• 5(current)
[Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Jarvis*
(2013-12-19, 22:43)Rourke Wrote: Hi,

Let me just say I love this addon. But I seem to get an error every time XBMC starts. It just says Error in service.py. I checked the log and it said the follow:

For a more clear code check this. It starts at line 1229.

This is after I updated to the latest version. But the same error already accured before updating. Hope you can track down the problem.

very strange, it is a multi-thread issue, something other wants to use strptime the same time I want to use it.
Its seems also to be a common bug in python. I don't know how to fix this. Does the error really occur every time XBMC starts?
I get this error as well on a different script:

Code:
ImportError: Failed to import _strptime because the import lockis held by another thread.

It is a known issue, with no fix likely to be made to python 2.x: http://bugs.python.org/issue7980

This is what I found on stack exchange to help. It reduced the frequency of the error, but didnt eliminate it completely.
Code:
# This is a throwaway variable to deal with a python bug
  throwaway = datetime.datetime.strptime('20110101','%Y%m%d')

I reckon I will put in a while loop instead. Give it 1 second to free up (it should only take microseconds). If it isnt there after the loop, give it one more try and then throw the script error.

Code:
count = 0
while count < 1000:
    try:
        datetime.datetime.strptime('20110101','%Y%m%d')
        count = 2001
    except:
        xbmc.sleep(1)
        count += 1

if count != 2001:
(2013-12-19, 23:18)Karnagious Wrote: I get this error as well on a different script:

Code:
ImportError: Failed to import _strptime because the import lockis held by another thread.

It is a known issue, with no fix likely to be made to python 2.x: http://bugs.python.org/issue7980

This is what I found on stack exchange to help. It reduced the frequency of the error, but didnt eliminate it completely.
Code:
# This is a throwaway variable to deal with a python bug
  throwaway = datetime.datetime.strptime('20110101','%Y%m%d')

I reckon I will put in a while loop instead. Give it 1 second to free up (it should only take microseconds). If it isnt there after the loop, give it one more try and then throw the script error.

Code:
count = 0
while count < 1000:
    try:
        count = 2001
    except:
        xbmc.sleep(1)
        count += 1

if count != 2001:

nice, could you test if this helps? if it helps I will update the add-on Smile
Thanks for the fast replies and trying to track it. So the problem lies somewhere else entirely.

(2013-12-19, 23:16)Jandalf Wrote: very strange, it is a multi-thread issue, something other wants to use strptime the same time I want to use it.
Its seems also to be a common bug in python. I don't know how to fix this. Does the error really occur every time XBMC starts?

Yep, this happens every time XBMC starts.

(2013-12-19, 23:34)Jandalf Wrote: nice, could you test if this helps? if it helps I will update the add-on Smile

I'd love to test it out as well, but I don't know where to apply that workaround. I assume Karnagious can test it. Let me know if I can help with anything.
I cant test it right now (i'm at work Smile) but if you wanted to Rourke it would be easy to do.

Just find all the places in the code you have the datetime.strptime function call and replace it with the code above. Remember to replace the two placeholder functions I had in the sample code though!
Hello

Hope everyone is off to a great start of the new year...

I have a feature request if can be implied into gotham 13.

Please take a look at this mod.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=163965

Is their a way we can have this in the add-on when bringing up the menu? Because currently the add-on serves it's purpose only by updating top 250 and movies. It would be cool if we can have a feature that highlights best picture and top 250 from our library collection.

(2014-01-02, 14:00)MS413 Wrote: Hello

Hope everyone is off to a great start of the new year...

I have a feature request if can be implied into gotham 13.

Please take a look at this mod.

Is their a way we can have this in the add-on when bringing up the menu? Because currently the add-on serves it's purpose only by updating top 250 and movies. It would be cool if we can have a feature that highlights best picture and top 250 from our library collection.

I don't really know what you want...?

Every skin or modded skin that is capable of showing top250 position will work with this add-on. This add-on updates the xbmc database and a skin uses the database.
+ one for that feature. I'm assuming that ms413 is talking about when you open the add-on there these are few options to pick from.

Currently you just have update

Top 250
Movies.

What he has stated in his attachments is have a page to show off your top 250 movies and best pictures. A view basically.
exactly what MSingh said. Have a view of top 250, best picture of the year. The mod shows off what top 250 and best picture you have in your collection. Because right now its just a add-on to update movies and the top 250 which is fine but I'm sure many would want something more too.. By now.. =)
Thanks MSingh and Eko P. This is what I was thinking...

Have this add-on actually show off top 250 and best picture within the add-on. Do you understand now Jandalf?

Thanks
(2014-01-02, 18:29)MS413 Wrote: Thanks MSingh and Eko P. This is what I was thinking...

Have this add-on actually show off top 250 and best picture within the add-on. Do you understand now Jandalf?

Thanks

yes, sorry for the misunderstanding.

i just build something to display the Top250 movies:

script.imdbupdate-0.5.0.zip

I have a problem with collections getting displayed in wrong order. Could you test this?

Regarding displaying best Picture: I don't know how to do this, cause XBMC does not offer a database field for this.
(2014-01-02, 21:27)Jandalf Wrote:
(2014-01-02, 18:29)MS413 Wrote: Thanks MSingh and Eko P. This is what I was thinking...

Thanks

yes, sorry for the misunderstanding.

i just build something to display the Top250 movies:

script.imdbupdate-0.5.0.zip

I have a problem with collections getting displayed in wrong order. Could you test this?

Regarding displaying best Picture: I don't know how to do this, cause XBMC does not offer a database field for this.

No need to apologies. Anyways ran few tests. Currently looks like this :

Would be great if you can add the IMDb 250 logo. Please see attach photo below.

Also the update for top 250 and movies was successful, So that's a good sign.

Last would be if you could update the add-on logo photo ? To this. A user posted it here when you released the first version of your add-on.

That weird how you weren't able to make a feature tab of best picture when this mod has it.

Anyways thanks for the update, Just have to clear somethings but great start !

MS413
What's wrong with the logo I made?
(2014-01-03, 05:28)shedrock Wrote: What's wrong with the logo I made?

There is nothing wrong with the logo you made but I think this one is better (My opinion) Again its up the creator of he add-on if they decide to change it.
@MS413

the mod use a playlist where all best picture movies were listed manually.

Eisi
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Jarvis*6