• 146(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2014-01-02, 19:13)rbej Wrote: Is possible adopted PiAudio to Frodo??

No, its a sink for ActiveAE, and there's no ActiveAE in Frodo.
(2014-01-02, 04:09)tinnyskillz Wrote: Latest build is freezing more and more for some reason on my pi. The last couple of MilhouseVH builds has been slower for me because of these freezing's. Official 3.2.4 works fine but of coarse they don't have all of

Your log seems to have many add-ons giving errors.
I'd try renaming the ~/.xbmc folder, and checking if things are stable with no add-ons or custom settings.
If it seems okay, then try adding custom settings. If that's okay then try adding add-ons, one at a time to see when the problem occurs.
@MilhouseVH, @miappa
I'd be interested in
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...1a9c6da8bb
being included in the next test builds.

It is for this issue (stutter in non-packed bitstream AVI files):
http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=12535

It's possible the change could break other types of AVI files, so I'd like it to be tested.
New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0103b (obsolete)

Code:
rpi512:~ # uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.12.6 #1 PREEMPT Fri Jan 3 00:08:38 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux
rpi512:~ # vcgencmd version
Dec  2 2013 20:30:23
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 0334d765c5cb144589b4d7a4ac68ae8f136491e1 (clean) (release)
rpi512:~ # lsb_release
OpenELEC_Gotham (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140103020208-r16808-g7598558

Based on tip of XBMC master (fb46bb75c8) and tip of OpenELEC master (75985580c1) with the following modifications:
  • Includes these newclock3 commits (except for e883f39 which I've replaced with a static spinner)
  • Includes Airplay patch
  • Excludes the fernetmenta patches (due to conflict with newclock3)
@popcornmix: I tried the stuttering AVI sample video but couldn't really see the stutter myself with the #3112 build, so although this build includes your fix I'm not able to say if it makes any difference.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@MilhouseVH, I think you're missing this patch for Gotham for airplay. https://github.com/samnazarko/xbmc/commi...1c9a16148f
(2014-01-03, 03:27)qwertyuiop Wrote: @MilhouseVH, I think you're missing this patch for Gotham for airplay. https://github.com/samnazarko/xbmc/commi...1c9a16148f

Thanks, that patch seems to have got dropped off somewhere along the way (I've no iDevices here to test with, can you tell if it works?)

I've updated the original post with build #0103b which now includes the Airplay patch.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I'll test ASAP, I only noticed because I was browsing my network with zeroconf browser and saw airplay still reported the old info with RAOP reporting the new info.
EDIT: Everything appears to be working fine.
thanks popcornmix works like a charm.Smile
Guys, I looked but couldn't find a definitive answer... and sorry if it is a dumb question.

Is it possible to run OE in RAID mode?

e.g. USB drives connected to USB powered hub OR remaining space on the SD card + USB drive.

TIA

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2014-01-03, 12:08)xbs08 Wrote: Guys, I looked but couldn't find a definitive answer... and sorry if it is a dumb question.

Is it possible to run OE in RAID mode?

e.g. USB drives connected to USB powered hub OR remaining space on the SD card + USB drive.

TIA
http://openelec.tv/forum/90-miscellaneou...tware-raid
no software support for raid
(please next time open a new thread if your query is not related to testing openelec builds for raspberry pi)
Is rbej not doing releases anymore? If not do MillhouseVH's builds include swap and the other tweaks he was using?
(2014-01-03, 22:25)spjonez Wrote: If not do MillhouseVH's builds include swap and the other tweaks he was using?

My builds don't include swap as they're not intended as augmented alternatives to stock release builds, they're purely to help test upcoming improvements that will hopefully appear in future stock releases. In other words, my builds are intended to help fix bugs or test patches that improve performance of existing functionality, not introduce new and unsupported features.

If you want swap in OpenELEC on R-Pi, I would suggest contacting the OpenELEC developers and see if they'll add Swap support to official builds. They most likely leave it disabled thinking that swap will kill your flash (SD/USB) storage.
New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0104 (obsolete)

Code:
rpi512:~ # uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.12.6 #1 PREEMPT Sat Jan 4 00:22:52 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux
rpi512:~ # vcgencmd version
Dec  2 2013 20:30:23
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 0334d765c5cb144589b4d7a4ac68ae8f136491e1 (clean) (release)
rpi512:~ # lsb_release
OpenELEC_Gotham (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140104002015-r16822-gc7036c3

Based on tip of XBMC master (3287585eec) and tip of OpenELEC master (c7036c38f4) with the following modifications:
  • Includes these newclock3 commits (except for e883f39 which I've replaced with a static spinner)
  • Includes PR:3879
  • Excludes the fernetmenta patches (due to conflict with newclock3)
The Airplay patch is now included amongst the newclock3 patches (thanks @popcornmix)

@spjonez: I asked the OpenELEC guys about supporting swap on the R-Pi and it's now included in master (thanks @sraue), so this build (and all future builds) has official swap support, although It's not enabled by default - you need to:
Code:
cp /etc/swap.conf /storage/.config/swap.conf
then enable swap by setting
Code:
SWAP_ENABLED="yes"
and reboot. This will give you a 128MB swap file. There will be a short delay on the first boot while the swap file is created.

If anyone is using my bcmstat.sh script to monitor their Pi, you may want to download the very latest version which (apart from being rewritten to be more efficient and accurate) now includes swap memory when calculating the memory statistics (you can exclude swap memory and just monitor "real" memory by passing the "s" parameter).
I've been meaning to ask if the debug logging could be made less intrusive but maybe that's something I need to ask the OE devs?

It makes it a bit hard to leave it running when it sticks so much text on the screen and some of it isn't very useful anyway, such as the CPU % which we need to use top to monitor accurately and the fps when watching TV is meaningless anyway, showing around 7fps. Perhaps a simple D in the corner would be acceptable to show debug logging is enabled or maybe even that isn't necessary. If some people find the current readout useful, maybe there could be an option to have it on or off (or minimalistic).

Anyway, interested to hear what others think but if this is completely OT, please tell me to post it elsewhere Smile
(2014-01-04, 03:19)MilhouseVH Wrote: @spjonez: I asked the OpenELEC guys about supporting swap on the R-Pi and it's now included in master (thanks @sraue), so this build (and all future builds) has official swap support, although It's not enabled by default - you need to:
Code:
cp /etc/swap.conf /storage/.config/swap.conf
then enable swap by setting
Code:
SWAP_ENABLED="yes"
and reboot. This will give you a 128MB swap file. There will be a short delay on the first boot while the swap file is created.

sorry for the stupid question, but what is the swap good for? I know the RPi has limited RAM but at least the Model B with 512MB seemed to be sufficient for me as there was always enough space left.
Isn't swap memory on the SD Card also pretty slow in comparison to the dedicated RAM?
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
  • 146(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223