• 126(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2013-12-14, 12:47)webjib Wrote: Just to let you know I've got a bug with USB drive attached to the Pi with recent MilHouseVH version. The drive is mounted, but partially, this is weird. Only the first folder of my USB drive is available (SAMBA or SSH).

Build from 24 november is the latest one that has not the bug.
I've also tested "official" dev builds (http://openelec.thestateofme.com/dev_builds/) and the build 16552 does not have the issue, so I guess one of the patches are causing the bug ?

debug log (wiki)? Maybe seeing any error might give a clue, as right now I can't think which patch should be causing this behaviour.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-12-14, 09:32)rbej Wrote: Rbej Version Xbmc Frodo 12.3

- based on OpenElec 3.2.4

- Xbmc Frodo 12.3

- sync with Popcornmix "frodo_rbp_backports" branch https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/tree/..._backports

- 67 other patches (taken from Xbmc Gotham 13 and Popcornmix "newclock3" branch)

- FFmpeg 1.2.4

- librtmp 10.22.2013

- latest Rpi firmware

- PVR add-ons updated to Frodo 12.3

- new CEC 2.1.4

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej

Thanks Rbej. Welcome back !!!
Thumbs Up 
I've been enjoying OpenELEC on my rPi and recently started trying some of these test builds. Wow! Really looking forward to the Gotham release! Thanks to all involved Smile
How do you installed the update without resetting the Pi and his settings? :<

Thanks for your work btw!
(2013-10-19, 19:54)hudo Wrote: I'm building popcornmix's newclock3 right now. Might aswell share it when it finishes.

No rbej's patches, do. Clean newclock3.

(2013-12-14, 17:40)robby1337 Wrote: How do you installed the update without resetting the Pi and his settings? :<

Upload the files in the target folder to you Pi with WINscp and put them in the .update map. Then reboot
(2013-12-14, 17:47)misa Wrote: Upload the files in the target folder to you Pi with WINscp and put them in the .update map. Then reboot

thanks for your fast reply. Whats the .update map and where can i find it? Im only need to set the path to the installation files there?
(2013-12-14, 17:47)misa Wrote:
(2013-12-14, 17:40)robby1337 Wrote: How do you installed the update without resetting the Pi and his settings? :<

Upload the files in the target folder to you Pi with WINscp and put them in the .update map. Then reboot

Or if you're using Windows and have SMB enabled on the RPi, go to Start Menu - Run and enter \\192.168.1.65\Update (edit the IP address to match your RPi) and then paste the files into the folder that way.
That doesnt work, no SMB here Smile
Wheres this update map you mean? Just tell me the file i have to edit, guess i find the rest Big Grin

thanks in advance!
(2013-12-14, 18:00)robby1337 Wrote: That doesnt work, no SMB here Smile
Wheres this update map you mean? Just tell me the file i have to edit, guess i find the rest Big Grin

thanks in advance!

/storage/.update

When you don't have it, you have to create one

There's two methods, recent Gotham builds support a much easier update process.

If you're updating an OpenELEC 3.x build:
1. Open Explorer on your Windows PC, enter the ip address of your Pi (ie. \\192.168.0.8) and open the Update folder
2. Download the tar file and open it with 7zip
3. Navigate to the "target" folder and copy the four files to the Update folder on your Pi
4. Reboot the Pi, and wait for it to update itself with the new build

If you're updating a recent OpenELEC 4.x/Gotham build:
1. Open Explorer on your Windows PC, enter the ip address of your Pi (ie. \\192.168.0.8) and open the Update folder
2. Download the tar file and copy it to the Update folder on your Pi
3. Reboot the Pi and wait for it to update itself with the new build

(2013-12-14, 18:00)robby1337 Wrote: That doesnt work, no SMB here Smile

Sure you do, OpenELEC exports a bunch of SMB shares as standard. If you can't access the Pi via SMB because you lack a machine that understands SMB/CIFS, then you'll need to access the Update folder using it's Linux location which is /storage/.update.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@MilhouseVH, @mippa and others
There's some new code on:
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/tree/piaudio_sink
that may be ready for testing.

This is using ActiveAE engine with a Pi specific sink.
It also enables paplayer for audio. This means that features like gapless audio (cross fading) and replaygain should work.
Also GUI sounds will be using this.

I've been working with FernetMenta the last few days and he's made some AE improvements that makes this look promising.
(And there's plans for a bit more optimisation to come).

I'm thinking about making this the default in the future, but want to check if performance is okay, and there are no stutters, glitches or lagginess on audio.
Video playback will still use omxplayer, and should behave as before.

Your advancedsettings.xml should look like:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <defaultplayer>omxplayer</defaultplayer>
    <defaultdvdplayer>omxplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
  </video>
  <audio>
    <defaultplayer>paplayer</defaultplayer>
  </audio>
</advancedsettings>

(You may find currently the default audioplayer is set to omxplayer).
I´ll make a build shortly, however, would it work rebasing these commits on top of newclock3? This to try to get more testers, also to let users like me (who don´t use music library) to run it full time and report any other issues.
(2013-12-14, 20:20)miappa Wrote: I´ll make a build shortly, however, would it work rebasing these commits on top of newclock3? This to try to get more testers, also to let users like me (who don´t use music library) to run it full time and report any other issues.

It should apply to newclock3, but you probably want to remove "[rbp] Add support for gui sounds to PiAudio backend" which may conflict.
Is this of any use?

http://blog.pulse-eight.com/2013/12/14/l...-released/
(2013-12-14, 21:02)misa Wrote: Is this of any use?

http://blog.pulse-eight.com/2013/12/14/l...-released/

Should be. There are fixes for a number of cec issues on github.
I don't think OpenELEC have updated yet, but rbej mentioned his recent Frodo had libCEC 2.1.4.
  • 126(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223