• 31(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2014-01-01, 12:33)oldpoem Wrote: New 12.3 build is avalable on official XBMC DSPlayer page.

There is such thing? I thought DSPlayer binary builds are posted only in this thread. Care to show us where is it?
Thank you and have a happy 2014!
(2014-01-01, 13:23)Saxtus Wrote: There is such thing? I thought DSPlayer binary builds are posted only in this thread. Care to show us where is it?
Thank you and have a happy 2014!
It's in the Eduard K's website from the first post, direct link:
http://xbmc.avmedia.su/node/8

Happy new year everyone!
Hi,

I'm having trouble with new build (12.3) from Eduard K's site using my previously altered filtersconfig.xml and mediasconfig.xml files. I had been successfully using AV Splitter as the source and splitter and LAV for both audio and video. Currently video will not play using DSPlayer.

Excerpt from my log:
Code:
11:51:02 T:14344  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFile - DSPlayer: Opening: smb://VIVESWHS/Videos/TV/Game of Thrones/Season 1/Game of Thrones - s01e01 - Winter Is Coming.mp4
11:51:02 T:14344  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFileInternal - DSPlayer: Opening: smb://VIVESWHS/Videos/TV/Game of Thrones/Season 1/Game of Thrones - s01e01 - Winter Is Coming.mp4
11:51:02 T:14740  NOTICE: Thread CDSPlayer thread start, auto delete: false
11:51:02 T:14740  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::Process - Creating DS Graph
11:51:02 T:14740  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://masterprofile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
11:51:02 T:14740  NOTICE: special://masterprofile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml does not exist. Skipping.
11:51:02 T:14740  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
11:51:02 T:14740  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://masterprofile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
11:51:02 T:14740  NOTICE: special://masterprofile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml does not exist. Skipping.
11:51:02 T:14740  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
11:51:02 T:14740  NOTICE: Successfully loaded rules
11:51:02 T:14740  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Successfully added "" to the graph
11:51:02 T:14740   FATAL: CFGFilterFile::Create CoCreateInstance failed!
11:51:02 T:14740   ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Failed to create filter "mp4source"
11:51:02 T:14740   ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed to insert the source filter
11:51:02 T:14740   ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules
11:51:02 T:14740   ERROR: CDSPlayer::Process - Failed creating DS Graph
11:51:02 T:14344   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [smb://VIVESWHS/Videos/TV/Game of Thrones/Season 1/Game of Thrones - s01e01 - Winter Is Coming.mp4]
11:51:02 T:13504  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
11:51:02 T:14344  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::~CDSPlayer DSPlayer is now closed

Excerpt from my filtersconfig.xml:
Code:
<filter name="lavvideodec" type="videodec">
      <guid>{EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}</guid>
      <osdname>LAV Video Decoder</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="lavaudiodec" type="audiodec">
      <guid>{E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}</guid>
      <osdname>LAV Audio Decoder</osdname>
    </filter>
    <filter name="avsource" type="source">
      <path>AVSplitter.ax</path>
      <guid>{D8980E15-E1F6-4916-A10F-D7EB4E9E10B8}</guid>
      <osdname>AV Source</osdname>
    </filter>
      <filter name="avsplitter" type="splitter">
      <guid>{529A00DB-0C43-4F5B-8EF2-05004CBE0C6F}</guid>
      <osdname>AV Splitter</osdname>
    </filter>

Excerpt from my mediasconfig.xml:
Code:
<rule filetypes="mkv|mp4">
      <source filter="avsource" />
      <splitter filter="avsplitter" />
      <video filter="lavvideodec" />
      <audio filter="lavaudiodec" />
    </rule>

Looking at my log, I don't understand why it is trying to load the filter named 'mp4source' when that is not the filter specified in my mediasconfig.xml. I tried using the LAV source as well without success.
Thanks for any help and Happy New Years!
Maybe there's a conflict with another mediasconf.xml from another directory?

I just had a similar problem, that it wasn't loading all my filters, then I removed the mediasconf.xml and filtersconf.xml from "XBMC/system/players/dsplayer/" and only keep the ones in "XBMC/portable_data/userdata/dsplayer/" (in my case, I run the portable profile "XBMC.exe -p" ).
I don't know if was that, or I did something else, but now everything is OK.
(2014-01-01, 19:38)le__ Wrote: Maybe there's a conflict with another mediasconf.xml from another directory?

I just had a similar problem, that it wasn't loading all my filters, then I removed the mediasconf.xml and filtersconf.xml from "XBMC/system/players/dsplayer/" and only keep the ones in "XBMC/portable_data/userdata/dsplayer/" (in my case, I run the portable profile "XBMC.exe -p" ).
I don't know if was that, or I did something else, but now everything is OK.

Thanks, I searched my entire drive looking for other copies of these xml files and they seem to be the only ones...
Also, creating a filter graph directly using these filters still works fine using graphstudionext so I am sure that the filters are registered and working correctly...
So it seems that my mediasconfig.xml file rules are not being followed despite the log indicating that it is successfully loaded. The reason I was not getting anything originally is that the most current version of MPC-HC no longer contains older filters such as MastroskaSplitter.ax, MPCVideoDec.ax, etc. I downloaded the most recent standalone version available of those (1.6.8) and then registered those filters since DSPlayer seemed to want them despite the fact that I wasn't using them in my mediasconfig.xml.

So now when I can get video to play, but it isn't using the proper filters. From GraphStudioNext:
For an MP4:

What you can't see is that it is using the old MP4Source.ax as the source/splitter and you can see that it is using the old MPCVideoDec.ax for the video filter.

And for an MKV:

Here it at least uses AVSplitter for the source/splitter but is still using the old video decoding filter (which the MPC-HC folks have deprecated).

Can anyone else verify that the new version is using the specifications you have in your mediasconfig.xml file with GraphStudioNext?
I don't have problem. But keep in mind that every DSPlayer come with mediasconfig.xml , filtersconfig.xml of its own (default). So if you put your config in /XBMC/system/player/dsplayer it'd get overwritedso you'd have to copy your xml file to overwrite it again.

Better step is put your XML in profile folder though.
Thanks for your help! I figured it out. Extremely bad behavior on my XML editor's part. It seems that since it didn't have permissions to write to that area of the drive, it saved a cached copy of the file, without notice. But even worse, when I tried to open the file directly, it would open the cached copy. Ugh. So weird.
I've been away for quite some time and want to take advantage of some of the latest improvements. Currently I use a full LAV setup, splitter and decoders.

I'd like to update my setup to have DSPlayer with FFDShow RAW scaling to improve image quality. I assume I should also switch from LAVSplitter to AVSplitter. From my research, it looks like this is a good guide for setting up FFDShow RAW: http://www.ezoden.com/684/tutorial-htpc/7

Can someone confirm this and comment if any steps are unnecessary or anything else needs to be done for FFDShow RAW postprocessing? I am planning on using the AVISynth part of the setup.

As far as mediasconfig and filters config, can someone post their current XML for such a setup?

Finally, I have some questions about SVP. I'm just learning about it today. It looks like it also uses AVISynth in order to work. Does anyone have suggestions for how AVISyth should be set up with FFDShow RAW post processing? Maybe a pointer to another guide?

Are there any drawbacks to using SVP?

All of my files are either mkv or mpg, most are direct rips, but I have used x264 to re-encode my some of my larger BR Rips from my collection. Thanks again for the help!
I need your help
I've installed XBMC+Dsplayer , built 20131228
When i play a video , and i use the (O) , then i can see that is not using DXVA
How can i enable the DXVA?
Thanks for your attention ..................
Does somebody have a compiled version of XBMC Frodo 12.3 with dsplayer AND 3D-support (i.e., show menus in hSBS, hOU etc.; make use of the <y>3dmode</y> line in keymap.xml )?
(2014-01-04, 19:36)deh2k7 Wrote: I've been away for quite some time and want to take advantage of some of the latest improvements. Currently I use a full LAV setup, splitter and decoders.

I'd like to update my setup to have DSPlayer with FFDShow RAW scaling to improve image quality. I assume I should also switch from LAVSplitter to AVSplitter. From my research, it looks like this is a good guide for setting up FFDShow RAW: http://www.ezoden.com/684/tutorial-htpc/7

Can someone confirm this and comment if any steps are unnecessary or anything else needs to be done for FFDShow RAW postprocessing? I am planning on using the AVISynth part of the setup.

As far as mediasconfig and filters config, can someone post their current XML for such a setup?

Finally, I have some questions about SVP. I'm just learning about it today. It looks like it also uses AVISynth in order to work. Does anyone have suggestions for how AVISyth should be set up with FFDShow RAW post processing? Maybe a pointer to another guide?

All of my files are either mkv or mpg, most are direct rips, but I have used x264 to re-encode my some of my larger BR Rips from my collection. Thanks again for the help!

OK, after digging around some more, i think i have found what I need for getting FFD in RAW mode and Avisynth working with my setup. I'll post my config once it's all complete.

I have a question, however. I set up multiple profiles for FFDShow for different processing based on qhat the original source material. FOr example 1080p material gets a lot let 'stuff' than 480 DVD rips. Unfortunately, whenever XBMC plays a file, only the standard 'default' profile is ever used, despeite me configuring for different profiles based on incoming resolution. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to use a profile other than default?
(2014-01-06, 06:44)deh2k7 Wrote:
(2014-01-04, 19:36)deh2k7 Wrote: I've been away for quite some time and want to take advantage of some of the latest improvements. Currently I use a full LAV setup, splitter and decoders.

OK, after digging around some more, i think i have found what I need for getting FFD in RAW mode and Avisynth working with my setup. I'll post my config once it's all complete.

I have a question, however. I set up multiple profiles for FFDShow for different processing based on qhat the original source material. FOr example 1080p material gets a lot let 'stuff' than 480 DVD rips. Unfortunately, whenever XBMC plays a file, only the standard 'default' profile is ever used, despeite me configuring for different profiles based on incoming resolution. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to use a profile other than default?

i realize that I may have been a bit unclear.

For ALL media files, regardless of resolution, in DSPlayer, I use the following config: AVSplitter, LAV for Audio/Video, and extra Filter for FFDShow RAW. I have separate profiles configured in FFDShow for different resolutions, i.e. don't want scaling resizing for 1080p, but i do for other incoming resolutions. I can't seem to get FFDShow to select the appropriate profile when XBMC calls the FFDShow RAW filter. Is this possible? If so, can someone provide an example on the FFDShow front to help me do this?
I've updated a link for XBMC-DSplayer 12.3 build in the 1st post.
Hi:

Have anyone a configuration file set that works OK with crystall HD? Thanks
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8