• 17(current)
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents
Many thanks for your hard work on this -- I can't wait for the final release of gotham to switch to this full time.

I just wanted to tip my hat in the ring for a request for transcoding, I see you've started to look into it and it would really be amazing.

Thanks again!
@snatch22: it works with Frodo too, though there may be some problems with seeking.
I'm having a problem accessing this away from my lan. localhost/xbmc-video-server/ works fine but then example.us.to/xbmc-video-server returns a 404 error.
I'm using windows 8, xbmc v12.2. both the server and xbmc are on the same machine.
(2013-12-20, 09:54)Enlightened Wrote: I'm having a problem accessing this away from my lan. localhost/xbmc-video-server/ works fine but then example.us.to/xbmc-video-server returns a 404 error.
I'm using windows 8, xbmc v12.2. both the server and xbmc are on the same machine.

Are you using your ip address and have you forwarded the correct ports in your router? It should be ipaddressees/xbmc-video-server
Enlightened, Are you sure you've forwarded the port to the correct server? You may also need to disable the web interface on your router from the WAN side, it should be off by default but you never know.
(2013-12-21, 10:17)negge Wrote: Enlightened, Are you sure you've forwarded the port to the correct server? You may also need to disable the web interface on your router from the WAN side, it should be off by default but you never know.

well when i do go to my ip address without /xbmc-video-server it goes to my router login. your saying i need to disable that?
If you're inside your LAN and go to your external address you will end up at the router. You shouldn't disable web access from the LAN side because otherwise you will lock yourself out from the router. If this happens when you're outside your own network then you should indeed disable external access to the web interface.

You can also change the port Apache listens on from the default 80 to e.g. 8080, then change the port forwarding accordingly.
Hi negge,

This is a great package and is performing much better for me than using AFP/SMB network shares remotely.

One suggestion: In lieu of posters or banner images which can take time to compress and a lot of bandwidth, how about a toggle to switch the view to a list mode. Typically I know exactly what I'm looking to stream so a list of 300 movies would be easier to navigate than scrolling through pages of posters.

Here's a screenshot of the Plex web implementation:

All the best
(2013-12-15, 21:56)negge Wrote: @snatch22: it works with Frodo too, though there may be some problems with seeking.

Interesting, going to give this a shot on a Frodo based environment since I only have troubles with Gotham builds atm.
Anyone got this working on a Synology NAS?
Seems to work in a Linux VM but would like to have this running on my Synology.

Edit:
Install error:
Code:
DS211> php composer.phar install

[ErrorException]
file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/root/.composer/.htaccess) is not within the allowed path(s): (/etc.defaults:/usr/bin/php:/usr/syno/synoman:/etc:/var/run:/tmp:/var/spool/php:/volume1/@tmp/php:/var/ser
vices/web:/var/services/photo:/var/services/blog:/var/services/homes:/root/.composer/)

install [--prefer-source] [--prefer-dist] [--dry-run] [--dev] [--no-dev] [--no-plugins] [--no-custom-installers] [--no-scripts] [--no-progress] [-v|vv|vvv|--verbose] [-o|--optimize-autoloader]
(2014-01-03, 01:09)realityisterror Wrote: Hi negge,

This is a great package and is performing much better for me than using AFP/SMB network shares remotely.

One suggestion: In lieu of posters or banner images which can take time to compress and a lot of bandwidth, how about a toggle to switch the view to a list mode. Typically I know exactly what I'm looking to stream so a list of 300 movies would be easier to navigate than scrolling through pages of posters.

Here's a screenshot of the Plex web implementation:

All the best

Very good suggestion, I added an issue on Github for it. The mobile interface is quite rough, I haven't spent that much time on it. I'm glad to hear that someone is using this on mobile devices though!

@schumi2004: you need to disable the open_basedir directive in your PHP configuration file (php.ini), that will get rid of that error. I don't have a Synology NAS to I can't comment on how well this works on it, though I think there was someone earlier in the thread who managed to install it just fine.
I just pushed some updates:
  • Added ability to toggle between grid and list mode on result pages. List mode is automatically used for mobile browsers. When selecting a different display mode the setting will be remembered until you close your browser.
  • Use tagged versions for dependencies whenever possible. This should reduce the chance that the software suddenly stops working for new users
  • Due to the above change the minimum PHP version required is now 5.4. If this turns out to be an inconvenience to too many people I guess I have to do something about it
  • Remove the border around the recently added episodes list

Follow the usual upgrade instructions to get the latest versions. This time it is very important that you run the "composer install" command.
Hi, I only get dir listing on my webserver. Ubuntu 13.10
root@server:/var/www/xbmc-video-server# php composer.phar install
Loading composer repositories with package information
Installing dependencies (including require-dev) from lock file
Warning: The lock file is not up to date with the latest changes in composer.json. You may be getting outdated dependencies. Run update to update them.
- Installing crisu83/yii-consoletools (1.0.0)
Downloading: 100%

- Installing crisu83/yii-less (v2.0.2)

- Installing crisu83/yiistrap (1.2.2)

- Installing eventviva/php-image-resize (dev-master c3feead)
Cloning c3feead0123a1cd9356f87f338cda626c73252b3

- Installing hautelook/phpass (0.3.0)

- Installing zendframework/zend-stdlib (2.2.5)

- Installing zendframework/zend-validator (2.2.5)

- Installing zendframework/zend-escaper (2.2.5)
Loading from cache

- Installing zendframework/zend-uri (2.2.5)
Loading from cache

- Installing zendframework/zend-loader (2.2.5)

- Installing zendframework/zend-http (2.2.5)

- Installing jalle19/simple-json-rpc-client (1.0.0)

- Installing mobiledetect/mobiledetectlib (2.7.6)

- Installing yiisoft/yii (1.1.14)
Loading from cache

zendframework/zend-stdlib suggests installing zendframework/zend-eventmanager (To support aggregate hydrator usage)
zendframework/zend-stdlib suggests installing zendframework/zend-servicemanager (To support hydrator plugin manager usage)
zendframework/zend-validator suggests installing zendframework/zend-db (Zend\Db component)
zendframework/zend-validator suggests installing zendframework/zend-filter (Zend\Filter component, required by the Digits validator)
zendframework/zend-validator suggests installing zendframework/zend-i18n (Zend\I18n component to allow translation of validation error messages as well as to use the various Date validators)
zendframework/zend-validator suggests installing zendframework/zend-math (Zend\Math component)
zendframework/zend-validator suggests installing zendframework/zend-resources (Translations of validator messages)
zendframework/zend-validator suggests installing zendframework/zend-servicemanager (Zend\ServiceManager component to allow using the ValidatorPluginManager and validator chains)
Generating autoload files
@toffy did you modify your Apache settings according to the guide?
@negge yes, I did.
I now have owncloud, index and php working, but xbmc-video-server dont work on the same server.

Works now Smile
this is /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf

<VirtualHost *:80>
# The ServerName directive sets the request scheme, hostname and port that
# the server uses to identify itself. This is used when creating
# redirection URLs. In the context of virtual hosts, the ServerName
# specifies what hostname must appear in the request's Host: header to
# match this virtual host. For the default virtual host (this file) this
# value is not decisive as it is used as a last resort host regardless.
# However, you must set it for any further virtual host explicitly.
#ServerName www.example.com

ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
DocumentRoot /var/www

# Available loglevels: trace8, ..., trace1, debug, info, notice, warn,
# error, crit, alert, emerg.
# It is also possible to configure the loglevel for particular
# modules, e.g.
#LogLevel info ssl:warn

ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log
CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined

# For most configuration files from conf-available/, which are
# enabled or disabled at a global level, it is possible to
# include a line for only one particular virtual host. For example the
# following line enables the CGI configuration for this host only
# after it has been globally disabled with "a2disconf".
#Include conf-available/serve-cgi-bin.conf

<Directory /var/www/xbmc-video-server/>
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
AllowOverride All
Order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

# vim: syntax=apache ts=4 sw=4 sts=4 sr noet
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents9