• 131(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2013-12-16, 21:45)doveman2 Wrote: My brother reports he's having a problem with playing videos with external subtitle files, where at the start of the movie, it shows ALL the subtitles in a rush but then when the first person starts to talk, they settle down and get in sync. He's on 16442 still, same as me. Have there been any fixes since that would stop this happening? If not, is this a known problem that's being looked at?

Like this: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3800
Yes, the fix is in latest builds.
(2013-12-16, 21:51)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-12-16, 21:45)doveman2 Wrote: My brother reports he's having a problem with playing videos with external subtitle files, where at the start of the movie, it shows ALL the subtitles in a rush but then when the first person starts to talk, they settle down and get in sync. He's on 16442 still, same as me. Have there been any fixes since that would stop this happening? If not, is this a known problem that's being looked at?

Like this: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3800
Yes, the fix is in latest builds.

Ah cool, thanks. He doesn't use TV on his RPi, so it won't matter to him if there's some EPG/TV bugs in the latest builds, so I'll upgrade him to resolve his subtitles issue Smile
OK, tested #1512c for myself. I tested with 16442 first and for me, all that happened was i would show a single subtitle line at the start which would stay there until the first speech, when the correct subtitle appeared. I tested with several videos and they all looked like this but I guess it must depend on the file as to what happens.

Anyway, that problem's gone with the latest build Smile

I noticed that opening avis seems to take a long while, which has always been an issue I recall but I haven't tried again for a while before today. Some were 10s, one was about 15s - Nan Shao starting at:
23:30:00 114.300507 T:3044807184 DEBUG: OnPlayMedia nfs://192.168.1.64/Media/Movies/Movies to Watch/Action/Invincible Shaolin (1978)/Nan Shao Lin yu bei Shao Lin (1978).avi

It might be related to there being subs but I think some of the others I tested with (in the log) also had subs and some opened quicker (about 5s). Playing mkvs all started almost instantly (2-3s) whether they had subs or not. It would be great if opening avis could be made just as quick.

Another one only played audio and stayed on the file list and when I pressed the fullscreen button it showed the spinning disc/Now Playing screen, so it seemed to think the avi was an audio file - Dao (The Blade) starting at:
:31:13 187.596313 T:3044807184 DEBUG: OnPlayMedia nfs://192.168.1.64/Media/Movies/Movies to Watch/Action/Dao (The Blade) (1995).avi).

I ran into a problem after updating where all videos just gave a black screen and no sound, only flashing up a frame when I stopped or skipped but it turned out that the update had changed my audio from analog to HDMI and once I changed that back it was fine again.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=98306
(2013-12-15, 19:36)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-12-15, 16:36)Koloss Wrote: Is my Setting ok?

Your settings are fine.

How about mine? It's been a while since I looked at them so there might be something that shouldn't be in there any longer. I compared it to the system one just now and removed anything that was in that, other than stuff that I know I want to change, such as the fanartres and network timeouts. The main ones I'm not sure about are streamsilence and limiterhold.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<advancedsettings>
<fanartres>540</fanartres>
<imageres>256</imageres>

<lookandfeel>
   <guires>720</guires>
</lookandfeel>

<video>
   <excludefromlisting>
    <regexp>[!-._ \\/](?-i)(flash|USB_16GB|SD2)[-._ \\/]</regexp> <!-- Hide the System and Storage folders on openelec -->
   </excludefromlisting>
   <timeseekforwardbig>180</timeseekforwardbig>
   <timeseekbackwardbig>-180</timeseekbackwardbig>
  </video>

<audio>
   <excludefromlisting>
    <regexp>[!-._ \\/](?-i)(flash|USB_16GB|SD2)[-._ \\/]</regexp> <!-- Hide the System and Storage folders on openelec -->
   </excludefromlisting>
   <streamsilence>false</streamsilence>
   <limiterhold>100</limiterhold>
  </audio>

<pictureexcludes>
    <regexp>[!-._ \\/](?-i)(flash|USB_16GB|SD2)[-._ \\/]</regexp>
  </pictureexcludes>

<network>
    <alwaysforcebuffer>0</alwaysforcebuffer>
    <limitcacherate>false</limitcacherate>
    <curlclienttimeout>10</curlclienttimeout>
  </network>

<samba>
   <clienttimeout>10</clienttimeout>
  </samba>

<pvr>
   <showepginfoonselect>false</showepginfoonselect>
  </pvr>

<locale>
        <audiolanguage>original</audiolanguage>
        <charset>DEFAULT</charset>
        <country>UK (24h)</country>
        <language>English</language>
        <subtitlelanguage>original</subtitlelanguage>
     <timezone>Europe/London</timezone>
        <timezonecountry>Britain (UK)</timezonecountry>
    </locale>

</advancedsettings>
My IR remote control doesn't work in the Gotham.

I just tried the latest nightly build and found my Harmony remote with a $0.075 IR receiver no longer functions. It worked perfectly in Frodo. I'm hoping it's a simple config change to fix it, but have been unable to find anything. I even tried using a USB IR receiver and a MCE remote without success. The config stuff for IR remotes seems to no longer be in settings.

Any ideas?
(2013-12-17, 01:50)doveman2 Wrote: I ran into a problem after updating where all videos just gave a black screen and no sound, only flashing up a frame when I stopped or skipped but it turned out that the update had changed my audio from analog to HDMI and once I changed that back it was fine again.

Same here, only difference is that I use HDMI to HDTV.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2013-12-17, 10:51)xbs08 Wrote:
(2013-12-17, 01:50)doveman2 Wrote: I ran into a problem after updating where all videos just gave a black screen and no sound, only flashing up a frame when I stopped or skipped but it turned out that the update had changed my audio from analog to HDMI and once I changed that back it was fine again.

Same here, only difference is that I use HDMI to HDTV.

I presume you mean that you use the analog for audio though, otherwise the audio switching to HDMI wouldn't be a problem (in fact it would already be on HDMI)?

I'm using the HDMI for video output (to a DVI input on my TV) and analog for audio, so if that's what you're doing then our setups are exactly the same.
I mean the video black screen and no sound, only flashing up whrn stop is pressed.

I use hdmi audio already so that "change" would not affect me.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2013-12-17, 12:27)xbs08 Wrote: I mean the video black screen and no sound, only flashing up whrn stop is pressed.

I use hdmi audio already so that "change" would not affect me.

Ah OK, I see. I guess it must be a bug when using HDMI audio then, not just if it's set to HDMI audio when it should be set to analog (in my case, I'm using a HDMI switch with a HDMI->DVI lead to the TV, so there's no way for the audio to get to the TV via HDMI).

I guess you could try changing it to analog, even if you don't have it connected, to check whether that fixes it, which would at least confirm that is the problem.
@popcornmix

Is there any plans for using F2FS filesystem?

Is OE using Journaling? Can we disable it?

TIA

(2013-12-17, 02:32)doveman2 Wrote: How about mine?

Seems OK, you can probably lose the "<streamsilence>" settings as that is now supported in the GUI settings. Same for "<guires>".

Do you still need to set a manual timezone? I've never had this problem (I'm in the UK too).

(2013-12-17, 15:11)xbs08 Wrote: Is there any plans for using F2FS filesystem?

The adoption of FT2S would be down to the OpenELEC development team. It's enabled in current development builds (including mine) but there don't appear to be any fsck tools. As long as you can create the /storage partition with f2fs on another machine, there's a possibility it may work. Let us know. Smile

(2013-12-17, 15:11)xbs08 Wrote: Is OE using Journaling? Can we disable it?

OpenELEC will happily use ext2, ext3 or ext4 for your /storage partition so if you want to disable journaling switch to ext2 or disable journaling in ext3/ext4.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
OK, I'll pop the question over at the OE forums.

I'll try EXT4 with disabled journaling and see if improves performance.

Thanks

I updated my post with a link to a github discussion, f2fs is already supported in the development builds, let us know if it works.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Will try F2FS too. Thanks.

(2013-12-17, 15:34)xbs08 Wrote: I'll try EXT4 with disabled journaling and see if improves performance.
Would that not make corruption more likely?
  • 131(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223