• 114(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Any non-english TV watching users here that can share their experience with XML and PTV, as I saw no reply to my post after being asked to post my log.
Hello,

When I use the latest version no local tv channels I enter appear, AMC, BBC, etc. However, I've just installed the stable zip, from a few posts back, and they've started appearing. Am I missing something with the latest version? I haven't seen any other posts about this.

12:17:36 T:4752 ERROR: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: Unable to get information about channel 1

Is the error I can see related to the local TV channel I've added. Example channels provided, and a playlist based channel I've added, all work fine.

Anyway, I attach the log, when running the latest version, for your pleasure. I'm quite happy playing around with the older version.

http://pastebin.com/HC4s88u4

I'm running Frodo 12.2 on Windows 7 x64.

Cheers
(2013-12-14, 15:52)Rastan Wrote: Hi again,

I just tried out the latest PTVL on my computer downstairs. I get a script failed error and it won't even start up. I can only imagine how busy you are over there with coding, life and the upcoming holiday season. Hopefully if you have a sec you could take a look at the LOG and see what is wrong.

Check that you have the required plugin modules installed. Post 1
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Luna, is it possible to default to a given channel upon startup instead of the last one on exit? This would work around my previous problem.
Please enable debugging under Misc in PTVL settings before sending logs...

Please read
(2013-12-14, 19:40)MovieJunky Wrote: Any non-english TV watching users here that can share their experience with XML and PTV, as I saw no reply to my post after being asked to post my log.

You were asked to run a scan on your epg,xml, instead you sent it to me?

You need to follow the instructions I gave you, then I can help... go back and read my replies Smile

(2013-12-14, 15:52)MrsAngelD Wrote: Actually I'm having a bit of an issue, for some reason the "guide" isn't properly displaying

As you can see it's only showing one TV Show per channel I'm not sure why. It only appears to happen with TV channels. I'm using the latest version of master.

Here's my log http://paste.ubuntu.com/6572376/

[edit]
Oh and suggestion Big Grin I have been able to interleave youtube channels which works great, so I can have say the onion yt channel & cinema sins playing on one channel. But I notice when I hit the info button, it doesn't say what channel the video is on, so maybe you could possibly add that info to the info overlay in some way. Just a thought
[/edit]

Looking into it, but you need to enable debugging in PTVL, follow instruction in previous post.
Having a slight issue with playing local media. In the original PseudoTV plugin, I used to be able to "Play Shows In Order" so that S01E01 would always be followed by S01E02 and so on. Now when I chose to have a channel play shows in order, that doesn't happen, instead I end up with say S01E01 followed by S01E05.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this the expected behavior?
I don't see an option to enable debugging under misc all I see is an option to over ride stream validation as well as an option to optimize config. So I enabled XBMC debugging and am hoping that will give you the information that you need.

Also something I notices while creating this log, In most cases, switching to one of the affected channels seemed to fix the guide. But when I switched to the channel it didn't play what was listed instead played something else in the genre. Once it did that If I hit info then the guild appeared to show the proper info for that channel. However this "fix" only seemed to work for the first few channels I tried the last two it didn't appear to have any affect.

So here's my newly generated log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/6576504/
(2013-12-15, 00:43)wrbranch83 Wrote: Having a slight issue with playing local media. In the original PseudoTV plugin, I used to be able to "Play Shows In Order" so that S01E01 would always be followed by S01E02 and so on. Now when I chose to have a channel play shows in order, that doesn't happen, instead I end up with say S01E01 followed by S01E05.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this the expected behavior?

Yes, I have the same problem with Six Feet Under.
(2013-12-15, 08:11)MrsAngelD Wrote: I don't see an option to enable debugging under misc all I see is an option to over ride stream validation as well as an option to optimize config. So I enabled XBMC debugging and am hoping that will give you the information that you need.

Also something I notices while creating this log, In most cases, switching to one of the affected channels seemed to fix the guide. But when I switched to the channel it didn't play what was listed instead played something else in the genre. Once it did that If I hit info then the guild appeared to show the proper info for that channel. However this "fix" only seemed to work for the first few channels I tried the last two it didn't appear to have any affect.

Hi. You switch on debugging in the main xbmc settings, not the ptvl settings.
(2013-12-15, 12:39)Daavid Wrote:
(2013-12-15, 08:11)MrsAngelD Wrote: I don't see an option to enable debugging under misc all I see is an option to over ride stream validation as well as an option to optimize config. So I enabled XBMC debugging and am hoping that will give you the information that you need.

Hi. You switch on debugging in the main xbmc settings, not the ptvl settings.

Well I guess I'm good then because my last paste is my log with debugging enabled Smile
I'm having a problem with both the stable version and latest not adding an strm channel, type 9, via smb. Stream plays fine directly in XBMC, but seems to be ignored when adding as a channel.

Debug turned on, sharing permissions setup on feeds folder, and logs captured for latest addon version.

http://pastebin.com/dnxx12py

Default feeds, and a TV Network channel I've added work fine.

Any ideas why it's not being added?

Thanks for the help.
(2013-12-15, 17:33)ffathead Wrote: I'm having a problem with both the stable version and latest not adding an strm channel, type 9, via smb. Stream plays fine directly in XBMC, but seems to be ignored when adding as a channel.

Debug turned on, sharing permissions setup on feeds folder, and logs captured for latest addon version.

Thanks for the help.

I had a similar problem adding strm files I followed the instructions here and was able to get them working, you might try it and see if it fixes your issue as well.
(2013-12-15, 17:45)MrsAngelD Wrote:
(2013-12-15, 17:33)ffathead Wrote: I'm having a problem with both the stable version and latest not adding an strm channel, type 9, via smb. Stream plays fine directly in XBMC, but seems to be ignored when adding as a channel.

Thanks for the help.

I had a similar problem adding strm files I followed the instructions here and was able to get them working, you might try it and see if it fixes your issue as well.

Thanks for the reply. I've been through that guide already, as it's a live stream I created an nfo for it by hand, but maybe there's a problem with it. I've got the channels working by setting up an XMLTV feed instead. Happy now.

Very cool add-on; though I should probably spend more time outside...

Cheers all.
(2013-12-14, 21:25)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-14, 15:52)Rastan Wrote: Hi again,

I just tried out the latest PTVL on my computer downstairs. I get a script failed error and it won't even start up. I can only imagine how busy you are over there with coding, life and the upcoming holiday season. Hopefully if you have a sec you could take a look at the LOG and see what is wrong.

Check that you have the required plugin modules installed. Post 1

Oops.. My bad. You were correct it needed something that was missing from my addons folder. It's working now, thanks again Big Grin
  • 114(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45