• 11(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
Any plans for custom player/browser option? I have a autohotkey based launcher that i would like to use.
v1.1.8:
- Fixed site changes (title)

I currently have no way to test the addon myself... Does v1.1.8 fixed the 't' issue?

(2013-12-18, 03:40)DaAwesomeP Wrote:
(2013-12-18, 03:16)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: XBMC has nothing to do with it. These are 2 complete different things.

Ok, go to settings and enable the Web Control feature. Go to it in your browser. This is how many many many external applications and remotes control XBMC.
But XBMC does not need to be controlled - the Silverlight Player does...

(2013-12-18, 03:40)DaAwesomeP Wrote: If there isn't a way to take direct access of these controls, then would it be possible to create a dummy video or a single-image slideshow. This way the XBMC player would be running. You could then track the events of the player and control Netflix.
There is no general way to pass keystrokes from xbmc to another process. Also, per default, only the active/focused process can collect keystrokes. If the browser/silverlight player is active/focused, xbmc could not collect and passthrough keystrokes...

(2013-12-18, 03:40)DaAwesomeP Wrote: One last unrelated yet important note: I noticed on Linux that the default path for Chromium does not work. I had to manually set it to:
There is no default path for Chromium: "If Chrome was installed in a custom directory (or you want to use Chromium instead of Chrome), you can choose the path via the addon settings."

(2013-12-18, 09:30)forawesome Wrote: Also, when the video pops up, my taskbar and mouse cursor are still visible. Any way to make those go away? Thanks again!
It depends on the os/browser and taskbar settings you are using.
To hide the mouse, you can use the Control Utility (Win) / xdotools (Linux) / cliclick (OSX).
See first post...

(2013-12-18, 09:50)TerranQ Wrote: I've been trying to get this going for a couple weeks off and on now, and I'm stumped. I keep getting script failed errors. The logs always show the same thing:
For some reason you have problems accessing the https login page.
I googled it, and most problems seem to be connected to the python version or a used proxy.
If you have a proxy enabled, deactivate it (perhaps it does not support https).
Another thing you could try is updating your XBMC version (or at least your python version).

(2013-12-18, 16:45)mrpickles Wrote: I just tried this out and it is awesome! I control my htpc with a 360 controller. Will support for this be added?
I have no 360 controller - so i can't implement (test) it, sorry.
Maybe i can borrow one, so i can have a look at it...

(2013-12-18, 17:59)robbyyyyyy Wrote: I installed the repo, chromelauncher and NetfliXBMC
I entered my account information and I can browse through the content

When i click on a video to watch it shows a loading wheel then nothing happens. Nothing loads
It does pull metadata for each episode/movie. and it recognizes that I am logged in
Please make sure that launching sites via Chrome Launcher is working.
If you have problems with it, please use the Chrome Launcher thread.
You get no error message? Maybe Chrome gets launched in the background.
Make sure you are not using <alwaysontop>true</alwaysontop> in your advancedsettings.xml...

(2013-12-18, 23:37)marsilainen Wrote: Any plans for custom player/browser option? I have a autohotkey based launcher that i would like to use.
Chrome, Safari and IExplorer are currently supported. Firefox sometimes has problems with video playback in fullscreen mode.
Just let me know what browser you wanna use (and what advantages it has)...
(2013-12-19, 02:37)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2013-12-18, 03:40)DaAwesomeP Wrote: One last unrelated yet important note: I noticed on Linux that the default path for Chromium does not work. I had to manually set it to:
There is no default path for Chromium: "If Chrome was installed in a custom directory (or you want to use Chromium instead of Chrome), you can choose the path via the addon settings."

Google Chrome does not exist on Linux!!! Chromium must be used instead. Your launcher appears to arok fine with it, as it is really the same version of Chrome, just less Google security tweaks and not specifically endorsed by Google. Please fix this. This would also help XBMCbuntu users.

Check out this post: http://productforums.google.com/d/msg/ch...Cqstg9p34J. The default location is:
Code:
/usr/lib/chromium-browser
This is what worked for me.
XBMC Kodi is awesome!
(2013-12-19, 02:37)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: v1.1.8:
- Fixed site changes (title)

I currently have no way to test the addon myself... Does v1.1.8 fixed the 't' issue?

First off, thank you very much for your time and effort, this addon is awesome. I just loaded v1.1.8 but the the "t" issue is still present.
That would be awesome if you could test the 360 controller! I would send mine over if I didn't use it everyday, haha

And for me, the 't' is still present as well street the update
(2013-12-19, 04:23)DaAwesomeP Wrote:

Google Chrome does not exist on Linux!!! Chromium must be used instead.
This is NOT true! Please stop posting such statements before verifying them. You are just confusing other users who may believe you...
I would also suggest you to use a smaller image in your signature and to stop writing bold. It's really annoying!

(2013-12-19, 04:23)DaAwesomeP Wrote: Your launcher appears to arok fine with it...
I know. I wrote it. It's all mentioned in the Chrome Launcher thread.

(2013-12-19, 04:23)DaAwesomeP Wrote: Please fix this.
There is nothing to fix. If you still don't get it, read the Chrome Launcher thread again.

(2013-12-19, 04:23)DaAwesomeP Wrote: The default location is:
Code:
I know the default location - it's no secret...

(2013-12-19, 14:29)electrongun Wrote: First off, thank you very much for your time and effort, this addon is awesome. I just loaded v1.1.8 but the the "t" issue is still present.
(2013-12-19, 14:46)mrpickles Wrote: And for me, the 't' is still present as well street the update
Okay, thanks for the feedback! Another try.
Should now (hopefully) be fixed with v1.1.9. If it's still present, i'll have to wait with the next update till i can test it myself again...
(2013-12-19, 04:23)DaAwesomeP Wrote:

Google Chrome does not exist on Linux!!! Chromium must be used instead. Your launcher appears to arok fine with it, as it is really the same version of Chrome, just less Google security tweaks and not specifically endorsed by Google. Please fix this. This would also help XBMCbuntu users.

Check out this post: http://productforums.google.com/d/msg/ch...Cqstg9p34J. The default location is:
Code:
This is what worked for me.

Oh, #$&%&!!!
I must be using "Fake Chrome". Rofl
The clingy t is still there in 1.1.9. It's only in the movie and show titles. Not in the episode, season or genre titles. If i do a search, the t is there too after the results.
(2013-12-19, 19:32)marsilainen Wrote: The clingy t is still there in 1.1.9. It's only in the movie and show titles. Not in the episode, season or genre titles. If i do a search, the t is there too after the results.
Okay, thanks! I now had a chance to test it myself.
Finally fixed with v1.2.0... Wink
No annoying t's anymore. Thank you Smile Can you tell what actually caused this in the code?
(2013-12-19, 21:37)marsilainen Wrote: No annoying t's anymore. Thank you Smile Can you tell what actually caused this in the code?
Netflix changed something when receiving the video details.
I just removed the '\t's...
Does this addon work with OpenElec ?
(2013-12-20, 04:52)Double007 Wrote: Does this addon work with OpenElec ?

Same question for me.....
Trying to get this to work with my Acer Revo and xbmcbuntu. I changed the chome path and now just get half a browser screen with the netflix login page. Any guidance would be much appreciated.
(2013-12-20, 04:52)Double007 Wrote: Does this addon work with OpenElec ?

Nope. Needs pipelight. Might be worth asking on the openelec forum though as it should be possible for someone with the necessary skills to compile a special build.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7