• 73(current)
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
(2013-12-30, 18:22)davilla Wrote: Gotham nightlies have amcodec enabled now. Merry Christmas from Pivos.

sorry i get confused with all the terminology. what does that mean for atv1200 users?
(2013-12-30, 21:23)thebearnecessit Wrote:
(2013-12-30, 18:22)davilla Wrote: Gotham nightlies have amcodec enabled now. Merry Christmas from Pivos.

sorry i get confused with all the terminology. what does that mean for atv1200 users?

I think it means that ATV1200 users can now use the normal nightly builds (wiki) from now on, and no longer need a special version.
(2013-12-31, 00:18)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-12-30, 21:23)thebearnecessit Wrote:

I think it means that ATV1200 users can now use the normal nightly builds (wiki) from now on, and no longer need a special version.

thanks so much
Hello Davilla

build 29-12 not ok, stuttering with mkv and ts files
build 30-12 ok, no stuttering but no dowload from addons possible, can you fix his ?
stable build 12.3 also stuttering.
What does "no download from addons possible" mean? You can't install new add-ons?
(2013-12-31, 02:40)Ned Scott Wrote: What does "no download from addons possible" mean? You can't install new add-ons?

I think he is referring to the Download feature available in some 3rd party add ons that allow you to save the media instead of just streaming it.
Sorry for my very brief description above , it was getting very late and i have been trying to get it to work for more then 12 hours in a row.

Ned, What does "no download from addons possible" mean? You can't install new add-ons?
it means I wasn't able to install any addons, not even from the official repo, or the pvr addons.

For the record, I have a Gbox midnight mx2 with 1.1.6 firmware.

Greetings and a happy new year to all of you, DjKolk
(2013-12-19, 11:19)Biatsch Wrote: Download

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1r3anv4hfubi5wr/Ss2bD31f9Q

first try .....
"update for MX 20130805 boot card box.rar"......(unzip and read description)..... dont Forget to "run uboot_MX.cmd" when copied to sd.... and wait round about 2 mins the box will start up recovery and Flash Image automaticaly
if that didn`t work u need a rs232 cable to ttl with max 232 chip .and a usb to Serial converter if your board hasn`t got a com port......
unzip and read description for ....."HOW TO BURN IMAGE ATV1200.rar"..... follow description step by step, watch if everything is on sd, control boudrate and bits when connecting

if that won`t work contact Geniatech Support..... they helped me out and send me that files

Red light Brick here too Sad

The dropbox link is not working anymore (suspended).
Has anybody a alternate link for ATV1200 recovery files (i have contacted geniatech but no answer )

thanks
(2013-12-31, 19:55)Lupu Wrote:
(2013-12-19, 11:19)Biatsch Wrote: Download

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1r3anv4hfubi5wr/Ss2bD31f9Q

first try .....
"update for MX 20130805 boot card box.rar"......(unzip and read description)..... dont Forget to "run uboot_MX.cmd" when copied to sd.... and wait round about 2 mins the box will start up recovery and Flash Image automaticaly
if that didn`t work u need a rs232 cable to ttl with max 232 chip .and a usb to Serial converter if your board hasn`t got a com port......
unzip and read description for ....."HOW TO BURN IMAGE ATV1200.rar"..... follow description step by step, watch if everything is on sd, control boudrate and bits when connecting

if that won`t work contact Geniatech Support..... they helped me out and send me that files

Red light Brick here too Sad

The dropbox link is not working anymore (suspended).
Has anybody a alternate link for ATV1200 recovery files (i have contacted geniatech but no answer )

thanks

DROPBOX-LINK ONLINE again
What app are people using these days?

Ive always ended up downloading the latest unofficial user build made by pivos. but its 2 months old now so maybe the official xbmc app is better now?
(2014-01-02, 04:40)thebearnecessit Wrote: What app are people using these days?

Ive always ended up downloading the latest unofficial user build made by pivos. but its 2 months old now so maybe the official xbmc app is better now?

Indeed, you can now use the official nightly builds (wiki). Give it a try.
Geniatech has a new Linux XBMC system for box which fixed below problems:

Fixed can not enter into system sometimes;
Enable USB remote control/mouse by default;
The power button on hadrware works now;
Buttons on infrared remote control can work;

MX_LINUX-STVMX-update20140102

If your current system is Linux XBMC, update above new file as below:
Download and don't unzip;
change the file extension to .img, that is MX_LINUX-STVMX-update20140102.img;
insert SD card to box;
Press and hold upgrade button on box, plug in power adapter, keep holding the button for 5 seconds, you will see recovery (upgrading)screen;
then, loosen the button and press up/down button on remote control to selet update from EXT, find the file to update.
Hey XBMCer's,

Just purchased a Sumvison Cyclone X2 (ATV 1200) flashed with the latest MyGica firmware as a replacement for an RasPi running OpenELEC that was getting a little creaky, I've adored XBMC since I hacked my original Xbox

Love the 1200, a great little device with a few foibles (ran out of SDcard0 space due to a huge media library fixed with help from this forum with an advancedsettings.xml redirect to an 8Gb SDCard, infact I liked it so much that I ordered an ATV1220 from Geniatech direct as I'd like to add HD Freeview to my currently SD setup.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Pre-sale-...12840.html

Doesn't seem to be a lot of discussion about it here, does anyone know if the Live TV will work in XBMC or will I have to use the included app?

Also, from combing the net I've found out that the AutoUpdate will flash the ATV1200 latest firmware disabling the tuner, the correct firmware needs to be added manually as per the link below

http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androi...g_DVBT.zip

I will try to answer any specific questions about it when it arrives in a month or so
Hello, first of all I want I apologize for my bad English.
I use Google translate to make it as understandable as possible to make.

I tried to flash the box on Linux, but every time I've been waiting the 10 seconds immediately comes the droid and a loading bar.
After this, the box will reboot and stays in a black screen

Does anyone have an idea where the problem may be?

Thanks in advance, Nevrion
(2014-01-05, 04:01)nevrion Wrote: I tried to flash the box on Linux, but every time I've been waiting the 10 seconds immediately comes the droid and a loading bar.
After this, the box will reboot and stays in a black screen

Does anyone have an idea where the problem may be?

Thanks in advance, Nevrion

Have you followed this
[HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices
Press THANK USER if I Help
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding17