• 104(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
(2014-01-03, 22:05)-DDD- Wrote: You haven't had a Problem with what Kind of OS? Win8.1 or Win8? The Problem in Intel Forums seems to be only Win8.1 related.

Sorry that was a bit unclear wasn't it?!
What I meant was, I haven't seen any problem in (Windows 8.1) device manager or anything. The only problem is the fact that the IR sensor doesn't seem to work. It IS showing up in device manager as "working correctly", but I can't seem to get it working.

Is there something obvious that I might've missed? Am I being naive in thinking that that particular remote should "just work" straight away with the NUC's IR sensor?
Try another remote if possible.
I have no problem with IR on Win 8.1.

About F2 entering BIOS problem.
In the office I have some old and a brand new monitor. I have had F2 problems in the office sometimes, and sometime not, but I wasnt paying a big attention to figure it out what is the problem.
But after I had completed installation and playing with the XBMC GUI, I have "trasfered" the NUC to my home living room.

After a while I had a need to get into BIOS again and I could get in once in a 30-50 tries. It was driving me mad.
Then I realised that I can try to connect NUC directly to TV (samsung PS59D6900) instead trough AVR (Yamaha YSP 5100)... and bingo... works every time.
Then I remembered that in the office F2 didnt work only when connected to old monitor.

I am using HDMI, dont know how this reflects when using DP.

Can anyone else trie this and confirm?
F2 entering BIOS issues -- I've always attributed to the USB keyboard not being recognized quickly enough. As I recall, when it fails the NUMLOCK light won't come on in time, which would correlate the issue. Sometimes trying a different USB port solves the problem.

BTW, Anandtech just did a review of the Haswell NUCs. http://www.anandtech.com/show/7566/intel...-pc-review

They also tested power usage in XBMC and found nearly identical results to what I measured with a cheap Kill-a-watt: ~6W at Idle, 13W for 1080P video.
Intel i3 Haswell NUC D34010WYK / Yamaha RX-V673 receiver / Panasonic VT-50 plasma TV
(2014-01-03, 22:58)Crssi Wrote: Try another remote if possible.
I have no problem with IR on Win 8.1.

About F2 entering BIOS problem.
In the office I have some old and a brand new monitor. I have had F2 problems in the office sometimes, and sometime not, but I wasnt paying a big attention to figure it out what is the problem.
But after I had completed installation and playing with the XBMC GUI, I have "trasfered" the NUC to my home living room.

After a while I had a need to get into BIOS again and I could get in once in a 30-50 tries. It was driving me mad.
Then I realised that I can try to connect NUC directly to TV (samsung PS59D6900) instead trough AVR (Yamaha YSP 5100)... and bingo... works every time.
Then I remembered that in the office F2 didnt work only when connected to old monitor.

I am using HDMI, dont know how this reflects when using DP.

Can anyone else trie this and confirm?

When I bought my NUC, I could not access F2 BIOS but the retailer could.
I replaced my old monitor with a 1080P model and the problem disappeared.

You say you have no problem with IR on W 8.1. I have NO success here trying a MCE remote which works ok with the old receiver.

Please advise which remote you use and what steps you took to get the IR to talk to your remote.
I bought an Apple IR remote today, any idea how i can get it to work?
(2014-01-04, 21:11)gamble Wrote: I bought an Apple IR remote today, any idea how i can get it to work?

This worked for me:

http://openelec.tv/forum/103-infared-rem...rk-with-oe
Some more remote control help needed, wondering if someone can help me:

Set up: i5 Haswell nuc, Win 8.1 64 bit, Harmony 650 remote.

I have 2 activities: 1 for my HTPC, 1 for watching TV through my TV.

By default the harmony manages to power on the HTPC or wake it from sleep/suspend or whatever mode it exactly is. It doesnt power it down. I managed to make the harmony power down the NUC using the great AdvancedMCERemoteMapper tool. However what I`d like is this:

When I switch activity from HTPC to TV I`d like the NUC to stay on or else go to sleep/suspend and not shut down completely. However I`d still like it to shut down completely when I press the power off button on the harmony. Is this even achievable?

Thanks Smile
Yes, it is. I have like this. It is a registry setting.
I am out of town until tommorow evening. Will post then if nobody else will be faster.
Can anyone tell me why this Command does not work...?!

OpenELEC:~ # ir-keytable -p nec -w/storage/.config/apple
opening keycode file: No such file or directory
Invalid parameter(s)
ir-keytable: -w: (PROGRAM ERROR) Option should have been recognized!?
Try `ir-keytable --help' or `ir-keytable --usage' for more information.

edit.

Changed via ssh (mv) apple.txt to apple, now it seems to see/find the file but next problem..it says invalid parameter on line 1...?

Invalid parameter on line 1 of /storage/.config/apple
Invalid parameter(s)

This is "apple"

# table apple, type:NEC
0x77e1509d KEY_UP
0x77e1609d KEY_RIGHT
0x77e1309d KEY_DOWN
0x77e1909d KEY_LEFT
0x77e13a9d KEY_ENTER
0x77e1c09d KEY_MENU
0x77e1fa9d KEY_PLAYPAUSE
your apple remote file configuration must be apple, and not apple.txt

(2014-01-05, 00:16)gamble Wrote: Can anyone tell me why this Command does not work...?!

opening keycode file: No such file or directory
Invalid parameter(s)

Yeah, already recognized but thx anyway....but next prob. occurred..

Invalid parameter on line 1 of /storage/.config/apple
Invalid parameter(s)

This is my table :

# table apple, type:NEC
0x77e1509d KEY_UP
0x77e1609d KEY_RIGHT
0x77e1309d KEY_DOWN
0x77e1909d KEY_LEFT
0x77e13a9d KEY_ENTER
0x77e1c09d KEY_MENU
0x77e1fa9d KEY_PLAYPAUSE
I'd guess, given the error, that it doesn't understand the comment at line 1. remove that and retry?
Dear All,

Running the last stable build on an i3 and I am experiencing two problems for which I am seeking your assistance:

1. My xbox remote works perfectly except for waking up the nuc. So all keys work and I manage to "switch off" the NUC but am unable to wake-up the NUC with the remote. The power on button works without a problem (in sleep mode the power buttons shows a dull green colour);

2. when I start watching a movie that is for example a blu-ray mkv the video output of the NUC to my tv is interrupted (the tv - a Pioneer 508 serie) reports a loss of video signal. I am used to my tv taking a bit of time to switch between resolutions and frequency but it never reports a lost video signal. I have tried forcing the xbmc interface output to1920x1080 at 24p to avoid switching resolutions and/or frequency but aftre having changed the settings around my tv reports 1920x1080 @50p.

Does anybody have an idea or suggestion?
(2014-01-05, 04:24)ascl_ Wrote: I'd guess, given the error, that it doesn't understand the comment at line 1. remove that and retry?

I already tried that too, but it didn't help Sad
(2014-01-04, 22:37)Crssi Wrote: Yes, it is. I have like this. It is a registry setting.
I am out of town until tommorow evening. Will post then if nobody else will be faster.

Thanks! Much appreciated Smile
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7