user_data/addon_data/script.pseudotv.live
Step 4. Mix 2 parts vodka 1 part orange juice in large glass of ice.
Step 5. Profit

Thank you for the steps but since I am using Openelec the structure setup is slightly different and probably is my issue. I'll continue to try and figure this out on my own because I truly do think this is a terrific addon and applaud Luna's efforts. I am not trying to be difficult just trying to understand and correct my issue which at the moment is baffling me. Thanks again for everyone's help.
  • 105(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45