• 101(current)
Linux Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
I am doing aclean install on a ssd.

After adding the fernetmenta master repo and updating the sources
installing xbmc and xbmc-bin is not working because of a version conflict.

Terminal text:
De volgende pakketten hebben niet-voldane vereisten:
xbmc : Vereisten: xbmc-bin (< 2:13.0~git20131228.0500-dd9ad18-0saucy.1~) maar 2:13.0~git20131229.0500-489a3b8-0saucy zal geïnstalleerd worden

I saw it was updated 7 hours ago.
Compilation of the 32 bit ppa package failed to night. So new installations of the 32 bit package are currently not possible. If you manually force installation of a xbmc-bin package though apt is warning, than it's your fault

@ihc100: Are you by any chance installing on a 32 bit OS?

64 bit (as this howto suggests) is all fine.

Yeah, currently both seem not available.

Btw. it will only ever remove a packet with asking for it. If you do a dist-upgrade you are especially warned, that xbmc-bin is removed! If you press yes, then that's your selfmade problem.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2013-12-29, 15:06)fritsch Wrote: Compilation of the 32 bit ppa package failed to night. So new installations of the 32 bit package are currently not possible. If you manually force installation of a xbmc-bin package though apt is warning, than it's your fault

Btw. it will only ever remove a packet with asking for it. If you do a dist-upgrade you are especially warned, that xbmc-bin is removed! If you press yes, then that's your selfmade problem.

i don't clean my cache packages, so I was able to downgrade easily. Wink
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Thank you for the fast reply.

The disk was clean.(first time install on this disk).
I always use 64-bit.

No xbmc on the installation at all.

I see it as a unlucky moment.
So I will wait patiently till it is fixed.
wsnipex is currently rebuilding the ppa. It should be done in approx 2 hours - you can continue with the other steps of the installation and triple check.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Should be all up and working again.
That is much faster than two hours.
This never happens when my car is involved.
Thank you, works as it should again.
What happened here was that the i386 package did not build due to some obscure error in launchpad.
The architecture independent stuff (the xbmc package) is only built once for both i386 and amd64 to save space.
The 64bit version was also broken, because xbmc-bin (the architecture specific parts) depends on xbmc.
System isn't booting either, shortly after the "Ubuntu 13.10" during boot I am getting this:

[xx.xxxxxxx] imon:lcd_write: invalid payload size: 32 (expected 8)

Edit: Disregard above, I "sudo apt-get install xbmc" and it booted fine. No issues after upgrade so far.
RC6 kernels from ubuntu mainline should now have everything in we need. Can someone verify this?
(2013-12-30, 12:55)fritsch Wrote: RC6 kernels from ubuntu mainline should now have everything in we need. Can someone verify this?

Quick testing this morning on my two units looks clean. HD audio, mpeg2, and graphics looked fine on my a6-3500 APU.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
Thanks. Howto is already updated.
Maybe I spoke to soon... Not sure if this is xbmc or kernel.

http://youtu.be/nOG5hYBkZeo
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
Downgrade kernel and retry.
(2013-12-30, 17:45)fritsch Wrote: Downgrade kernel and retry.

Wife hit the "xbmc help" button which shuts down xbmc and it restarted. So far so good but she is watching shows while I run errands and if it happens again I'll downgrade to rc5.
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
  • 101(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)26