• 13(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
Thanks for the add-on, works great for me on windows!

Although nothing's showing up under genres on my set-up.
No biggy though, thanks again!

*EDIT*
Genres working fine after reboot.
Top stuff!
Following up on efforts to get Chrome Launcher and NetfliXBMC going on an Ubuntu 13.10 system. Frequent behavior had been either frozen video on Netflix or black screen and no sound on Vimeo when using Frodo XBMC and chrome launcher. Reinstallations of Chrome and pipelight have not made any difference. I did find one thing that will make Vimeo in Couch mode work consistently from within XBMC and I will test to see if this works for Netflix but this is just weird. If I start Chrome from the Ubuntu desktop and go to Vimeo and play video it is fine. Finally it dawned on me to open XBMC in windowed mode while Chrome remains open and playing a video. So open XBMC, go to Chrome Launcher, and open a second incarnation of Vimeo. Chrome responds by opening another tab and playing the (second) video just fine. I can close this video, navigate within XBMC to Youtube lean back and play youtube videos fine. I can close the video originally opened from the desktop and the video opened in Chrome Launcher (Vimeo or Youtube) keeps on playing. So the synthesis seems to be that Chrome Launcher in XNMC works fine so long as Chrome is opened before XBMC and is playing a video.

Can anybody derive from this what causes frozen video/black screens without Chrome being launched before XBMC?

Thanks for thoughts!

Edit: Yup, NetfliXBMC works if I start Chrome and run Vimeo video from desktop before launching XBMC and NetfliXBMC
Getting an error when trying to add "My List":

Code:
16:59:59 T:2956983104   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/boots/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 730, in <module>
                                                addMyListToLibrary()
                                              File "/home/boots/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc/default.py", line 344, in addMyListToLibrary
                                                year = match[0]
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

I looked at the code, but don't see any logging of the video item prior to this point so I can't tell you what video is was looking at, and python is not one of my stronger languages.

Also, what is the function/JSON call to make to initiate a import of "My List", so that I can add it to the cronjob plugin? Thanks.
It appears that Genres and just for kids does not work ONLY when using the multi-profile option. If you delete your other profiles and select single user within the plugin they work fine. Other than that this is an awesome plugin, I can no eliminate about ten scripts i used to intergrate wmc netflix before. Thanks again.
(2013-12-21, 18:56)StuartQF Wrote: Hi, I just found this last night and I have the same issue.
I'm running Google Chrome 31.0.1650.63 on xbmcbuntu. Latest versions of Chrome Launcher, NetfliXBMC and pipelight, and nvidia drivers version 304.88 (GeForce GT 430). In the pipelight-silverlight5.1 config I've changed embed=true to embed=false and the video plays, but without audio and without being full screen.

The script I'm using in Chrome Launcher is:

#!/bin/bash
openbox

Some suggestions indicated the ttf font package may have needed reinstalled and I tried that - no luck.. I did read somewhere (maybe on the pipelight launchpad page?) that using Unity rather than openbox might work. That'll be my next step.

Audio is resolved now - XBMCs AudioEngine was hogging the audio device it seems. Changed sound settings to release audio immediately and configured audio for my device in alsa.

I had to add this line to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf

Code:
#for HDMI
options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=0 probe_mask=0x108

and this to /etc/asound.conf

Code:
pcm.!default {
  type plug
  slave {
    pcm "hw:0,3" #delete the first hash for sound over hdmi
    rate 48000
  }
}

Once I figure out the black screen when using pipelights embed option and map controls for my remote this will be very nice.

Also, when I was exiting I used killall chrome as the command mapped to 'Stop', and I was getting a message about Chrome not exiting cleanly.. So I opened ~/.config/google-chrome/Default/Preferences and modified these two lines:

"exit_type": "Crashed",
"exited_cleanly": true,

then chmod -w that file so it can't change even when it doesn't exit cleanly Smile (Although it does occur to me now that using xdotool key Alt+F4 would have been a cleaner solution...)
For anyone running this on Linux and trying to make their remote control work with it, here's what I've done.

First, set Chrome Launcher set to run this script on a 2 second delay:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
killall -9 chrome
openbox &
sed -i  's/Crashed/None/g' ~/.config/google-chrome/Default/Preferences
irexec -d

Create .lircrc in your home folder with these contents:

Code:
begin
prog = irexec
button = KEY_STOP
config = /home/xbmc/stopflix.sh
end

begin
prog = irexec
button = KEY_PAUSE
config = xdotool key space
end

begin
prog = irexec
button = KEY_PLAY
end

begin
prog = irexec
button = KEY_OK
end

begin
prog = irexec
button = KEY_FORWARD
config = xdotool key Right
end

begin
prog = irexec
button = KEY_REWIND
config = xdotool key Left
end

I suspect the button map will be similar for everyone, you can test that by running irw and pressing buttons on your remote.

My stopflix.sh script does this:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
WID=`xdotool search --name chrome | tail -n 1`
xdotool windowactivate $WID key alt+F4
killall -9 -I chrome
killall -9 -I openbox
killall -9 -I irexec
/opt/wine-compholio/bin/wineserver -k
killall -9 -I explorer.exe
killall -9 -I plugplay.exe
killall -9 -I winedevice.exe
killall -9 -I services.exe
killall -9 -I wineserver
killall -9 -I pluginloader.exe

The one feature I wish this Add-on has would be checking off content you've already watched - I can't even imagine how you'd implement that one...

If anyone knows if there is a keyboard shortcut to enable/disable subs in the Silverlight player that'd be useful..
First of all - great add-on! I have been searching for something to integrate Netflix with XBMC for a long time Smile

However I have a question regarding tv-shows.

First off all, I can't seem to browse the shows - when I try to "enter" a show it just starts playing the next episode. I have enabled the "browse tv-shows" option but that doesn't really do anything for me Sad

Secoundly, when I choose to add a tv-show to library, it shows up under the movies folder inside the add-on_data. And again the strm file just links to the next episode. So I can't really scan the tv-show into my library Sad

I am running XBMC Frodo 12.2 on MAC OSX Lion...

/Michael
+1 on already watched/progress feature. So far this is working great. Thanks again to developer. Does anyone have issues with the windows utility after netflix auto starts another show in series? The windows utility no longer responds, I'm debating just creating an ahk to kill chrome. Ideas?
(2013-12-23, 03:26)xxnumbxx Wrote: It appears that Genres and just for kids does not work ONLY when using the multi-profile option. If you delete your other profiles and select single user within the plugin they work fine. Other than that this is an awesome plugin
+1 I'd love to see this working when using multiple profiles (I have one for my wife and I and one for my kids).

I'm loving the "Add to Library", especially since Netflix got rid of "My List" in kid-friendly profiles. However, I did run across an issue when playing from my library. The IE will open and the movie will play, but XBMC will still throw an error about not being able to play the file. The error in the log is:
Code:
ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideo&url=<whatever>]
I think this may be caused by all the Netflix library items having a reported runtime of 0 minutes.[/code]
Hey, great add-on, it works about 95% perfect for me on a Windows 7/XBMC Frodo set up. There is an issue I'm having though I thought I would ask and see if there is a solution or if others are having the same concern.

I will boot into the app, select a program to watch and away it goes no problem (awesome). Pause/play works with the defined controls I set up..as does the "Alt+F4 exit" key (in my case it's the back button on my MCE remote). Pressing that back button exits the browser and brings XBMC back up. Great...but if I go to watch a second program, the back button no longer works. The video plays fine, and I can pause/play it no problem, but the back button no longer exits the browser back to XBMC. ONLY happens if I watch another program after I went back to XBMC the first time.

Very strange and annoying as I don't use a keyboard, so at this point I pretty much have to reboot/shutdown after the second show is done as I can't even find a way to exit the browser using my "remote mouse" app on my iPhone.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Cheers and Merry Christmas.
(2013-12-24, 05:17)StuartQF Wrote: For anyone running this on Linux and trying to get make their remote control it, here's what I've done.

First, set Chrome Launcher set to run this script on a 2 second delay:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
killall chrome
irexec -d
openbox

Create .lircrc in your home folder with these contents:

Code:
begin
prog = irexec
button = KEY_STOP
config = /home/xbmc/stopflix.sh
end

begin
prog = irexec
button = KEY_PAUSE
end

begin
prog = irexec
button = KEY_PLAY
end

begin
prog = irexec
button = KEY_OK
end

begin
prog = irexec
button = KEY_FORWARD
config = xdotool key Right
end

begin
prog = irexec
button = KEY_REWIND
config = xdotool key Left
end

I suspect the button map will be similar for everyone, you can test that by running irw and pressing buttons on your remote.

My stopflix.sh script does this:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
killall chrome
killall openbox
killall chrome
killall irexec

The one feature I wish this Add-on has would be checking off content you've already watched - I can't even imagine how you'd implement that one...

If anyone knows if there is a keyboard shortcut to enable/disable subs in the Silverlight player that'd be useful..

Thanks! This was exactly what I was looking for. I have a full Ubuntu running with the window manager in the background so I ommitted the openbox lines. Hopefully that's not releated to the following...

The problem I'm having is with the play button. For some reason that knocks me out of silverlight and chrome and all the way back to XBMC in a windowed mode and then it will restart. Pause works perfectly every time. This doesn't make any send to me because the .lircrc has Play and Pause doing exactly the same thing. Any ideas?

I confirmed with irw that the play button is indeed sending KEY_PLAY. FF and RWD work fine (executing the Left and Right keys via xdotool. It's just Play that's odd.

A couple of more Netflix player window short cuts are here (in case it helps anyone):

http://markwarren.wordpress.com/2010/03/...shortcuts/
Is there any plans to add socks proxy support directly into plugin? I don't want to proxy whole xbmc or whole system Wink

edit:
It seems that settings "Use an HTTP proxy server to access the internet" with SOCK5 proxy doesn't affect plugin calls.
I believe adding socket support is super-easy - I get it working using only 3 LOC added right after "import socket"

Code:
import socks
socks.setdefaultproxy(socks.PROXY_TYPE_SOCKS5, 'socks proxy ip or host', socks proxy port)
socket.socket = socks.socksocket

As I'm not a Pyhton programmer, so I don't want to add shit-code into main branch - could someone who know XBMC & Python add support for SOCKS proxy in this plugin (with proper exception handling and option in settings)? It looks like 10-minutes job.

edit2:
Is it normal that navigation is painfully slow? Sometimes I need to wait for about 40-60 seconds to get movies list.
Why can't we use eg. Apple TV or Roku API keys? It's agains EULA ofc but who cares in this case Smile
AddOnScriptorDE -

This is a great plugin, thanks so much for creating and putting it out there!

Is there any way that you might be interested in creating something similar for Amazon VOD? It would be fantastic if it worked the exact same way, and could be used to view Prime VOD as well as purchased content. I'm not sure what's involved from a coding perspective, but maybe this would be very easy? I think a lot of users would really love it.

Thanks again!
Hello I just got XBMC and I'm trying to add Netflix to it but every time I get a script error I'm using windows 7. I eventually want to link XBMC to windows media center because I live in Canada and this is the only way I would be able to use a remote from windows media center using a hauppauge remote. So Can anyone plz help me find out why this is not working . Thank you very much
Thank you so much for your programming and willingness to set this up. None of the other Netflix integrations even come close to being as smooth as this is.

I have installed this add-on and have it all working, with one minor issue. I select something to watch and it drops out of XBMC and into Chrome briefly, then re-focuses back into XBMC. If I select the windows key on the keyboard, I can see Chome is active and playing the item I selected for Netflixbmc to play. It looks like a focus issue, but I cannot see how to make Chrome keep focus.

Specs:
Frodo 12.2
Netflixbmc 1.2.2
Chrome Launch 1.0.7

I have scoured the 20 pages and came across a couple of posts pointing me to the Chrome Launcher and Webrowser add-ons. So I made sure they were both installed.

Would appreciate any enlightenment on this issue or pointing me to an appropriate thread or a slap upside the head for missing something obvious...
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7