• 121(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Ahhhhh well that solves that then...btw I was meaning to ask with dynamic artwork I find that a lot of what I watch doesn't actually have any fanart (sports seem to almost never have it) is it possible to have a fallback generic live tv landscape image display when there is no artwork to be found? I originally set it as a general fallback image but unfortunately then my unscraped directory content was displaying the image as well.

Any ideas?
(2013-12-22, 18:30)ARYEZ Wrote: Ahhhhh well that solves that then...btw I was meaning to ask with dynamic artwork I find that a lot of what I watch doesn't actually have any fanart (sports seem to almost never have it) is it possible to have a fallback generic live tv landscape image display when there is no artwork to be found? I originally set it as a general fallback image but unfortunately then my unscraped directory content was displaying the image as well.

Any ideas?

A lot of the code is correct and in place, but the skin wasn't updated to show everything...
I will update...

Sports won't get dynamic artwork since dynamic artwork requires a tvdb/tmdb/imdb id which sports won't have... but a fallback does get set when a show doesn't have an ID from the three sources above.

I will push an update that should fix the default skins dynamic issues.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-12-22, 18:40)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-22, 18:30)ARYEZ Wrote: Ahhhhh well that solves that then...btw I was meaning to ask with dynamic artwork I find that a lot of what I watch doesn't actually have any fanart (sports seem to almost never have it) is it possible to have a fallback generic live tv landscape image display when there is no artwork to be found? I originally set it as a general fallback image but unfortunately then my unscraped directory content was displaying the image as well.

Any ideas?

A lot of the code is correct and in place, but the skin wasn't updated to show everything...
I will update...

Sports won't get dynamic artwork since dynamic artwork requires a tvdb/tmdb/imdb id which sports won't have... but a fallback does get set when a show doesn't have an ID from the three sources above.

Sweet that's exactly what I was looking for...I set up generic genre/source based landscapes and was just wondering if it was a code issue or I was just not labeling then correctly to display as fallbacks. Sounds good though.
(2013-12-22, 18:43)ARYEZ Wrote:
(2013-12-22, 18:40)Lunatixz Wrote:

Any ideas?

I will update...

Sweet that's exactly what I was looking for...I set up generic genre/source based landscapes and was just wondering if it was a code issue or I was just not labeling then correctly to display as fallbacks. Sounds good though.

Not sure if genre will work. I didn't set any genre labels, only a generic default will be set.
So that leaves you with getting $info player genre. I'm not sure livetv will pass that data.
(2013-12-22, 19:40)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-22, 18:43)ARYEZ Wrote:
(2013-12-22, 18:40)Lunatixz Wrote: A lot of the code is correct and in place, but the skin wasn't updated to show everything...
I will update...

Not sure if genre will work. I didn't set any genre labels, only a generic default will be set.
So that leaves you with getting $info player genre. I'm not sure livetv will pass that data.

Lol yeah that's actually my bad... The problems with typing when you're supposed to be working right?

What I meant is that made generic landscapes for certain kinds of shows (like football, wrestling, movie trailers...etc) for stuff that's scraped and it works great, and I wanted the genetics landscape to display for live tv that doesn't have fanart.

You explained correctly I actually just said the wrong thing--either way what you are saying (a static live tv landscape that can display when they're is no dynamic artwork for a live program) is exactly what I was hoping for.
Any chance for a reverse order for Youtube playlists, as in oldest to newest? Or is there some trick to it that I haven't found?
My PVR backend works fine in XBMC. I am using Mediaportal and I can view TV without a problem through Live-TV.
Is that all I need to do then? Point LiveTV to the XML directory and it will find the XML by itself and then do all the channel set up alone?
(2013-12-22, 21:16)MovieJunky Wrote: My PVR backend works fine in XBMC. I am using Mediaportal and I can view TV without a problem through Live-TV.
Is that all I need to do then? Point LiveTV to the XML directory and it will find the XML by itself and then do all the channel set up alone?

Yep, that's it...as long as your xmltv file is:
1. Named xmltv.xml, and is located in the folder set in PTVL settings.
2. Contains channel info that matches backend channel names.

Your set...
Ah, I don't think they match. I have to manually do that then.
PTV keeps asking me a yes/no question whether it should auto tune LiveTV, but I keep saying yes and it keeps asking Big Grin
What have you done to me?

So I need to make the channel ID in the XML match the actual channel name in my PVR backend?

Code:
<channel id="sat1.de">
    <display-name>SAT.1</display-name>
    <display-name>Sat.1</display-name>
    <display-name>SAT1</display-name>
  </channel>

Change it to

Code:
<channel id="SAT.1">
  </channel>

That's what this channel is called in Mediaportal.
(2013-12-23, 00:36)MovieJunky Wrote: Ah, I don't think they match. I have to manually do that then.
PTV keeps asking me a yes/no question whether it should auto tune LiveTV, but I keep saying yes and it keeps asking Big Grin
What have you done to me?

So I need to make the channel ID in the XML match the actual channel name in my PVR backend?

Code:
<channel id="sat1.de">
  </channel>

Change it to

Code:
<channel id="SAT.1">
  </channel>

That's what this channel is called in Mediaportal.

Log?

XBMC needs to see a channel which is the same name exactly as it appears in your xml file...

So if display-name says WNBC
then XBMC needs to have WNBC as the name for that channel.
Question...I tried getting Pseudotv to share my channels from Machine 1 to Machine 2 and I couldnt get anything to work, all it did was erase the channels I had created. I have both Machine 1 and Machine 2 pointing to the same folder with enable channel sharing on (folder is blank)

So I switched to PseudoTV live to try this and I am getting the same issue. A channel created on Machine 1, works and shows but on Machine 2 it does not exist

Any ideads
WOW! This just keeps getting better and better! It pulls in all pvr channels no problem but for some reason, it is not pulling in my EPG data and labeling channels as "9" saying "No XMLTV DATA FOUND".
(2013-12-23, 04:56)Guile Wrote: WOW! This just keeps getting better and better! It pulls in all pvr channels no problem but for some reason, it is not pulling in my EPG data and labeling channels as "9" saying "No XMLTV DATA FOUND".

Log? I assume you have an xmltv file setup?

Instead of ignoring channels that don't have matching xmltv data. I chose to have it build chtype 9.
Update

I followed the steps in page 1 for setting up channel sharing, and I network share my stuff, I network shared my folder where my settings2.xml is.
When I go to enable shared channels folder, I go here, but I do not see the setting2.xml to select, just the empty folder, is this correct? or should i see them xml?

Either way, I have no idea, I cannot get this to work at all lol. Id love to be able to get it. Im on holidays for 2 weeks so now is my time to mess with this stuff and figure it out.
(2013-12-23, 05:15)baken1925 Wrote: Update

I followed the steps in page 1 for setting up channel sharing, and I network share my stuff, I network shared my folder where my settings2.xml is.
When I go to enable shared channels folder, I go here, but I do not see the setting2.xml to select, just the empty folder, is this correct? or should i see them xml?

Either way, I have no idea, I cannot get this to work at all lol. Id love to be able to get it. Im on holidays for 2 weeks so now is my time to mess with this stuff and figure it out.

Just point it to the folder your setting2 file is in. Follow post instructions.
  • 121(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45