• 150(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0106 (obsolete)

Code:
rpi512:~ # uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.12.6 #1 PREEMPT Mon Jan 6 20:12:12 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux
rpi512:~ # vcgencmd version
Dec  2 2013 20:30:23
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 0334d765c5cb144589b4d7a4ac68ae8f136491e1 (clean) (release)
rpi512:~ # lsb_release
OpenELEC_Gotham (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140106202835-r16873-g93cc36d

Based on tip of XBMC master (2a5b27adcc) and tip of OpenELEC master (93cc36d5bb) with the following modifications:
  • Includes these newclock3 commits (except for 002332c which I've replaced with a static spinner)
  • Excludes the fernetmenta patches (due to conflict with newclock3)
  • Excludes OE timezone patch (moving timezone settings from to Basic) - will be corrected in the next build, until then you may need to enable Advanced on Settings to adjust timezone

New build with revised patch for stall when resuming avi videos - seems to be working fine here, many thanks!
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
This bug is probably in tvheadend rather than these OE builds but as I can't be sure, I'm reporting it in both places just in case.

I've found that when I have a recording in progress and am watching TV at the same time, after a while XBMC will just lock up completely, requiring a power-cycle which obviously messes up the recording, never mind being annoying when I'm trying to relax and watch TV.

It happened twice in the last couple of days when I happened to be watching the programme that was being recorded, so I thought that it was limited to doing that but just now I was watching a different channel and it did it, so it just seems to be triggered by having the two things running. I presume when watching the same channel that's being recorded it only uses a single tuner, so even if in the instance in this log it was using both tuners due to the channel being watched being on a different mux to the one being recorded, it clearly isn't only happening when both tuners are active.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=106933
(2014-01-06, 23:34)doveman2 Wrote: I've found that when I have a recording in progress and am watching TV at the same time, after a while XBMC will just lock up completely, requiring a power-cycle which obviously messes up the recording, never mind being annoying when I'm trying to relax and watch TV.

Can you still ssh in after this lock up?
It certainly could be caused by overclock or power supply. Can you disable overclock and see if it still occurs, and double check voltage (when playing and recording).
Another possibility could be memory running out. Can you try running Milhouse's bcmstat.sh script and see if arm or gpu memory gets very low before crash (although typically xbmc just exits in this case, and restarts).
(2014-01-06, 23:42)popcornmix Wrote: Can you still ssh in after this lock up?
It certainly could be caused by overclock or power supply. Can you disable overclock and see if it still occurs, and double check voltage (when playing and recording).
Another possibility could be memory running out. Can you try running Milhouse's bcmstat.sh script and see if arm or gpu memory gets very low before crash (although typically xbmc just exits in this case, and restarts).

I don't think I can ssh in (pretty sure I tried this previously but didn't the last couple of days). Even if I have WinSCP connected before the lockup, it loses connection and can't reconnect once it occurs.

I've only got

arm_freq=900
over_voltage=2

at the moment, so nothing extreme but I'll try disabling it anyway and try checking the voltage and maybe using a different PSU and try Milhouse's script in case that reveals anything (although I still have the debug OSD showing and that indicates there's plenty of free RAM and I'm only running at 720P with 16-bit textures so I wouldn't have thought the GPU RAM would get filled).
Hi

are there some changes in DTS passthrough in newest builds ? After upgrade i didn't have sound in any movie. I had to turn off DTS passthrough, but now movies with DTS are choppy. I'm not 100% sure if my tv supports it, but in previous builds i had it turned on and everything was working fine. AC3 passthrough works fine.
(2014-01-07, 00:30)doveman2 Wrote: I don't think I can ssh in (pretty sure I tried this previously but didn't the last couple of days). Even if I have WinSCP connected before the lockup, it loses connection and can't reconnect once it occurs.

maybe related or maybe not.
i also have some problems with connectivity (both network and usb) especially when i set up openelec dev/Milhouse builds (at the welcome screen and when i set the time zone, maybe related to the fact that some plugins try to update at the same time), or when something goes wrong with live tv. and it freezes (tvheadend addon doesn't connect to backend, vnsi plugin tries to refresh epg data too often).
at first i thought it might be a power issue (since i don't have an overclocked rpi) but i ran pi_stress_test.sh on Raspbian (here's what it does) and i have no connectivity issues.
(2014-01-07, 08:23)deejayq Wrote: i ran pi_stress_test.sh on Raspbian (here's what it does) and i have no connectivity issues.

That is not a stress test. The arm only uses about 10% of the chip's power. You need to have the 3D engine, or jpeg encode/decode working hard to get any sort of stress.
Quake 3 is a good stress test. As is xbmc scrolling at full speed through library views.
(2014-01-07, 01:00)heniek12 Wrote: are there some changes in DTS passthrough in newest builds ? After upgrade i didn't have sound in any movie. I had to turn off DTS passthrough, but now movies with DTS are choppy. I'm not 100% sure if my tv supports it, but in previous builds i had it turned on and everything was working fine. AC3 passthrough works fine.

What does "tvservice -a" report?
PCM supported: Max channels: 2, Max samplerate: 48kHz, Max samplesize 24 bits.

Looks like no AC3 and DTS support ? As I said i had DTS and AC3 passthrough option turned on for few months at least, and everything was working fine. After upgrade, 2 weeks ago I think i had no sound until i disabled DTS passthrough.

(2014-01-07, 14:15)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-01-07, 01:00)heniek12 Wrote: are there some changes in DTS passthrough in newest builds ? After upgrade i didn't have sound in any movie. I had to turn off DTS passthrough, but now movies with DTS are choppy. I'm not 100% sure if my tv supports it, but in previous builds i had it turned on and everything was working fine. AC3 passthrough works fine.

What does "tvservice -a" report?
Code:
OpenELEC:~ # uname -a
Linux OpenELEC 3.12.6 #1 PREEMPT Mon Jan 6 18:03:28 CET 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux
OpenELEC:~ # vcgencmd version
Dec  2 2013 20:30:23
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 0334d765c5cb144589b4d7a4ac68ae8f136491e1 (clean) (release)
OpenELEC:~ # lsb_release
OpenELEC_Gotham (unofficial) - Version: devel-20140107145625-r16875-gb793e81
OpenELEC:~ # cat /proc/meminfo  |grep Swap
SwapCached:           20 kB
SwapTotal:        131068 kB
SwapFree:         131048 kB
latest alpha 11
newclock3 patch Jan 06, 2014
dvdplayer enable (decode unsupported hardware decoding videos using arm)
swap 128MB enable by default
Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxxze7of98jrz7d/OpenELEC_Gotham-RPi.arm-devel-20140107145625-r16875-gb793e81.tar
Could you explain the benefits of using ARM to decode video?

Thanks

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
If you want a stress test, I've just added one to texturecache.py. This will iterate over all the items in a movie view (thumbnail, listright and listdown) with configurable pause between movement.

On an overclocked and over-volted R-Pi it's quite easy to hit 85C at which point the CPU will be throttled back to 700MHz, but if it doesn't crash and continues running then it's probably stable!
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Rbje/popcornmix

Can you please enable swap support again in frodo, as you had in your early builds?

Thanks! Smile
@popcornmix / MilhouseVH
The problem with live tv freezing http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1590886 is back in build #0106 (live-tv works fine in #0105)
Updated Frodo Branch

- updated firmware

- updated kernel to 3.10.25

- added 4 Rpi kernel patches

- add 2 patches to FFmpeg 1.2.4

- updated ShairPlay (Apple AirPlay)

- sync with: https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi..._backports

- add 2 Rpi patches:

[rbp/omxplayer] Never trust pts in avi files
[rbp/omxplayer] Fix stall when resuming avi file without valid pts

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej