• 109(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
I can confirm the bug regarding the fanart and placeholder fanart covering the movie fanart in the EPG.
Could anyone please upload PTV Live 0.1.0 if they still have it, I want to test something that is not working at the moment.
Hi luna,
I'm still having trouble with LiveTV. I'm using a stream that i know works.
Log is here:
http://pastebin.com/N3x1a4J4

It says it is parsing the channel when I force a reset but nothing comes through in the guide. Also if i remove all other channels except this one I just get the black screen. I have the override stream option selected. I have the system pointed at the XMLTV.xml location.
I installed the 0.2.0 version today by deleting the exsiting version from my addon folder as well as deleting the settings.xml and the cache. Then copied the new master 0.2.0 into the addon folder.

Any divine inspiration from the looks of my logfile? Hopefully I'm not doing anything stupid - I don't think i am.... but then thats just what a stupid person would say Smile
Cheers
Hi Guys, I posted this in a seperate thread but probably better to put this in here?

<setting id="Channel_10_type" value="9" />
<setting id="Channel_10_1" value="5400" />
<setting id="Channel_10_2" value="plugin://plugin.video.vevo/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.vevo.com%2Fmobile%2Fv1%2Fvideo%2Flist.json%3F%26order%3DMo​stViewedThisWeek&amp;mode=playAll&amp;page=1" />
<setting id="Channel_10_3" value="VevoTV" />
<setting id="Channel_10_4" value="Sit back and enjoy a 24/7 stream of music videos on VEVO TV." />
<setting id="Channel_10_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_10_changed" value="True" />
<setting id="Channel_10_time" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_10_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_10_rule_1_opt_1" value="VevoTV" />

Can anyone advise where I am going wrong here? Is the plugin specification syntactically correct? Also as this technically calls a playlist saved to favourites should this still be channeltype 9?

Thanks
(2013-12-10, 17:42)Daavid Wrote: Hi luna,
I'm still having trouble with LiveTV. I'm using a stream that i know works.
Log is here:
http://pastebin.com/N3x1a4J4

It says it is parsing the channel when I force a reset but nothing comes through in the guide. Also if i remove all other channels except this one I just get the black screen. I have the override stream option selected. I have the system pointed at the XMLTV.xml location.
I installed the 0.2.0 version today by deleting the exsiting version from my addon folder as well as deleting the settings.xml and the cache. Then copied the new master 0.2.0 into the addon folder.

Any divine inspiration from the looks of my logfile? Hopefully I'm not doing anything stupid - I don't think i am.... but then thats just what a stupid person would say Smile
Cheers

I don't see anything wrong. That log was from a blackscreen?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
That log was from a 2 channel settings - one was a local playlist, the other was the online stream. The stream said it was parsing LiveTV, then didn't actually generate the channel. Give me a second here, I'll update the settings so it is only the online stream so it black screens and send you the log. Back in a second!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back! Here is the log when it black screens:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_JiSJa...sp=sharing

Couldn't post to pastebin as it exceeded the 500KB limit.
(2013-12-10, 22:23)Daavid Wrote: That log was from a 2 channel settings - one was a local playlist, the other was the online stream. The stream said it was parsing LiveTV, then didn't actually generate the channel. Give me a second here, I'll update the settings so it is only the online stream so it black screens and send you the log. Back in a second!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your log looks similar to a problem I had. Check your xmltv file. I think you are only pulling in episodes that have already ended. Open xmltv file up and check the time/dates of the shows. Usually it will look like, "start="20131208223500 -0600"" (12-08-2013).

If you are using the mc2xml program, try running it with a -d parameter of 60. Also helps to edit the channels you are pulling down with a .chl file.
Had trouble searching if this was addressed or not:

RSS Feeds without a "media:thumbnail" atttribute?

I fixed this on my end by performing the following modification -

Code:
try:
                            thumburl = feed.entries[i].media_thumbnail[0]['url']
                    except:
                        self.log("createRSSFileList, Invalid media_thumbnail")
                        return

to:
Code:
try:
                        if 'media_thumbnail' in feed.entries[i]:
                            thumburl = feed.entries[i].media_thumbnail[0]['url']
                    except:
                        self.log("createRSSFileList, Invalid media_thumbnail")
                        return

Starting at line 2823 in ChannelList.py. I don't have generate strms/nfos on, this may bomb out if you have that enabled, figured I'd post this tip.

Without this TWiT.tv feeds, and others, which do not have the media_thumbnail attribute will not load.
(2013-12-10, 23:43)tomservo Wrote:
(2013-12-10, 22:23)Daavid Wrote: That log was from a 2 channel settings - one was a local playlist, the other was the online stream. The stream said it was parsing LiveTV, then didn't actually generate the channel. Give me a second here, I'll update the settings so it is only the online stream so it black screens and send you the log. Back in a second!!!

Your log looks similar to a problem I had. Check your xmltv file. I think you are only pulling in episodes that have already ended. Open xmltv file up and check the time/dates of the shows. Usually it will look like, "start="20131208223500 -0600"" (12-08-2013).

If you are using the mc2xml program, try running it with a -d parameter of 60. Also helps to edit the channels you are pulling down with a .chl file.

Holy friggin sh*t - That worked! Thanks a lot buddy!! And thanks Luna again for such excellent work!!
(2013-12-10, 23:57)Daavid Wrote:
(2013-12-10, 23:43)tomservo Wrote:

Holy friggin sh*t - That worked! Thanks a lot buddy!! And thanks Luna again for such excellent work!!

haha, drove me crazy too. Yea that OLD tag in the log is a dead giveaway.
(2013-12-10, 23:48)blazin912 Wrote: Had trouble searching if this was addressed or not:

RSS Feeds without a "media:thumbnail" atttribute?

I fixed this on my end by performing the following modification -

Starting at line 2823 in ChannelList.py. I don't have generate strms/nfos on, this may bomb out if you have that enabled, figured I'd post this tip.

Without this TWiT.tv feeds, and others, which do not have the media_thumbnail attribute will not load.

Thanks, but don't invest to much time on youtube or rss code, when i'm finished with my gui enhancements i'm planning on a complete rewrite..
(2013-12-11, 00:00)tomservo Wrote:
(2013-12-10, 23:57)Daavid Wrote:
(2013-12-10, 23:43)tomservo Wrote: Your log looks similar to a problem I had. Check your xmltv file. I think you are only pulling in episodes that have already ended. Open xmltv file up and check the time/dates of the shows. Usually it will look like, "start="20131208223500 -0600"" (12-08-2013).

So your xmltv file only had "OLD" data and it black screened? and didn't prompt unable to populate channel?
(2013-12-11, 00:18)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-11, 00:00)tomservo Wrote:
(2013-12-10, 23:57)Daavid Wrote: Holy friggin sh*t - That worked! Thanks a lot buddy!! And thanks Luna again for such excellent work!!

So your xmltv file only had "OLD" data and it black screened? and didn't prompt unable to populate channel?

Well the behavior on mine and I assume on Daavid's, it doesn't 'blackscreen' perse. The channel just doesn't populate. If you have other content it loads ok, just the channel that has the 'live tv' doesn't load or show in the EPG. I assume it has to do with how the playlist parses the time/dates of the xmltv.
(2013-12-11, 00:28)tomservo Wrote:
(2013-12-11, 00:00)tomservo Wrote: haha, drove me crazy too. Yea that OLD tag in the log is a dead giveaway.

Well the behavior on mine and I assume on Daavid's, it doesn't 'blackscreen' perse. The channel just doesn't populate. If you have other content it loads ok, just the channel that has the 'live tv' doesn't load or show in the EPG. I assume it has to do with how the playlist parses the time/dates of the xmltv.

Okay... I'm just trying to write exceptions to avoid black screens when an error occurs... If a channel is missing then my exceptions are working (an error triggered the channel to be ignored rather then kill the whole process).
(2013-12-11, 00:28)tomservo Wrote:
(2013-12-11, 00:00)tomservo Wrote: haha, drove me crazy too. Yea that OLD tag in the log is a dead giveaway.

Same behavior here, though if I only had the channel in question in the settings2.xml - then it black screened.
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45