• 9(current)
PleXBMC add-on / skin integration support
My recently added shelf on main screen is now showing recently added shows in Amber (1.2.7) with plex 3.3.4 but Im using the Quartz 0.7.5 (hippojay) and it does show correctly... Is there something I can change here?
For some reason, the plexbmc on my raspberry pi takes almost 4 minutes to get into the home screen and 2 minutes to navigate between sections. I'm using the same configuration on a windows PC, and this doesn't happen. in fact, when i initially used openelec 3.2.0, the menu navigation performance was much better (about double the speed, didn't kept any logs though). Other plex clients (ipad, galaxy note 2) don't have this performance issue. Same performance with Confluence or Amber (v1.2.7) skin. I'm hoping the excerpts of the log file below is enough. i can upload the full xbmc log if it's needed. i've tried various versions of the plexbmc add-on, but all have the same issue.

raspberry pi 512MB model
openelec 3.2.4
plexbmc v3.3.4

<launch plexbmc from Videos, Add-ons>

17:47:13 T:2529162336 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
17:47:15 T:2671768672 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false

17:48:27 T:2671768672 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:50:10 T:2671768672 NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Running with cElementTree on Python 2.5+
17:50:10 T:2671768672 NOTICE: ===== PLEXBMC START =====

17:50:10 T:2671768672 NOTICE: PleXBMC -> running Python: sys.version_info(major=2, minor=7, micro=3, releaselevel='final', serial=0)
17:50:10 T:2671768672 NOTICE: PleXBMC -> running PleXBMC: 3.3.4
17:50:11 T:2671768672 NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Platform: Linux/RPi
17:50:11 T:2671768672 NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Flatten is: 0
17:50:11 T:2671768672 NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Settings streaming: 0
17:50:11 T:2671768672 NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Setting filter menus: true
17:50:11 T:2671768672 NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Setting debug to true
17:50:11 T:2671768672 NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Setting stream Control to : PLEX CONTROL (1)

<more entries>

17:52:23 T:2671768672 NOTICE: PleXBMC -> addGUIItem: Setting fan art as None with headers:
17:52:23 T:2671768672 NOTICE: ===== PLEXBMC STOP =====

<more entries>
<navigate to a specific section in plexbmc>

17:54:08 T:2520773728 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:55:02 T:2520773728 NOTICE: PleXBMC -> Running with cElementTree on Python 2.5+
17:55:02 T:2520773728 NOTICE: ===== PLEXBMC START =====
17:55:02 T:2520773728 NOTICE: PleXBMC -> running Python: sys.version_info(major=2, minor=7, micro=3, releaselevel='final', serial=0)

<more entries>

17:55:43 T:2520773728 NOTICE: PleXBMC -> addDIRItem: Setting thumbnail as special://home/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/resources/plex.png
17:55:43 T:2520773728 NOTICE: ===== PLEXBMC STOP =====
17:55:43 T:2520773728 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
No, that log is useless.

Issue is most probably on RPi side (and probably related to new build you're using). Full debug log (enable in plexbmc settings) might tell us why (strip personal info from it).

I have almost instant main menu items and shelf on mac mini. Here's a video from starting up XBMC. Divide clip time by 2 as it was just recorded with Quicktime screen capture which is at least 2 times slower than it should normally be and mind that this is slower than over the LAN as my fetching over remote login to my server being at work right now:

http://youtu.be/OMOEm-wiaGk
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-12-09, 06:32)Zekeman Wrote: My recently added shelf on main screen is now showing recently added shows in Amber (1.2.7) with plex 3.3.4 but Im using the Quartz 0.7.5 (hippojay) and it does show correctly... Is there something I can change here?

Quartz 0.7.5 - my first skin ever! Smile

Please, use Amber 1.2.7 with PleXBMC 3.3.4 or stay on Hippojay's last version 3.2.2 if you want to stick with your current skin.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko, firstly thanks for all the work that goes into such a great XBMC integration tool and let me apologize in advance for the following barrage of what are probably dumb questions. I have searched around for some of the answers already

1) Just to clarify, the plexbmc zip and git version of amber from the first post should be installed in the add-ons menu using "install from zip" correct?

2) Is the ability to add genres as main menu items from your PMS library enabled? (mostly just for Kids Movies and Movies)

3) Are the Amber mods for plexbmc integration "extractable" ?? I don't know how to ask this specifically, but basically is there or has there ever been an effort to move plexbmc integration to a set of advancedsettings or userdata-level files that would merge into main xbmc skin framework?

Thanks again
I fixed this myself. The root cause seems to be the XBMC watchdog add-on. After disabling it, the plexbmc add-on start-up speed increased a lot. Found the solution in the forum for the youtube add-on performance problem.

https://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/is...tail?id=87
(2013-12-10, 06:12)sum147 Wrote: I fixed this myself. The root cause seems to be the XBMC watchdog add-on. After disabling it, the plexbmc add-on start-up speed increased a lot. Found the solution in the forum for the youtube add-on performance problem.

https://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/is...tail?id=87

Nice find.

How are you satisfied with performance on RPi in comparison to XBMC?
From my point of view it should be on par or even slightly better, once all thumbs get cached by XBMC.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-12-10, 03:57)Dark_Slayer Wrote: pecinko, firstly thanks for all the work that goes into such a great XBMC integration tool and let me apologize in advance for the following barrage of what are probably dumb questions. I have searched around for some of the answers already

1) Just to clarify, the plexbmc zip and git version of amber from the first post should be installed in the add-ons menu using "install from zip" correct?

2) Is the ability to add genres as main menu items from your PMS library enabled? (mostly just for Kids Movies and Movies)

3) Are the Amber mods for plexbmc integration "extractable" ?? I don't know how to ask this specifically, but basically is there or has there ever been an effort to move plexbmc integration to a set of advancedsettings or userdata-level files that would merge into main xbmc skin framework?

Hippojay is the add-on author. I'm just fine-tuning and adding small bits.

1) Yes. I've just updated links.
2) By genre could be added to home side menu or used from filters.
3) Last time Hippojay asked XBMC devs were against adding it to XBMC repository for starters. A lot of time has passed since, maybe it would be different now.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

All updated on Git. Please see the first post for links.

Should fix thumbs I've broken in last update and bring holiday snowfall theme to home screenSmile
Video info screen uses Season posters instead of stretched episode thumbs now.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-12-10, 17:26)pecinko Wrote: All updated on Git. Please see the first post for links.

Should fix thumbs I've broken in last update and bring holiday snowfall theme to home screenSmile

Another update, another comment Big Grin

The changes don't seem to work for me. Neither do I see the lovely snow effect, nor do I get season posters in episode video info screen. Instead, I get no image at all, the space is just blank (i.e. the fanart from the background is visible)
Everything else works as it used to.

It's a Gotham setup.
pecinko I can't thank you enough for your work. I have finally a skin that works. I had great difficulty to enable wide covers in xbmc for Plex items. Now your screens work out of the box and they change depending on the view. Thank you.

Is it possible to have an On Deck section that combines all the On Deck sections together? Like when you see the Plex Media Manager in a browser, you get a combined On Deck with all the videos in one list.
(2013-12-10, 19:15)tube82 Wrote:
(2013-12-10, 17:26)pecinko Wrote: All updated on Git. Please see the first post for links.

The changes don't seem to work for me. Neither do I see the lovely snow effect, nor do I get season posters in episode video info screen. Instead, I get no image at all, the space is just blank (i.e. the fanart from the background is visible)

It's a Gotham setup.

And you are using latest Amber from Git? Updated today?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-12-10, 20:31)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-12-10, 19:15)tube82 Wrote:

It's a Gotham setup.

Yes, I updated from the links in the first post a few minutes before my post. After getting the described behaviour I deleted the two folders and got the versions directly from GIT, with the same results.
(2013-12-10, 21:00)tube82 Wrote:
(2013-12-10, 20:31)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-12-10, 19:15)tube82 Wrote: Another update, another comment Big Grin

It's a Gotham setup.

Yes, I updated from the links in the first post a few minutes before my post. After getting the described behaviour I deleted the two folders and got the versions directly from GIT, with the same results.

And still no snow in skin settings?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-12-10, 21:17)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-12-10, 21:00)tube82 Wrote:
(2013-12-10, 20:31)pecinko Wrote: And you are using latest Amber from Git? Updated today?

And still no snow in skin settings?

Okay, my fault. Didn't realize it was a skin setting. Snow works Smile That means I just have the problem with no image showing in episode video info.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PleXBMC add-on / skin integration support2