OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
Gotham build: #0812b
Latest published so far by Milhouse

Regards
(2013-12-10, 23:57)xpman Wrote: Gotham build: #0812b
Latest published so far by Milhouse

Regards

Hi xpman,

I'm on a millhouse build ( i think it is two back from the most up to date)
My entire cd collection is ripped to FLAC, and it plays just fine!
The only problem I still have is keeping the audio device ''alive'' - i.e the first few milliseconds of audio in each track sometimes is missed- even with the setting changed in OE.
I use an A/V receiver, play over HDMI, and have no other special settings I can think of Smile

Cheers

Pootler
@pootler
does the "hdmi_force_open=1" in config.txt fix it?
mine has been fine with 3.2.3 with that option set.
(I know xbmc wantted to try and set it from GUI, but might be good to test as well)
Millhouse, nfs isn't working properly in latest build, library update doesn't scan for new content. Is there a fix for this?

thanks
-joe
(2013-12-11, 03:38)unclejoe01 Wrote: Millhouse, nfs isn't working properly in latest build, library update doesn't scan for new content. Is there a fix for this?

Was fixed yesterday:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3772

so I don't think it's in Milhouse's last build.
(2013-12-11, 03:41)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-12-11, 03:38)unclejoe01 Wrote: Millhouse, nfs isn't working properly in latest build, library update doesn't scan for new content. Is there a fix for this?

Was fixed yesterday:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3772

so I don't think it's in Milhouse's last build.

I did include a version of that PR in 0812b, but which didn't appear to work, however what has finally been committed may have changed so I'll upload a new build shortly.

@popcornmix - can you rebase your newclock3 branch as it looks as though one or two other commits have gone in to master that are now causing conflicts (eg. 79aee04c3aa8fb0dd4c05cfde84cd13318fed84a which is using the same msgctxt as your texture/GUI res changes). Many thanks!
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-12-11, 03:10)javaboyuk Wrote: @pootler
does the "hdmi_force_open=1" in config.txt fix it?
mine has been fine with 3.2.3 with that option set.
(I know xbmc wantted to try and set it from GUI, but might be good to test as well)

thanks
javaboy,

will try that

pootler
(2013-12-11, 07:53)MilhouseVH Wrote: @popcornmix - can you rebase your newclock3 branch as it looks as though one or two other commits have gone in to master that are now causing conflicts (eg. 79aee04c3aa8fb0dd4c05cfde84cd13318fed84a which is using the same msgctxt as your texture/GUI res changes). Many thanks!

Rebased.
(2013-12-08, 13:54)doveman2 Wrote: On both my brother's and my own RPi, every time we boot it says "New CEC Adapter detected" even though we both have CEC set to disabled. Is there any way to stop this happening, as it's mildly annoying?
Have you tried putting the following in /flash/config.txt?

Code:
hdmi_ignore_cec=1

I've not tried it myself, I just came across it on http://elinux.org/RPiconfig#Video_mode_options
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
(2013-12-11, 15:16)Leopold Wrote: Have you tried putting the following in /flash/config.txt?

Code:
hdmi_ignore_cec=1

I've not tried it myself, I just came across it on http://elinux.org/RPiconfig#Video_mode_options

I can confirm the option has no effect on the notification, which still appears when XBMC starts (with CEC disabled).

(2013-12-11, 14:36)popcornmix Wrote: Rebased.

Many thanks!
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-12-11, 15:34)MilhouseVH Wrote: I can confirm the option has no effect on the notification, which still appears when XBMC starts (with CEC disabled).

Try the below. I have it and TV doesn't change to OE when started. Also in XBMC CEC settings disable set active source.

Code:
hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1
(2013-12-11, 15:59)suku_patel_22 Wrote:
(2013-12-11, 15:34)MilhouseVH Wrote: I can confirm the option has no effect on the notification, which still appears when XBMC starts (with CEC disabled).

Try the below. I have it and TV doesn't change to OE when started. Also in XBMC CEC settings disable set active source.

Code:
hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1

Nope, I'm still gtetting the CEC notification with the above setting. Also tried disabling "Set active source", and still get the notification.

The thing is, when the CEC peripheral is marked as disabled, it should remain disabled, without any further notifications. There shouldn't be any need to disable additional settings (or tweak the config) - just disabling the peripheral should be sufficient to shut it up! Smile

Minor nit: the Enabled option really should be the first setting in the CEC Settings page - not buried half-way down.

Edit: Looking at the text of the notification - "New device configured: CEC Adapter" - I wonder if it's xbmc that is kicking out the notification,rather the CEC peripheral/driver itself.

openlec.tv is offline again, so not likely to get a new build out today (going to be busy later). Will try again tomorrow.
Re: CEC issues. Several commits today: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/master
(2013-12-11, 16:27)MilhouseVH Wrote: Edit: Looking at the text of the notification - "New device configured: CEC Adapter" - I wonder if it's xbmc that is kicking out the notification,rather the CEC peripheral/driver itself.

I think that is the key point. The notification shows a CEC adaptor is detected, not a CEC device.
Initially that would have been added to support the Pulse-Eight USB CEC dongle, and the notification shows that the dongle is detected okay.

For a USB dongle, that makes sense. You want to know it is detected okay. If you wanted it disabled, you'd presumably unplug it.

But raspberry pi you can't unplug it. It is always there.
I can check if returning fail from vc_cec_set_passive stops the notification, and then make hdmi_ignore_cec cause that to happen.
Thanks for the suggestion Leopold and thanks MilhouseVH for testing and saving me the bother Wink
  • 123(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223