Naming Convention
What is the naming convention for a blu ray movie that has two parts or a bonus disc
In my case i have something like that for a bonus. The movie is

\Multimedia\Video\Movies\X-Men 3 - The Last Stand

and under that

|\Multimedia\Video\Movies\X-Men 3 - The Last Stand\X-Men 3 - The Last Stand
|\Multimedia\Video\Movies\X-Men 3 - The Last Stand\X-Men 3 - The Last Stand[Bonus]
For a two disk movie use CD1 and CD2 at the end of the file name.
(2013-12-04, 15:22)baijuxavior Wrote: For a two disk movie use CD1 and CD2 at the end of the file name.

In my case these are folders and not files since they are blu ray rips.

Should I rename them to
\Multimedia\Video\Movies\X-Men 3 - The Last Stand\X-Men 3 - The Last Stand - CD1
\Multimedia\Video\Movies\X-Men 3 - The Last Stand\X-Men 3 - The Last Stand - CD2

Will this create one entry in XBMC??
It will create only one entry and the files will play as if it is a single movie. I have named LOTR extended disks this way.
Ok I have renamed the folders like

\Multimedia\Video\Movies\X-Men 3 - The Last Stand\X-Men 3 - The Last Stand - CD1
\Multimedia\Video\Movies\X-Men 3 - The Last Stand\X-Men 3 - The Last Stand - CD2

Under each folder is the BDMV/Certificate folder

I have realized that xbmc the multipart bluray rips does not recognize them. In which folder of the above example shall I put the nfo file in order to find the correct movie??
I think you should name the movie files using CD1 and CD2 and not the folders. I don't know if bdmv folders can be used this way. I have ripped LOTR disks to mkv format using makeMKV and my folder construction is something like this:

F:\Movies\The Fellowship of the Ring (year)\Fellowship of the Ring CD1.mkv
F:\Movies\The Fellowship of the Ring (year)\Fellowship of the Ring CD2.mkv
(2013-12-22, 15:14)baijuxavior Wrote: I think you should name the movie files using CD1 and CD2 and not the folders. I don't know if bdmv folders can be used this way. I have ripped LOTR disks to mkv format using makeMKV and my folder construction is something like this:

F:\Movies\The Fellowship of the Ring (year)\Fellowship of the Ring CD1.mkv
F:\Movies\The Fellowship of the Ring (year)\Fellowship of the Ring CD2.mkv

For mkv I do not have any issues my issues is with bluray rips that have multiple parts I.e. bonus disc or extra features.
No issues either with blue ray rips single disk.

Any other help? Nobody is using this setup?
(2013-12-22, 15:21)03397 Wrote: Any other help? Nobody is using this setup?

I'm not using this setup myself, but you could use a custom nfo file for the bonus disc, for example -

Code:
<movie>
<title>X-Men: The Last Stand Bonus Disc</title>
<sorttitle>X-Men: The Last Stand Bonus Disc</sorttitle>
<outline>A look at the making of X-Men: The Last Stand</outline>
<plot>A look at the making of X-Men: The Last Stand</plot>
</movie>
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/36668

You would need to name it "index.nfo" and put it in the same location as "index.bdmv"
The sample provided will give it a custom title/description and then pick the rest of the info up from themoviedb url.
You can add more detailed information to the nfo file if you wanted to. You can find more info about that on the wiki.
(2013-12-22, 16:00)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2013-12-22, 15:21)03397 Wrote: Any other help? Nobody is using this setup?

I'm not using this setup myself, but you could use a custom nfo file for the bonus disc, for example -

Code:
<movie>
<title>X-Men: The Last Stand Bonus Disc</title>
<sorttitle>X-Men: The Last Stand Bonus Disc</sorttitle>
<outline>A look at the making of X-Men: The Last Stand</outline>
<plot>A look at the making of X-Men: The Last Stand</plot>
</movie>
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/36668

You would need to name it "index.nfo" and put it in the same location as "index.bdmv"
The sample provided will give it a custom title/description and then pick the rest of the info up from themoviedb url.
You can add more detailed information to the nfo file if you wanted to. You can find more info about that on the wiki.

Can you please tell me how to set up the folder structure?

In my nfo file the URL is from imdb is this related?
(2013-12-22, 16:12)03397 Wrote: Can you please tell me how to set up the folder structure?

This is where the nfo file should be placed -

It sounds like the correct nfo file - where is the nfo file currently located (and what is it named)?
Post what you currently have inside the nfo file.

Edit - You can also name the nfo file "movie.nfo" and place it next to the BDMV/Certificate folders instead, like the following -

I think his is actually better, so ignore what I originally said Smile if you have any fanart/thumbs they would go in the same location
(2013-12-22, 16:33)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2013-12-22, 16:12)03397 Wrote: Can you please tell me how to set up the folder structure?

This is where the nfo file should be placed --

It sounds like the correct nfo file - where is the nfo file currently located (and what is it named)?

The only entry I have is the URL pointing to the movie in imdb.

Can you please tell me how shall I name the folders if the movies like in my initial post?

I pretty much understood about the NFO file.
(2013-12-22, 16:39)03397 Wrote: The only entry I have is the URL pointing to the movie in imdb.
Can you please tell me how shall I name the folders if the movies like in my initial post?

Your initial folder layout looks fine to me (from your original post), just put the nfo file inside the "X-Men 3 - The Last Stand[Bonus]" folder and you should be good to go Smile
I edited my previous post, I think that using "movie.nfo" will be better Smile
(2013-12-22, 16:59)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2013-12-22, 16:39)03397 Wrote: The only entry I have is the URL pointing to the movie in imdb.

Your initial folder layout looks fine to me (from your original post), just put the nfo file inside the "X-Men 3 - The Last Stand[Bonus]" folder and you should be good to go Smile
I edited my previous post, I think that using "movie.nfo" will be better Smile

When you say movie.nfo you mean the name of the movie with extension NFO or movie.NFO?
(2013-12-22, 17:03)03397 Wrote: When you say movie.nfo you mean the name of the movie with extension NFO or movie.NFO?

yes "movie.nfo" (not the actual movie name)
(2013-12-22, 16:33)acejh1987 Wrote:

This is where the nfo file should be placed -

Edit - You can also name the nfo file "movie.nfo" and place it next to the BDMV/Certificate folders instead, like the following -

I think his is actually better, so ignore what I originally said Smile if you have any fanart/thumbs they would go in the same location

Ok My friend it worked but how do I know that there are two discs for the movie i,e. the movie it self and the bonus disc??
How can start the bonus disc if I don't know that there are two discs?? Isn't there an indication that there are multiple parts?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Naming Convention0