VideoLibrary.SetMovieDetails not updating runtime
Hi,

I'm trying to work myself through creating a new webinterface for XBMC.

I've managed to update movie details through the VideoLibrary.SetMovieDetails JSON-RPC command, but I cannot seem to update the Runtime property of a movie.
The JSON command returns status "OK", but the value remains unchanged.

The request object looks like this: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"VideoLibrary.SetMovieDetails","id":1,"params":{"movieid":4,"runtime":7000}}

Updating other properties (title, year, rating, plot, ...) works just fine.

Can anyone help me on this?

Thank you!
I don't have an answer but I'm curious as to why you need to change this. Isn't the runtime set from the video file itself ie the length of the file is a fact that shouldn't need to be changed?

Anyway, I'm sure Montellese (or someone else) will be along with an answer for you soon.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
I haven't looked into it in detail but I assume that the problem is that there are two runtimes. One is the runtime retrieved by the scraper (which is often in minutes). The other is the runtime read from the file, but this is only done in the background so it's not immediately available (only after having browsed a list with that item in it in the user interface). When you set the "runtime" through JSON-RPC you change the runtime value retrieved by the scraper but XBMC will still use the runtime read from the file (if available) because it is much more accurate.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
The field I'm trying to change is the same runtime field that is retrieved by VideoLibrary.GetMovieDetails, which seems to be represented in seconds.

However, el_Paraguayo does raise a valid question as to why anyone woyld want to change this.
I didn't know it was retrieved from the video file itself, so this is accurate enough in my opinion Smile
I'll probably just omit the property from the edit form...

Thank you for the help.
(2014-01-02, 19:07)Trickass Wrote: The field I'm trying to change is the same runtime field that is retrieved by VideoLibrary.GetMovieDetails, which seems to be represented in seconds.

Yeah I know but XBMC does some magic to either turn the minute value retrieved by the scraper into seconds or to choose the more accurate data from the file itself. You can't influence that through JSON-RPC. You'll just get the more detailed value with the difference that the one retrieved by the scraper can be overwritten, but the one retrieved from the file can't (for obvious reasons).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2014-01-02, 20:13)Montellese Wrote:
(2014-01-02, 19:07)Trickass Wrote: The field I'm trying to change is the same runtime field that is retrieved by VideoLibrary.GetMovieDetails, which seems to be represented in seconds.

Yeah I know but XBMC does some magic to either turn the minute value retrieved by the scraper into seconds or to choose the more accurate data from the file itself. You can't influence that through JSON-RPC. You'll just get the more detailed value with the difference that the one retrieved by the scraper can be overwritten, but the one retrieved from the file can't (for obvious reasons).

Good enough for me Smile

Thanks Wink

(topic can be closed imo)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoLibrary.SetMovieDetails not updating runtime0